River Valley Raiders 2008

fuzzhead
SEOP

Re: River Valley Raiders 2008

Post by fuzzhead »

Wasn't trying to be degrading to River Valley.
I was there for most of the game last year and I know how good of an effort RV made.
If you'll read some of my past posts, you'll see that I have questioned Coal Grove's coaching/play-calling myself, although I have never called a coach's character into question.
When Coal Grove stunk up the OVC from '98 to '04, people still came out to the games in large numbers, but you always got the feeling coming into the season that they weren't going to be very good.
Losing breeds losing. I don't think football is as high a priority at RV as say XC or basketball, but I think they'll have a pretty decent team this year. I can see some impressive wins and some close losses in the non-so-distant future for RV.

RVRaiderFan
All State

Post by RVRaiderFan »

Easy now guys! :lol:

Let's get back to the topic at hand.....RV and how things are gonna go in 2008.

RVRaiderFan
All State

Post by RVRaiderFan »

Just wanted to keep this post going........AND..............THIS IS MY 1,000 POST!!! :-D :-D

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

RVRaiderFan-congrats on 1,000 post!

Good Luck to the Raiders on the up coming season!

BLITZBURG
Riding the Bench

Post by BLITZBURG »

Would like to say congratulations and good luck this season to coach McClelland and the Raiders.

RVRaiderFan
All State

Post by RVRaiderFan »

Let's get this back on the first page! Keep the comments coming for the Raiders! OVC Preview is on August 15 at Coal Grove...getting closer and closer!

GO RAIDERS!!

RVRaiderFan
All State

Post by RVRaiderFan »

Thanks Ricky! I almost forgot about that!

RV/GA scrimmage Sat Aug 9, at RV 10am (I believe?)

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

Word going around is that the Raiders have nice skill players this year.

RVRaiderFan
All State

Post by RVRaiderFan »

mtswngrvsg:

I have heard that too! I have heard a lot of positives coming from different people. Hopefully it can be a great year for the silver and black!

GO RAIDERS!!

GATOR BAIT
Riding the Bench

Post by GATOR BAIT »

Aren't they the same skilled players as last year maybe in different spots but the qb and some of the backs are the same not all but the core is still intact . I know they lost a split end but they didn't throw very much which IMO has led to their down fall in years past three downs and a cloud of dust doesn't get it. If they truly due have specialty players this year the A 11 offense would be truly their best bet.

GOOD LUCK RAIDERS!!!!!!!!!!!!

bucking red
Varsity

Post by bucking red »

I know RV gave the dragons a run for their money last year. Good luck this season except when you play the dragons.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Are the previews going to feature the same match-ups as last year?

Teufelhunden
Freshman Team

Post by Teufelhunden »

Best of luck to Coach McClelland and the Raiders. The G'Town faithful are very proud to add another to the long line of successful head coaches from our alumni ranks.

RVRaiderFan
All State

Post by RVRaiderFan »

I'm getting ready to walk out the door and head up to school for the scrimmage!!

GO RAIDERS!!!!

RVRaiderFan
All State

Post by RVRaiderFan »

From today's scrimmage:

From looking around, it was a decent crowd....a mix of GA fans and RV fans

As for the scrimmage....both teams have a lot to work on between now and Aug 22. It was of course sloppy for the first "live" action of the year, but I did see a lot of good things as well. RV has some really nice skill players, but the o-line and d-line have got to block and open up some holes.....GA looked a little sloppy as well, especially in the penalty department.....but as usual have some great skill players, and some BIG boys on their lines! Good luck to both teams in 08!

GO RAIDERS!!!!

rat
Freshman Team

Post by rat »

Has gator bait been to a practice or weight room. Actually since you know so much about offense and the A11 maybe you can enlighten me on the blocking schemes, reads, and other aspects that are not discussed on the internet. Gator bait coaching genius.

GATOR BAIT
Riding the Bench

Post by GATOR BAIT »

As usual today's scrimmage showed the RV still gives up the big play and that they need to condition more if their going to have to play ironman football. Iknow their dealing with the hand that their delt with by not having kids come out for the team but when its crunch time and late in the game giving up a big play is inevitable in todays teams that have multiple subs for positions where RV only has maybe a couple at most for postions. As usual RAT will continue ruin most post people put on here about brutal honesty of RV past and present programs I was just saying if they have more skilled players than interior sometimes you need to think outside the box sometimes and use certain aspects of the game to your advantage. Its just like an on-side kick if your doing one would you put all your linemen out there or would the majority of them be skill players. I wasn't bashing anyone or trying to coach it was just an insight that use what u have to your advantage the kids are playing very hard and I support them but in all honesty it will be a uphill battle trying to play ironman football all season and if you can't see it then I guess your king for the day on the post as well. Then when basketball roles around and baseball u will always be right then to your like the RV police.

GOOD LUCK RV and REMEMBER ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE!!!!!!

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

imo!!! Both teams looked bad!!!

imo !!! Both teams has alot of work ahead in little time. wow

Return to “Football”