River Valley Raiders 2008

GAHS7462
All Conference

Re: River Valley Raiders 2008

Post by GAHS7462 »

A11 offense is wild. If you don't know what it is, google it. Still some question about it if its legal.

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

You saw the Point coaches doing what? That is a major violation. The only way they could even try and get by with that is because they are in West Virginia. I hope you are mistaken on this, unless the Gallia Academy staff gave them permission to do that. Heck I remember a coach in Ohio back in the 80's that I think had to sit out a game for that in Southeastern Ohio?

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

He is right !!! I was 20 feet from them, The one Point Coach knew me from Girls BBall when Jackie played!!!

boogerred
All State

Post by boogerred »

I also saw the Point guys taping the scrimmage.

As for what I saw on the field....

A lot of the same stuff RV has done in the past (Iso, Sweep, etc. out of the I, and the buck trap.)

RV hit several nice passes. I think they like the wheel route a little bit.

And a 4-4 defense with a lot of cover 3.

The RV kids seemed like they were fired up and ready to play.

sandman
Freshman Team

Post by sandman »

Not that either team looked "fantastic" but I was pleasantly surprised by RV, particularly at the skill positions. Obviously both have room for improvement but in all, RV looked much better than I expected given their losses to graduation. The numbers on the roster worry me a bit, absolutely no room for injuries. The line does lack some experience but they will learn, one way or the other. I personally know all of the upperclassmen and can vouch that they are a tough lot. Someone said that they will have trouble with "ironman" football. That may be true but I think it is true of any team in this age given the strength and conditioning of the more highly manned programs. They are conditioning very hard and will be as ready as they can be.

If RV can stay healthy, they will surprise some people this year.

GOOD LUCK to Jerod and his team!!

rat
Freshman Team

Post by rat »

I would like to know what makes gator an expert on RV football. Been to practice? Was that all their offense? You say you support kids, but you are the first to put them down. If you are a fan, then please set in the visitor stands.

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

Good to hear things are positive for the Raiders.

Good Luck to both River Valley and Gallia Academy!

Knowbody
Waterboy

Post by Knowbody »

The streets will run red with the blood of nonbelievers. Or something like that. I dunno, it sounded tough. RV looked okay enough. I can't say they were dominated by the big Blue mess on the other side of the ball. Time will tell.

sandman
Freshman Team

Post by sandman »

I thought RV pretty much stood even with GA for most of the scrimmage, particularly early on.

Return to “Football”