Playoff Chances

whodey67
Waterboy

Playoff Chances

Post by whodey67 »

I know we are still 2 weeks away from the official playoff pairings, but I am curious as to which area team you feel has the best chance to make it out of the Regional round alive?

I personally like the chances of Sheridan the most, but I think if Jackson can continue to do a good job on the O-line they could do well with their dual run threat, but they also must control the trenches a little better defensively.

Who you got?

buckeyeguy
Varsity

Re: Playoff Chances

Post by buckeyeguy »

NY if they play to their full potential here on out, and valley has a real good chance

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Full potential: N-Y and Valley

indianabuck
All State

Post by indianabuck »

Its going to take 3 almost perfect games by anyone to win region 19.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

If Burg wins out, they host. If they can win one of the last two, I think they might sneak in.

If Valley wins out they will host. If they lose, they will still be in but might be traveling.

West, same as Valley.

Here is one to ponder on. If West and Valley meet up again in the 2nd or 3rd round, where do you think the game would be played? I would have to say Jackson. Portsmouth wouldn't hold all of the people and Ironton definetly wouldn't hold all of the fans.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

indianabuck wrote:Its going to take 3 almost perfect games by anyone to win region 19.
Or imperfect games by other teams...TO's, penalties, etc.

It's going to be a GREAT region battle this year, and whoever emerges, WILL have earned it.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

yabbadabbadoo wrote:If Burg wins out, they host. If they can win one of the last two, I think they might sneak in.

If Valley wins out they will host. If they lose, they will still be in but might be traveling.

West, same as Valley.

Here is one to ponder on. If West and Valley meet up again in the 2nd or 3rd round, where do you think the game would be played? I would have to say Jackson. Portsmouth wouldn't hold all of the people and Ironton definetly wouldn't hold all of the fans.
It would almost HAVE to be at Jackson, although...the OHSAA has been known for some head scratchers. I'd be worth the drive IMO to watch them play at OU.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

indianabuck wrote:Its going to take 3 almost perfect games by anyone to win region 19.
Do you live in Indiana?

whodey67
Waterboy

Post by whodey67 »

what's the deal with Wahama? Ae they allowing them into the Ohio Playoffs since they are in the TVC, or will they be in the WVA playoffs?

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

whodey67 wrote:what's the deal with Wahama? Ae they allowing them into the Ohio Playoffs since they are in the TVC, or will they be in the WVA playoffs?
Pretty sure they will be in the WV playoffs....Joe eitel doesnt have them in ANY region. It says D-5 Region 0

indianabuck
All State

Post by indianabuck »

chicken_coop wrote:
Do you live in Indiana?
No, I grew up there. I still have family there. I pay attention to football in Indiana also. I have a brother who coaches HS football there too.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Jackson being 2 divisions up on Valley, PWest probably means we would play on the same nights in the playoffs, so week 12 in Jackson, but only likely if Jackson isn't still playing.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

indianabuck wrote:
chicken_coop wrote:
Do you live in Indiana?
No, I grew up there. I still have family there. I pay attention to football in Indiana also. I have a brother who coaches HS football there too.
Gotcha...we're in the Center Grove SD...son starts kindergarten there next year.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Ironman92 wrote:Jackson being 2 divisions up on Valley, PWest probably means we would play on the same nights in the playoffs, so week 12 in Jackson, but only likely if Jackson isn't still playing.

I could be dreaming this, but I think I remember the OHSAA making exceptions in the past. For example, if Jackson is the best location for a potential Valley/West game, but Jackson is still playing, the D5 game might be moved to Saturday to accomodate Jackson, while also keeping the game in the best possible venue.

I really hate it that D3 and D5 are on the same night this year though. I'm not too interested in D4 this season...would much rather watch those D5 games, but I can sacrifice as long as the Ironmen are playing.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

That won't happen...they'll send them elsewhere.

Hope I'm wrong.

indianabuck
All State

Post by indianabuck »

If Jackson is playing and not available and Portsmouth is not an option, where could that game be played? Or where would a NY Vs West/Valley be played if Jackson is still playing?

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Ohio U...

indianabuck
All State

Post by indianabuck »

OU has not hosted a playoff game in 3-4 years. The only places in Athens county that has hosted playoff games is NY and Logan. OU I think feels they are too big now to host a game there even though they were nice enough to let Athens play there last year after their stadium was destroyed. That is why I never said OU when thinking about NT Vs West or Valley.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

whodey67 wrote:what's the deal with Wahama? Ae they allowing them into the Ohio Playoffs since they are in the TVC, or will they be in the WVA playoffs?

Seriously. When have they ever allowed a team from outside Ohio play in the Ohio playoffs?

crazymidgets
All Conference

Post by crazymidgets »

Unioto has hosted in the past might be an option.

Return to “Football”