Playoff Chances

tl895
Varsity

Re: Playoff Chances

Post by tl895 »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote:
whodey67 wrote:what's the deal with Wahama? Ae they allowing them into the Ohio Playoffs since they are in the TVC, or will they be in the WVA playoffs?

Seriously. When have they ever allowed a team from outside Ohio play in the Ohio playoffs?
goofiest thing ive heard in a while ....

clbbig12
Freshman Team

Post by clbbig12 »

If they win out Fairfield Christian should be in. But fri nite against youngstown christian will be very tough.

CavsFan08
JV Team

Post by CavsFan08 »

Region 17 Projections
1) Kirtland 22.53
2) Monroe Central (Woodsfield) 19.01
3) Columbiana 17.75
4) Memorial (Campbell) 16.60
5) Crestview (Columbiana) 16.25
6) Garaway (Sugarcreek) 15.70
7) Cuyahoga Heights (Cleveland) 15.45
8) St Thomas Aquinas (Louisville) 14.38

Region 18 Projections
1) Liberty Center 24.85
2) Hopewell-Loudon (Bascom) 24.26
3) Lima Central Catholic (Lima) 23.70
4) Liberty-Benton (Findlay) 19.05
5) Northwood 18.05
6) Patrick Henry (Hamler) 17.45
7) Hicksville 15.60
8) Carey 14.99

Region 19 Projections
1) Nelsonville-York (Nelsonville) 25.47
2) Wynford (Bucyrus) 24.10
3) Valley (Lucasville) 22.99
4) Grandview Heights (Columbus) 19.35
5) Crestview (Ashland) 18.75
6) Portsmouth West (West Portsmouth) 17.85
7) Ridgewood (West Lafayette) 17.00
8) Wheelersburg 16.00

Region 20 Projections
1) Adena (Frankfort) 23.05
2) Pleasant (Marion) 21.50
3) West Liberty-Salem (West Liberty) 21.10
4) Covington 18.30
5) Coldwater 17.25
6) West Jefferson 16.15
7) Miami East (Casstown) 11.60
8) Summit Country Day (Cincinnati) 11.56

Everyone keeps talking about Region 19 going to be a war to get out of but what region isn't? I agree that there are a lot of equal level teams in region 19 but if I was going to order the regions I would put them in this order in DV: 18,20,17, 19

Coldwater being in 20 makes that almost impossible for anyone else to get out of that region but with Ursuline out of things it does make DV a lot more fun this season.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Interesting....I'm assuming you have Wheelersburg beating West in week 10?

bucks_09
Freshman Team

Post by bucks_09 »

chicken_coop wrote:Interesting....I'm assuming you have Wheelersburg beating West in week 10?
Im guessing this is copied from Drew Pasteurs website since it is the same numbers he has on there, and i dont think cavsfan is smart enough to even figure out how to add points together.

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

Drew Pasteur's "projections" have averages factored into them, which takes away some of the real time affect of head-to-head match-ups amongst teams fighting for spots in the same regions i.e. Valley-Burg and West-Burg in the final two weeks.

If Burg loses both, they won't get in. Likewise, a loss by either Valley or West to Burg and they won't finish as high as Pasteur has them "projected". Should the Pirates win both games, then that obviously changes everything. The primary point I'm making, is it is simply not possible for Valley, West and Wheelersburg to all three end up with the averages Pasteur has them with at the end of the season. Those numbers are nothing more than an average of the range of what their average could be in various scenarios.

buckeyeguy
Varsity

Post by buckeyeguy »

Ridgewood plays Strasburg-Franklin this week and SF is playing for a must win to keep their playoff hopes in div. 6 reg 21 alive so ridgewood has to win to stay in.. They could possibly lose that game its a must win for SF. well both teams... Just a thought thats all

indianabuck
All State

Post by indianabuck »

I dont think Ridgewood gets in if Burg beats Valley or West even if they win against SF.

buckeyeguy
Varsity

Post by buckeyeguy »

If valley wins out and NY that would be a great matchup 2 good undefeated teams deeper into the playoffs of course if they both win the playoff games before that, but if they lose to Burg id like to see a good ol NY vs Burg been awhile sinse these two have played

nybucksgrad06
JV Team

Post by nybucksgrad06 »

I for one would love to see a NY VS. VALLEY for the Region 19 final!!!!!!!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

yabbadabbadoo wrote:If Burg wins out, they host. If they can win one of the last two, I think they might sneak in.

If Valley wins out they will host. If they lose, they will still be in but might be traveling.

West, same as Valley.

Here is one to ponder on. If West and Valley meet up again in the 2nd or 3rd round, where do you think the game would be played? I would have to say Jackson. Portsmouth wouldn't hold all of the people and Ironton definetly wouldn't hold all of the fans.
--------------yabba i've saw some huge crowds in the tank, trust me it can handle it.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Ironman92 wrote:That won't happen...they'll send them elsewhere.

Hope I'm wrong.
------------you are correct ironman. you literally could end up anywhere trust me on this one.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

AND FINALLY DON'T SLEEP ON THEM FIGHTING TIGERS , THEIR SCHEDULE IS BRUTAL, AND ONCE THEY GETTING TO PLAYING TEAMS THEIR SIZE, WELL ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN. I'VE SEEN THEM COME INTO THE PLAYOFFS 5-5, OR 6-3 , AND KAPOWEY, THEY ARE PLAYING FOR A STATE TITLE. AND FEW HAVE THEIR PLAYOFF EXPERIENCE.

noles_fan
S

Post by noles_fan »

Ironman92 wrote:Jackson being 2 divisions up on Valley, PWest probably means we would play on the same nights in the playoffs, so week 12 in Jackson, but only likely if Jackson isn't still playing.
This is a moot point. When you say if Jackson is still playing I assume you are refering to the second round. The second round of the playoffs are always played at a neutral field. So reguardless of weather Jackson is still playing or not unless it is the first round they won't be playing at home.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

He means that a school isn't asked to host a game on the same night that their team is playing. IF Jackson was playing in Week 12, the OHSAA wouldn't ask them to host a game on that night because parents/fans/etc. would have to work at the game, rather than go watch their team play. Since D3 (Jackson's division) and D5 are on the same night, there could be a conflict.

A-Town Big Dog
S

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

indianabuck wrote:OU has not hosted a playoff game in 3-4 years. The only places in Athens county that has hosted playoff games is NY and Logan. OU I think feels they are too big now to host a game there even though they were nice enough to let Athens play there last year after their stadium was destroyed. That is why I never said OU when thinking about NT Vs West or Valley.
Logan is in Hocking Co. N-Y certainly is capable and Athens could be a choice with the new renovations and field.

A-Town Big Dog
S

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

chicken_coop wrote:
whodey67 wrote:what's the deal with Wahama? Ae they allowing them into the Ohio Playoffs since they are in the TVC, or will they be in the WVA playoffs?
Pretty sure they will be in the WV playoffs....Joe eitel doesnt have them in ANY region. It says D-5 Region 0
No out of state teams are eligable for post season competition in Ohio, Wahama will be in the WVA playoffs again as they were last year finishing state runner up in class A.

indianabuck
All State

Post by indianabuck »

A-Town Big Dog wrote:
indianabuck wrote:OU has not hosted a playoff game in 3-4 years. The only places in Athens county that has hosted playoff games is NY and Logan. OU I think feels they are too big now to host a game there even though they were nice enough to let Athens play there last year after their stadium was destroyed. That is why I never said OU when thinking about NT Vs West or Valley.
Logan is in Hocking Co. N-Y certainly is capable and Athens could be a choice with the new renovations and field.
Yes, they are capable, but we are looking at a senario where Jackson, Athens, and NY are still playing, and trying to find a site for West/Valley in a neutral site round, or if NY was playing one of them, and Jackson and Athens were not available. Would Logan host a Jackson/Athens neutral site game?

bucks_09
Freshman Team

Post by bucks_09 »

What about Minford for a Valley/W. Portsmouth game. Its not very far from either school. The fstadium is nice and has a good amount of room, the only bad thing is the field isnt turf.

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

bucks_09 wrote:What about Minford for a Valley/W. Portsmouth game. Its not very far from either school. The fstadium is nice and has a good amount of room, the only bad thing is the field isnt turf.
Don't Spartan Stadium, Portsmouth's Coliseum and Tank Stadium all have more seating capacity than Minford? It's a nice facility, but I've gotta believe it would be overflowing with people pretty quickly if a West/Valley rematch were the only ticket in town that night.

Return to “Football”