Ben Hartsock Football Camp

RogueWarrior1965
Varsity

Ben Hartsock Football Camp

Post by RogueWarrior1965 »

I am not sure if there are any slots open, but for Ross County residents in grades 3-8 there will be a football camp Saturday from 8:30 AM-12:30 PM at the Unioto Athletic Complex. It is for Ross County residents ONLY. Like I said, I am not sure if there are any slots open as the deadline was June 20th. I just heard about it today, so there may still be openings. On the application, it says the POC is Wayne Horsely, who coached at one time at Unioto, as well as other schools in the area (I believe). The number listed for information is 740-797-8471.

Ben Hartsock is currently a tight end with the Atlanta Falcons and previously played for the Indianapolis Colts and Tennessee Titans. He was also the starting TE on the 2002 OSU National Championship Team. As I understand it, there will be 4-5 current NFL players there.

I hope I am not out of line for bringing this up, but I do not know if it was as widely publicized as it should have been.

Pol pot
SE

Re: Ben Hartsock Football Camp

Post by Pol pot »

Got to watch most all of this camp. And what a GREAT EVENT! The players in attendance were: Ben, Casey Cramer (Tenessee), Simon Frasier (Atlanta), Joel Penton (OSU, Athletes in Action), Jim Cordle (OSU), Mike Mitchell (Ohio), Josh Leuck (Ohio), David Carter (Ohio), Andrew Mooney (Ohio), Mitch Morsillo (Ohio). There were right at 150 kids, and the interaction and instruction on the day was 1st class! Seemed like around 26 local High School Coaches from all over Ross County, saw a group from Jackson, even got to see Coach Zody and Ruby back in action on the sidelines. At the end of the day, ever camper got a football, backpack, water bottle, a poster of the players, and Subway provided lunch to every camper. All at no cost! The most impressive thing is all the NFL and college guys signed autographs and gave of their time to the kids.

OldBlue
Freshman Team

Post by OldBlue »

I helped work at it and it was a great time.

All of the kids really seemed to have fun and got a lot of stuff.

Ben and all of the other guys that showed up to help at the camp were class acts.

RogueWarrior1965
Varsity

Post by RogueWarrior1965 »

Pol Pot wrote: At the end of the day, ever camper got a football, backpack, water bottle, a poster of the players, and Subway provided lunch to every camper. All at no cost! The most impressive thing is all the NFL and college guys signed autographs and gave of their time to the kids.

That is FANTASTIC. Ben went to high school with my daughter where he was well respected, spoke at our church after OSU won the national championship, and now is doing things like this for the community now that he is in the NFL. A great role model to say the least. Looking at some of the pictures on the Gazette's web site, can you even remotely picture Randy Moss or TO doing something like that (laughing and playing with the kids at the camp)?

This is living proof that if you instill good family values in your children, it will pay-off. It sure would be nice if more parents did that.

Great job by Ben, the other players, coaches, and workers that made this happen.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

Saw a large full page ad in the Gazette today, thanking all the volunteers, coaches and sponsors. Hats off to all of those that pulled off this great event!

Army
S

Post by Army »

Great Event :!: :-D

Return to “Football”