Jackson 63 Meigs 7

Poo Bear
SEOP

Re: WK8 Meigs (3-4) @ Jackson (5-2)

Post by Poo Bear »

I know DD Jackson is much bigger than NY .

ma77ox
Varsity

Post by ma77ox »

Dandy Don wrote:How does Meigs score what 7 times against Athens last week and then the very next week hardly get on the board against Jackson?

Jekyll and Hyde?
Jacksons Defense put pressure on our QB all night, no time to pass deep at all, I think we had one attempt over 20 yards and it was intercepted.

We had 8 completions for 36 yards longest pass being 17 yards. So basically 7 passes that averaged 3 yards each. And tat's good considering the pressure, Jackson was very quick and powerful, I think they hit our QB on every pass, sometimes 3 back there hitting him. We ran the ball for around 130 yards, but most those were towards end of game in which we still had our first team in.

Jackson I think would do the same to Athens.

People Have The Right To Their Opinion, And You Have The Right To Ignore It.
doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

ma77ox wrote:
I will say this, I loved the Football atmosphere at Jackson, I had never seen the football field and I was impressed. I got there 15 minutes before kickoff and parking wasn't far away at all. And one thing you don't see very often at high school level is nets on the field for field goals and also I noticed Jackson had a kicking net that the kicker was kicking into. I didn't realize how serious Jackson took their football.
Thanks ma77ox it is a great atmosphere and we do take our football seriously lol, but hey we take our baseball seriously too, if you know of any pitchers with a couple years eligibility left ;) there is always a spot in the rotation ;)

Good luck to the Marauders from here on out, see you in the spring, I can't imagine who we will face lol.

ma77ox
Varsity

Post by ma77ox »

doubleplay643 wrote:
ma77ox wrote:
I will say this, I loved the Football atmosphere at Jackson, I had never seen the football field and I was impressed. I got there 15 minutes before kickoff and parking wasn't far away at all. And one thing you don't see very often at high school level is nets on the field for field goals and also I noticed Jackson had a kicking net that the kicker was kicking into. I didn't realize how serious Jackson took their football.
Thanks ma77ox it is a great atmosphere and we do take our football seriously lol, but hey we take our baseball seriously too, if you know of any pitchers with a couple years eligibility left ;) there is always a spot in the rotation ;)

Good luck to the Marauders from here on out, see you in the spring, I can't imagine who we will face lol.
LOL, Thanks, and I don't think he would look good in Red...Bad enough they have been trying to get him in the purple and gold since jr. high...lol
I'm sure we will face each other. But after 2 more weeks it's gonna be all about the Basketball...lol

Good luck next week in the biggest game of the year, if we weren't playing I'd come watch it.

People Have The Right To Their Opinion, And You Have The Right To Ignore It.
Ironman99
Freshman Team

Post by Ironman99 »

Congrats on the lopsided victory over meigs better be ready next week we will have all we can stand I'm afraid

mattash
Site Admin

Re: Jackson 63 Meigs 7

Post by mattash »

Jackson 63 Meigs 7

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott

Return to “Football”