Piketon Redstreak Football 2012

Svcfanatic
Waterboy

Re: Piketon Redstreak Football 2012

Post by Svcfanatic »

The QB ran it most of the time. And if I remember right both qb's combine threw over almost 550 yards?? You must have been watching a different game than I midget..

crazymidgets
All Conference

Post by crazymidgets »

hmm maybe we didnt watch the same game. Waddel rushed for 125 and a td Royster had 40 and a td Brabson 65 yrds, 3 receivers over 60 yrds with 3 tds so like i said piketon had no trouble with westfalls defense as well and the big blow for piketon was a bubble that was thrown behind the receiver which made it a lateral and recovered by westfall. So what game were you watching?

duck butter
Freshman Team

Post by duck butter »

westfall will be an offensive battle, like it has been the last two years. Whoever gets the ball last wins winner of that game svc champs

bulldawg22
Freshman Team

Post by bulldawg22 »

I would not count Adena out yet. Last losing season was 2002. Many talented players returning.

crazymidgets
All Conference

Post by crazymidgets »

dont believe Adena is being counted out, but losing your whole backfield will be hard to overcome, how many senior starters are they losing? On paper Piketon and Westfall look to be the frontrunners this coming season returning the most starters, but thats on paper.

bulldawg22
Freshman Team

Post by bulldawg22 »

I don't think replacing the backfield will be a huge problem. Coach Thomas has produced a 1000 yard rusher nine straight years. I think it all starts with the offensive line and that is always a strength at Adena.

crazymidgets
All Conference

Post by crazymidgets »

I agree it starts up front, but losing that big fullback is gonna hurt he was a load

Big D23
Riding the Bench

Post by Big D23 »

Shoelace wrote:Think we have heard this before out of the Village....
Piketon had very talented teams since 2006 especially 2007 and 2009, piketon has a case of idiocy when it's comes to trying the same solutions with no different outcome. As optimistic as I can be with another talented team, the physicality of adena, and the offensive of power of westfall. Leaves very little room for era which piketon is known for! Is Lisah availiable in the fall??

crazymidgets
All Conference

Post by crazymidgets »

Piketon has had solid teams the last few yrs with Coach Gullion, very good coach and a really good guy, guess you should ask yourself why has Westfall and Adena been so strong over the last few yrs, well good coaching to start with, grove city not having football didnt hurt, having your starting tailback and fullback transfer in from other svc schools really helped, just saying Coach Gullion has done a pretty good job without having the benefit of those things, not saying it would change the outcome of those games but i believe he has earned a bit of respect for the job he has done. IMO

Redstreak1793
Waterboy

Post by Redstreak1793 »

Coach Gullion is a wonderful coach, not enough credit given to that guy. As for the team O-line will be a huge question mark!! No question great skilled players, but without the boys up front its hard to move the ball.

Big D23
Riding the Bench

Post by Big D23 »

I don't hate the man, He's a great person, and role model. We have had many teams the past couple of years picked to win the league or atleast #2. He's barley over a .500 coach. Just saying coaches are judge on win's and championships and consistency, the only thing constant in piketon football is high expections, and nothing else besides disappointed young men,

crazymidgets
All Conference

Post by crazymidgets »

expectations are like potential unproven!

Bandwagoner
Freshman Team

Post by Bandwagoner »

sounds like midgets is a little skeptical of piketons talent, and gullions genuis...

crazymidgets
All Conference

Post by crazymidgets »

nope if you read the post above mine big d23 was talking expectations, was commenting about that. piketon has plenty of talent this coming yr and they have a good coach but all thats not worth a hill of beans if the kids arent working in the offseason and then all the expectations in the world cant help you and thats what it will be just expectations. Which is the same as potential, wow that kid has a lot of potential, well ok but what has he done, nothing, but boy he has potential. Each kid needs to get bigger stronger and faster, and if they do this expectations will become a reality. You want to win the conferance work, you want to get to the playoffs you got to work harder, you want to win a playoff game ya best be busting your butt cause the teams that get there every year thats what they do. nows the time to do that work.

Bandwagoner
Freshman Team

Post by Bandwagoner »

spring lifting just started any new faces at the gym??

usctrojans1
Freshman Team

Post by usctrojans1 »

Piketon will be tough especially at home, they have good back's and receivers should win Svc.

honeybuns19
Waterboy

Post by honeybuns19 »

piketon will make a lot of noise in the svc most likely will bring svc home at 9-1 westfall will get beat by piketon but will lose to someone

Return to “Football”