Recruiting,,,You Say?

warrnwarriorfan
Varsity

Re: Recruiting,,,You Say?

Post by warrnwarriorfan »

Tobias,

I think it really depends. If you are a running back with absolutely no line, then you are going to have trouble putting up the numbers required to get noticed. If you are a QB and your team doesn't have a true QB coach you may have trouble learning the fundamentals that you need to be successful. If you are the best d-lineman on a bad team and get double and triple all the time it can hurt you. Football is very, very much a team sport where positions depend on each other to be successful. Sure, if you are 6'8" and weigh 325, then yes, the recruiters will find you no matter what. But if you aren't . . . .

BTW, the examples you provided are all from basketball where it think it is in fact easier to be noticed in a small program. A single player can dominate in basketball even with team mates that are not as good. Only 5 kids per team on the floor makes a difference.

AGAIN, not advocating recruiting or moving kids, just saying I understand a little better.

fighting_falcon
Freshman Team

Post by fighting_falcon »

Not only that but both of those mentioned got noticed with their AAU teams.

vikefan
Freshman Team

Post by vikefan »

OHSAA needs to expand their vision to include other schools who continually flaunt the rules governing recruiting...or else get rid of the rule altogether.

Pocket Aces
S

Post by Pocket Aces »

^^^ Jerry Rice

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

biggdowgg wrote:see....if you do it...you do get caught :mrgreen:

http://www.jjhuddle.com/news/articles/2 ... ends-coach

WHAT I WANTA Know is why is one of SEOP.com's finest doing reading JJ's Huddle? don't you think that is a bad example to set? Frankly, I'm bitterly disappointed and disillusioned with you and you have shattered our innocence!

Army
S

Post by Army »

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Return to “Football”