WK 1 Ironton @ Wheelersburg

da_other_c_miller21
Waterboy

Re: IRONTON/WHEELERSBURG. WEEK 1.

Post by da_other_c_miller21 »

The Riepo Man wrote:I seriously cannot remember a game when Ironton did not have a cramp against the Pirates which held the game up giving us cramps too. The 2006 game at BURG was rediculous I-town had way too many cramps; some legit and some oscar winners.

This game shall be a doozy. I want the outcome to be like last years but I am a sucker for a great game.

haha well ironton has always had good drama dept.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

ghostwriter wrote:
biggdowgg wrote:BLUE knows where he will be......where else can he eat the best brats around,and lots of other good food, and watch a football game on friday night :mrgreen:

biggdowgg, does blue know where the good "Green Hot Dogs" are???? :mrgreen:

I dont tell anyone about that secret place :razz:

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

biggdowgg wrote:
ghostwriter wrote:
biggdowgg wrote:BLUE knows where he will be......where else can he eat the best brats around,and lots of other good food, and watch a football game on friday night :mrgreen:

biggdowgg, does blue know where the good "Green Hot Dogs" are???? :mrgreen:

I dont tell anyone about that secret place :razz:

Green hot dogs? Biggdowgg can keep those.

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

This is awesome we arent even into physical fitness yet and we are already talking Burg-Ironton. This will be a heck of a game like most Ironton Burg games. I think in this one the Tigers will pull out a big victory. The Burg fans better hope their new coach has been sitting under the learning tree before he faces Coach Lutz or it could be a long night for the Pirates at their own place.

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

tigercannon71 wrote:This is awesome we arent even into physical fitness yet and we are already talking Burg-Ironton. This will be a heck of a game like most Ironton Burg games. I think in this one the Tigers will pull out a big victory. The Burg fans better hope their new coach has been sitting under the learning tree before he faces Coach Lutz or it could be a long night for the Pirates at their own place.

Well it sounds like Tiger Cannon has already written the BURG off! Thats cool though considering the pounding that was put on the Tigers last season! I'm not saying that BURG is gonna win, I actually thought Ironton would win this game but in close fashion. It will be a hard, HOT,fought game!

Maybe someone should just call up ol' coach woody and tell him that he should be afraid of Lutz! I think he knows what he is getting into!

friday_nite_fan
Varsity

Post by friday_nite_fan »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:CONDITION YOURSELF PROPERLY , STRETCH, AND USE EXTRA SALT DURING THE SEASON. EAT BANANAS, AND DRINK PLENTY, ------------ AND YOU'LL STILL CRAMP. JUST KIDDING , THEY ARE VERY COMMON, IN HOT WEATHER GAMES. BUT THESE THINGS WILL HELP REDUCE THEM, BUT YOU MUST DO IT FAITHFULLY. BEFORE, DURING AND AFTER.

Also, drink pickle juice before and during the game. It may sound gross but it's a fact that it hydrates muscles faster than anything.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Neutron Man wrote:
tigercannon71 wrote:This is awesome we arent even into physical fitness yet and we are already talking Burg-Ironton. This will be a heck of a game like most Ironton Burg games. I think in this one the Tigers will pull out a big victory. The Burg fans better hope their new coach has been sitting under the learning tree before he faces Coach Lutz or it could be a long night for the Pirates at their own place.

Well it sounds like Tiger Cannon has already written the BURG off! Thats cool though considering the pounding that was put on the Tigers last season! I'm not saying that BURG is gonna win, I actually thought Ironton would win this game but in close fashion. It will be a hard, HOT,fought game!

Maybe someone should just call up ol' coach woody and tell him that he should be afraid of Lutz! I think he knows what he is getting into!

I'm guessing he allready knows who coach Lutz is..... ;-)

BULDOG
All Conference

Post by BULDOG »

Since Coach Woodward as been in the Burg program for several years now, I doubt that Coach Lutz and Ironton will bring anything suprising. Been that way for years.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

i've heard other people say that about pickle juice. is that true. i never really experienced many cramps , when i played. but sure have had troubles with them as an adult. especially in the calves. and at night. i wake up screaming CRAMP/HELP.

Strong side
Riding the Bench

Post by Strong side »

man i can't believe its that time again already !!!!!!!!

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

pickle juice uhhgg sounds like that is worse than the cramp :!:

Strong side
Riding the Bench

Post by Strong side »

91 thats what it does takes your mind off the cramp to try and keep from yakin all over

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

OHbuckeye1 wrote:
Neutron Man wrote:

I'm guessing he allready knows who coach Lutz is..... ;-)

Yeah thats what I'm saying

Tiger-Brother
Riding the Bench

Post by Tiger-Brother »

Yes, pickle juice works. Has alot of sodium in it, but only in moderate amounts.

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

a cramp to the mouth and throat is self inflicted. CAN I GET SOME G2. :mrgreen:

SPEAKIN OF CRAMPS the hammy is the worst ;-) now i would take some pickle juice for that :lol:

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

i have heard that before. but thought it was a joke. if i ever drink pickle juice. it will be bread and butter pickles . i love the kind sam's has. members mark. i think.

friday_nite_fan
Varsity

Post by friday_nite_fan »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:i have heard that before. but thought it was a joke. if i ever drink pickle juice. it will be bread and butter pickles . i love the kind sam's has. members mark. i think.

It's been proven in studies. It seriously hydrates muscles faster than anything, but like Tiger-Brother said, only use it in moderate amounts because if you chug it, you will lose your lunch and dinner right there on the field. I hope this info helps some of the players out this summer and fall.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Pedielite for cramps tends to work.

backdoor54
Riding the Bench

Post by backdoor54 »

I think that this game is usually won by the better conditioned, and mentally tougher teams. Sure some years one of these teams just has more talent, but usuallyt he talent level is even and it is always a gut it out battle until the end... which is why I cant wait to see this game. JMO but I think the burgs offense will look a lot different with all those skill position guys on offense gone. They will have to be better up front than last year if they want to play a more power game. They were weak up front last year, but the skill position players covered that up. Defensively they should have a very good defense with the only question being the secondary losing 3 starters without much playing experience filling in. I dont think this will be a big factor against Ironton though. Coach Woodward will have his team ready to play and try and protect the hill and last years statement win.. hopefully the burg is here to stay on the winning side of this great rivalry in southern ohio football

falconflyer
Freshman Team

Post by falconflyer »

This is a great series and props to WB for having this as their opener. Experienced Ironton team, Lutz back in year 2, inexperienced WB team seems to favor Ironton but something tells me this will be a WB game.

Return to “Football”