Re: IRONTON/WHEELERSBURG. WEEK 1.

Post by tigermama »

Tigers all the way. :aaaaa32

TheMalteseFalcon
All Conference

Post by TheMalteseFalcon »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:which ironton leads 13-4 , but who's counting. :122245

I don't think I'd be all that proud of letting a little D-5 team beat me 4 times.
Our team has a pretty good won/lost record against teams in a lower division, too. :)

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

who you kiddin big boy. these 2 are so close in numbers, they could be cousins. and both are top notch power football programs that smash it right down your neck. this one won't be any different. what a tough opener for both.

dukiees1
JV Team

Post by dukiees1 »

I think this will be a good hard fought game but in the end the T-I-G-E-R-S will come out on top with the big "W" :122245

tigerdad
JV Team

Post by tigerdad »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:who you kiddin big boy. these 2 are so close in numbers, they could be cousins. and both are top notch power football programs that smash it right down your neck. this one won't be any different. what a tough opener for both.

I agree, with exception to last year, This game is not decided till late in the 4th quarter every year, Like I said in an earlier post, truly exciting to watch, lots of talent on both side's, GO TIGER'S

Mouth's Better Half
Varsity

Post by Mouth's Better Half »

Ironton by a touchdown and an extra point. I just hope it isn't 90 + degrees outside. I have always loved watching IHS and Wheelersburg compete but, I have to go with my Tigers this year.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Derf_W wrote:Ironton 35
W'burg 7 :razz: :razz:

you have to be kidden me. come on. 35-7 i don't see this game bein anymore than 14 points tops. but i guess we will have to wait for a few more weeks and see

eddie
JV Team

Post by eddie »

IHS -7
WHS-10
Has anybody seen Aaron White kick? WOW! Seen him kicking at practice the other day and I dont think he missed one field goal from about 35yd. and in. This could be the deciding factor. I think he is a soccer player, also.

The Riepo Man
All Conference

Post by The Riepo Man »

eddie wrote:IHS -7
WHS-10
Has anybody seen Aaron White kick? WOW! Seen him kicking at practice the other day and I dont think he missed one field goal from about 35yd. and in. This could be the deciding factor. I think he is a soccer player, also.

Yeah he plays soccer. I hope he gets on here to chat with us but he will hide his identification and hype himself some :122245

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

We had a kicker in college who played soccer and never missed in practice, but come game time he was about a 67% kicker. This game will be won in the trenches not on the leg of a socer player.

Mouth's Better Half
Varsity

Post by Mouth's Better Half »

"This game will be won in the trenches not on the leg of a soccer player" --- what he said.

osufan76
Waterboy

Post by osufan76 »

This REALLY needs to be a Saturday game....at high noon.

callmespidy
Waterboy

Post by callmespidy »

Ill take Ironton 42-7.

da_other_c_miller21
Waterboy

Post by da_other_c_miller21 »

nirvana wrote:no doubt its the burg.

ironton is just terrible

get out of your little world of Nirvana...

on a mission
All Conference

Post by on a mission »

Only reply needed...............................BOB'S BACK AND ON A MISSION BURG10-TIGERS49

Burgballer08
Waterboy

Post by Burgballer08 »

on a mission wrote:Only reply needed...............................BOB'S BACK AND ON A MISSION BURG10-TIGERS49

good joke on a mission the only way the score is going to be like that is if you play are junior high team then even they will give you a run for your money.

on a mission
All Conference

Post by on a mission »

NO JOKE INTENDED,PURE HONESTY.REMEMBER I-TOWN PLAYED ALOT OF SOPHS,JUNS.SHOULD BE ONE OF THE STRONGEST TEAMS THE TIGERS HAVE PUT ON THE FIELD FOR SEVERAL YEARS.LOOK OUT B/C IT WILLL BE STOUT FOR A LONG PERIOD OF TIME. :shock: :shock: :shock: :122246 :122246

on a mission
All Conference

Post by on a mission »

NO JOKE INTENDED,PURE HONESTY.REMEMBER I-TOWN PLAYED ALOT OF SOPHS,JUNS.SHOULD BE ONE OF THE STRONGEST TEAMS THE TIGERS HAVE PUT ON THE FIELD FOR SEVERAL YEARS.LOOK OUT B/C IT WILLL BE STOUT FOR A LONG PERIOD OF TIME. :shock: :shock: :shock: :122246 :122246

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

I never saw last years game but did see burg 3 times. Burg lost alot of skilled players from last year that could really stretch the field and a good throwing QB. Lang, who is a really good athlete, made hay last year by coming in and running the option or vear (sp?) because the defense was tired and not prepared to stop it. I don't think he throws it near as good as spradlin did, nor will he have the weapons to get the ball to. Burg will be more of a running team this year and for this to work will have to establish the fullback, probably White. If they can't, the option won't work and the offense will stall. Then the defense will get tired from being on the field so long against that big line and bruising bus. By the 3rd quarter, Ironton will pull away.

Two factors I see are, the Burg D-line who mostly only played one way last year will have to play offense this year. They will get tired quicker and their not that big. The other factor is Murphy at the nose will clog up the dive plays that make the Burg offense go. Ironton by 2-3 TD's.

Return to “Football”