WK 1 Ironton @ Wheelersburg

TIGERS90
Varsity

Re: IRONTON/WHEELERSBURG. WEEK 1.

Post by TIGERS90 »

From what I have heard, Murphy had lost ten pounds over the summer and was working out hard the final weeks before physical fitness. Does anyone know how he has done in physical fitness so far?

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

TIGERS90 wrote:From what I have heard, Murphy had lost ten pounds over the summer and was working out hard the final weeks before physical fitness. Does anyone know how he has done in physical fitness so far?

Murphy may be a great player and kid for all I know and I wish him the best. Apparently the above posts make this kid to be outstanding. However the guy was just implying that the Burg's center can possibly hang with this guy and possibly have enough to keep Murphy from doing much in the game.

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

Burgballer08 wrote:Talking with some of the players they said that they've ran more this year than what we did last year and and they r in better shape then they have ever been so they will be able to go more than 4 quarters if needed, and we've always been in better shape then ironton, and lets just hope murphy can play this year, hopefully theres not a repeat of last year

Thats a laugh better shape than Ironton. There is rarely a team out there that is in better shape than Ironton. I remember when Ironton played Bellaire at Zanesville. They were rotating 3 and 4 guys on the line every 3 plays because they were getting wore out by our line. Murphy from what I heard is in better shape than ever and ready to bring the pain. I highly doubt your center will be able to hang with him. Maybe the first quarter or two, but by halftime all that pounding he will take from Murphy will wear him down and Murphy will eat your QB alive.

BULDOG
All Conference

Post by BULDOG »

I guess since Burg cannot compete this season with Murphy/Ironton and our QB will be eaten alive, they would be better off just handing Ironton the game and move on to week #2. :lol: :lol:

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

BULDOG wrote:I guess since Burg cannot compete this season with Murphy/Ironton and our QB will be eaten alive, they would be better off just handing Ironton the game and move on to week #2. :lol: :lol:

Very true.

The Riepo Man
All Conference

Post by The Riepo Man »

tigercannon71 wrote:
Burgballer08 wrote:Talking with some of the players they said that they've ran more this year than what we did last year and and they r in better shape then they have ever been so they will be able to go more than 4 quarters if needed, and we've always been in better shape then ironton, and lets just hope murphy can play this year, hopefully theres not a repeat of last year

Thats a laugh better shape than Ironton. There is rarely a team out there that is in better shape than Ironton. I remember when Ironton played Bellaire at Zanesville. They were rotating 3 and 4 guys on the line every 3 plays because they were getting wore out by our line. Murphy from what I heard is in better shape than ever and ready to bring the pain. I highly doubt your center will be able to hang with him. Maybe the first quarter or two, but by halftime all that pounding he will take from Murphy will wear him down and Murphy will eat your QB alive.

I have not been to a single Ironton/Wheelersburg game inwhich the tigers were not rolling over with cramps

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

Have you only been to 1 game then?

Mouth's Better Half
Varsity

Post by Mouth's Better Half »

Tony Murphy just has a gift of pure strength, aside from the lifting they do at IHS. Not to mention his body type and size. I assume without ever seeing Frownie that there aren't two of Tony. But I do know that centers can use an athlete's size and weight against him. I wouldn't want to be Frownie that night. I'm being serious when I say I can't wait to see this.

The Riepo Man
All Conference

Post by The Riepo Man »

tigercannon71 wrote:Have you only been to 1 game then?

Well lets see i believe i have been to 18 games

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Mouth's Better Half wrote:Tony Murphy just has a gift of pure strength, aside from the lifting they do at IHS. Not to mention his body type and size. I assume without ever seeing Frownie that there aren't two of Tony. But I do know that centers can use an athlete's size and weight against him. I wouldn't want to be Frownie that night. I'm being serious when I say I can't wait to see this.

Tony looks to be in much better shape this year.

Pure strength is right, Murphy finished 2nd in the state in the power lifting unlimited class benching over 400 lbs.

Looking at last years program it has Murphy listed at 5'10 275 lb and Frownie 5'10 253 lb. Does anyone know how big each is this year?

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

tigercannon71 wrote:

Eat him alive? Are you 12 years old. I believe Burg's QB is moblie enough to go around Murphy. I will concede Murphy will clog the middle and make it difficult to run in his area if you will concede that using the statement " eat your QB alive " is juvenille and ridiculous. :(

Strong side
Riding the Bench

Post by Strong side »

All i can say is LETS GET IT ON!!!!!!!!!!

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

The Riepo Man wrote:
tigercannon71 wrote:Have you only been to 1 game then?

Well lets see i believe i have been to 18 games

Really huh? Well with that information I can without a shadow of a doubt say LIAR LIAR! You see after looking at Irontonfootball.com I saw that they have only played 17 games with Ironton holding a 13-4 advantage. Plus you know how I know you are wrong. I played in the 94 game which we won at your place and we didnt have one cramp that night.

ItownHosscat
S

Post by ItownHosscat »

Psst....you forgot "pants on fire"
:lol: :lol: :lol:
I will say Ironton vs Wheelersburg aint about cramps.People implying that Ironton faked cramps to beat them is pretty lame.I will be the first one to say Wheeelersburg whipped us last year,no excuses.
Irontons future is bright and the future is now.

whippersnapper
Waterboy

Post by whippersnapper »

hey kittykat.......or whatever.......it ain't gonna happen man. i would love to see the tigers win this one, better yet all of them. but, it ain't gonna happen. things will get better, but not this soon. they just don't have it. they may win a few with the schedule but they are probably gonna have to take a few on the chin.

ItownHosscat
S

Post by ItownHosscat »

Hey wipperwill,welcome to S.E.O.Preps.
Ironton will be just fine.

football1
Waterboy

Post by football1 »

Burgman08: I can tell you first hand that Ironton did not fake cramps in 06.
Whippersnapper: If the tigers stay healthy they will be fine this year but next year with players that have only had Coach Lutz and didn't play for the other crew will be the old Ironton that everybody is used to seeing.

whippersnapper
Waterboy

Post by whippersnapper »

ItownHosscat wrote:Hey wipperwill,welcome to S.E.O.Preps.
Ironton will be just fine.

ITHC: Thanks for the welcome, but, I hope everyone else is terrible on that schedule, that's the way it is, it's that simple

whippersnapper
Waterboy

Post by whippersnapper »

football1 wrote:Burgman08: I can tell you first hand that Ironton did not fake cramps in 06.
Whippersnapper: If the tigers stay healthy they will be fine this year but next year with players that have only had Coach Lutz and didn't play for the other crew will be the old Ironton that everybody is used to seeing.

Old Ironton, what old Ironton you talking about, they aren't won't even be in the same league as the old Ironton

football1
Waterboy

Post by football1 »

Hard nosed run it down your throat old Ironton

Return to “Football”