WK 1 Belpre @ Warren

jcbigblue
Freshman Team

Re: WK 1 Belpre @ Warren

Post by jcbigblue »

I'll take Warren by 14 on the strength of Wolfe and Dunfee.

Eagles20
Freshman Team

Post by Eagles20 »

swamisez wrote:Now that I have seen both teams (albeit briefly) I have my prediction

Warren 14
Belpre 7

Not alot of offense for either team, because I dont think either team has a great deal of weapons or experience in moving the ball. Both teams are green at the skill positions. I think if this game were in week 10 it would be a much better game.

Belpre green at the skill positions? Are you serious. Yates a three year starter at WR. Tate in '06 was All District and All Parkersburg News at WR, 27 catches 596 yds, including a 5 yd slant he turned into a 75 yd jaunt he nearly took to the house against Warren. Come watch the guys you'll see some skill position players that have talent and make plays.

Belpre 28
Warren 7

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

A little recent history on the past game scores...

2007 Warren 14-13
2006 Warren 27-6
2005 Belpre 20-7
2004 Belpre 21-18
2003 Belpre 28-21
2002 Belpre 28-13

Average score for the winners since 2002...23 points.

Average score for the losers since 2002...13 points.

This should be a close game.

LETS GO EAGLES!!!

swamisez
JV Team

Post by swamisez »

Eagles20 wrote:
swamisez wrote:Now that I have seen both teams (albeit briefly) I have my prediction

Warren 14
Belpre 7

Not alot of offense for either team, because I dont think either team has a great deal of weapons or experience in moving the ball. Both teams are green at the skill positions. I think if this game were in week 10 it would be a much better game.

Belpre green at the skill positions? Are you serious. Yates a three year starter at WR. Tate in '06 was All District and All Parkersburg News at WR, 27 catches 596 yds, including a 5 yd slant he turned into a 75 yd jaunt he nearly took to the house against Warren. Come watch the guys you'll see some skill position players that have talent and make plays.

Belpre 28
Warren 7

Those kids on the outside were Seniors? Wow, they sure fooled me.

BigBlueinsider
Riding the Bench

Re: Warren vs. Belpre 2008

Post by BigBlueinsider »

LoveSponge425 wrote:Belpre will win cause of better Coaching. Warren's play book doesn't seem to be to thick. Plus Warren doesn't have the players in the right positions like Hoon. Hoon isn't a Def. End. He needs to be on the inside. Same on offense.

Good Luck Warriors!

Lovesponge, is that how you base a coaches' ability/expertise on how thick a playbook is? There are some coaches who have used with great success, the KISS method, "Keep It Simple Stupid". They make sure the basic plays are mastered before they add any more plays. If you have a large number of plays and aren't good at any of them then you aren't going to be successful at all. Just my opinion.

WarriorBoy
Riding the Bench

Post by WarriorBoy »

Warren should come out on top of this game. Again it will be hot and humid so hydration of lack of will take a toll. Both teams should start hgydrating TODAY. Or it will be leg cramp city friday night. It could come down to numbers. I was told that Belpre only has 6 freshmen out. That is scarry for a playoff team from last season the the numbers are not up. Warren can win this game on fresh legs and being able sub freely Fourth quarter could see a weary group of Eagles if they cannot spell starters. Warriors by 14.....

Eagles20
Freshman Team

Post by Eagles20 »

Those kids on the outside were Seniors? Wow, they sure fooled me.

Didn't say they were all seniors. Yates SR, Loyland SR, Logue SR, Tate JR, Waderker SO, Miller SO

If Warren plays very much man coverage on the recievers it could spell trouble for the Warriors. You may not agree but I guess we will find out Friday night.

tribetime
Freshman Team

Post by tribetime »

There's always a lot riding on the first game of the season for these two teams and it'll be no different Friday night. The Eagles seniors will defiently be hungry for a win as most of them witnessed Belpre's last win over Warren on the sidelines as freshman. I do remember how Warren fell behind early last year and needed a minor miracle to pull out the win. Hopefully Pifer never does that show up 5 minutes before kickoff baloney again.
I don't see Warrens seniors losing this game, but it won't be a blowout either. As for the guy who said Hoon should be on the inside...I'm not to sure about that. He's got some pretty good hands and it's going to take a few guys to bring him down. The same with Wolfe.

Final Prediction...
SEOAL 20
tvc 13

C4PITTS
Waterboy

Post by C4PITTS »

Great game last year and expect the same this year.

Defensively the Warriors look to be strong between the tackles so look for the eagles to run off tackle and sweeps with a counter or two just to keep the Warriors honest. Secondary is improved and will get better as the season progresses, corners up and challenging the receivers instead of last years soft coverage. Hope Weekley is healthy because he KILLED belpre last year shooting gaps from his nose tackle spot. Need to pressure the Q.B. more than we have.

Offensively look for more of the same, alot of weapons but until they stretch the field more, tend to be underutilized. Should be some good mis-matches with Cox and Venham at wideouts. If the line can play as advertised then you may see them spread it out a little, but depth has been and will be a concern for the Warriors. The best weapon on offense may be the punter Venham, wow can he kick, so the Warrior's should win the field position battle.

Looks to be HOT again this year and the Warriors were a little deeper and in better shape, I mean better hydrated, the last couple years. ( good job Trainer Amy )

Look for turnovers to decide this one as it did last year and many times in the past.

Warriors take their 3rd straight , 17 - 14 on a Tyler Cox field goal !!!
Last edited by C4PITTS on Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Good Luck to Warren and the SEOAL!

Eagles20
Freshman Team

Post by Eagles20 »

Should be some good mis-matches with Cox and Venham at wideouts.

Belpre's secondary will matchup well with the tall and speedy Cox and Venham. Yates, Tate, and Loyland call all run and all are tall as well. When Belpre has the ball Warren will have the same matchup problems. How do you deal with both speed and height. I have the answer...... Which ever TEAMS INTERIOR LINE IMPOSES THEIR WILL thus allowing the recieving corps make plays... that is who will take home the "W"

air4ce1
Freshman Team

Post by air4ce1 »

Eagles20 wrote:
Should be some good mis-matches with Cox and Venham at wideouts.

Belpre's secondary will matchup well with the tall and speedy Cox and Venham. Yates, Tate, and Loyland call all run and all are tall as well. When Belpre has the ball Warren will have the same matchup problems. How do you deal with both speed and height. I have the answer...... Which ever TEAMS INTERIOR LINE IMPOSES THEIR WILL thus allowing the recieving corps make plays... that is who will take home the "W"

I dont agree on a lot of things you have to say but i will agree with you on that 100%. It all starts up front. Who ever can get the most pressure in the backfield will dictate the whole game

justlookin
Freshman Team

Post by justlookin »

BIG statement game for Belpre. The coaching staff at Belpre all played in the rivalry game over the years. It's not a question of if Belpre scores but how much? I think Shriver may put an exclamation point on the game by running it up. Belpre 48 the school in Vincent 12. Packard and Tate along with Watkins... HUGE games. :122246

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

Actually, it isn't the lack of hydration or water that is the main cause of cramps, it is the lack of potassium. Two great ways to prevent this prior to the game is eating a couple of bananas every day or taking a couple of tablespoons of apple cider vinegar every day. Vinegar is a great source of potassium. Another good way to cut down on cramps is to cut the soda pop from the diet.

I might add, even though Belpre's numbers are not where everyone hoped they would be, they are up from last year, 29 vs 23.

warrnwarriorfan
Varsity

Post by warrnwarriorfan »

The skill positions for both teams match-up well. I think the game will be decided by three factors:

1.) The line play on both sides of the ball
2.) QB Performance
3.) Turnovers

All of these factors are closely related.

The team that controls the line of scrimmage, creates running lanes, protects their QB, and pressures the other team's QB will win. No ifs, ands, or buts. All of the QBs are inexperienced, so when they are under pressure they will make mistakes. Moreover, all of the QBs know that there is someone standing on the sidelines ready to come in and take their place if they are not playing well. Depending on how the coaches handle the situation, that can add a ton of additional pressure. QBs under pressure make turnovers.

I have to give Warren the edge only because I think they are stronger. Belpre has not been in the weight room like Warren has. I have seen their kids, and they have some size, but they have not been putting in the hours that the Warren kids have lifting.

The above will hold true unless something "breaks loose."

I think the game will be close. Warren by 7 because they are stronger.

Eagles20
Freshman Team

Post by Eagles20 »

warrnwarriorfan wrote:The skill positions for both teams match-up well. I think the game will be decided by three factors:

1.) The line play on both sides of the ball
2.) QB Performance
3.) Turnovers

All of these factors are closely related.

The team that controls the line of scrimmage, creates running lanes, protects their QB, and pressures the other team's QB will win. No ifs, ands, or buts. All of the QBs are inexperienced, so when they are under pressure they will make mistakes. Moreover, all of the QBs know that there is someone standing on the sidelines ready to come in and take their place if they are not playing well. Depending on how the coaches handle the situation, that can add a ton of additional pressure. QBs under pressure make turnovers.

I have to give Warren the edge only because I think they are stronger. Belpre has not been in the weight room like Warren has. I have seen their kids, and they have some size, but they have not been putting in the hours that the Warren kids have lifting.

The above will hold true unless something "breaks loose."

I think the game will be close. Warren by 7 because they are stronger.

Well said warrenwarriorfan...... both teams have exciting talented athletes so its gonna be a great game. A lot of the kids were playing side by side 8 seasons ago. Many of these same kids are playing key roles in Friday's. Giving this game I think a special touch.

swamisez
JV Team

Post by swamisez »

is everyone happy with their school's preview in the Times today?

Cap'n Scoop
All State

Post by Cap'n Scoop »

The Preview was a little more in-depth this year. Not nearly as generic as in the past.

BTW: Goodluck Warriors

swamisez
JV Team

Post by swamisez »

that is great to hear,
it is clear the writers this year put a great deal of time into their stories.

tribetime
Freshman Team

Post by tribetime »

LETS GO BLUE!

730 days since Belpre last beat Warren. Keep the steak alive.

A lot of pride on the line tonight and another 365 days of bragging rights. Play hard and make all those hours in the weightroom and at practice count in the form of a big W.

Return to “Football”