Clinton-Massie 14 Chillicothe 13

ravensfan9
Riding the Bench

Re: Clinton-Massie 14 Chillicothe 13

Post by ravensfan9 »

CavalierAlum05 wrote:One of the best coaches in history :lol: :lol: :lol: . 1 playoff win at CHS someone get this guy a plaque!!!!
I think you might have forgotten....his teams have played for 5 State Championships, and have won 2 State Titles. Just out of curiosity do you know how many league championships Chillicothe has? Maybe 7 in the history of the school. It's not like he stepped into a traditional powerhouse, but he has continued to win.

I will say this...they are headed in the right direction. Maybe you should change your screen name and start going to games at Unioto. They run a bunch of plays I hear.

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

Continue to win? He's barely over .500 at chilli.
We are not a powerhouse, never have been. But if he's such a good coach don't you think he would make some deep playoff runs? Don't for one minute tell me the talent isn't here.

ravensfan9
Riding the Bench

Post by ravensfan9 »

CavalierAlum05 wrote:Continue to win? He's barely over .500 at chilli.
We are not a powerhouse, never have been. But if he's such a good coach don't you think he would make some deep playoff runs? Don't for one minute tell me the talent isn't here.
How many deep playoff runs did they have before he got there? Dude, you are 6-2 and just played your arch rival to a 1 inch game and you are still cutting on your coach???? WOW! I think if the community, school, and players rally around the coaches....it's just a matter of time until you get that deep playoff run.

Just encourage people man...be proud of the success you are having and support your coaches.

knightruner
JV Team

Post by knightruner »

I couldn'\t belive Massie tried to punt the ball down around the end zone and getting it block and giving the Cavs a chance to win. They should have taken a safety and a free kick. That same type of play cost Ironton a State Championship against Sandusky-Perkins.

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

ravensfan9 wrote:
CavalierAlum05 wrote:Continue to win? He's barely over .500 at chilli.
How many deep playoff runs did they have before he got there? Dude, you are 6-2 and just played your arch rival to a 1 inch game and you are still cutting on your coach???? WOW! I think if the community, school, and players rally around the coaches....it's just a matter of time until you get that deep playoff run.

Just encourage people man...be proud of the success you are having and support your coaches.

I root for them as much as anyone. But this is the same song and dance we have all seen for 9 years. That's all I'm saying.

philbilly
Freshman Team

Post by philbilly »

Ron Hinton is one of the best football coaches in Ohio high school football history. Running down a future Ohio has Hall of Fame coach only helps me to see what the real problem at Chilli has been for years.

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

Been around for a while. Heard my fair share of "we got super athletes better than anyone around" followed by "coaches just don't put them in right spot". Literally heard that forever. Rarely if ever is that even true, coaches like to win, it may take a staff a couple scrimmages/games to figure out best lineup or right chemistry of players, but they usually do it pretty quickly.

If you watched OSU last night. About 4-5 sets is what they ran, with each of the sets having different "window dressing". So there is Urban (a pretty good offensive mastermind himself along with his OC) running basically the "same thing" "over and over".

Simple execution offensively and on special teams, physical defenses, and attention to detail all around wins a lot of games especially in High School. Great coaches get their teams to do those few things very well.

Chilly is on right path, enjoy the ride.

sibibis45
JV Team

Post by sibibis45 »

Once Coach Hinton go out the people that were holding the program back starting in 2013 the recored is 8-3 playoff, 6-4, 7-5 playoff, and now 6-2; the two losses were to #3 ranked Johnstown and #6 ranked Clinton-Massie, they also scrimmaged #1 ranked Wheelersburg.

And have you looked at what we are getting out of our offensive line. A 185 pound TE playing left tackle, a Soph. running back playing left guard. and to think we are even scoring with that shoes what is being done.

Quit being so negative, we are winning, we are doing it with good kids on and off the field.

Its ok to be upset with your playing days and wish that you were playing for his teams.

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

sibibis45 wrote:Once Coach Hinton go out the people that were holding the program back starting in 2013 the recored is 8-3 playoff, 6-4, 7-5 playoff, and now 6-2; the two losses were to #3 ranked Johnstown and #6 ranked Clinton-Massie, they also scrimmaged #1 ranked Wheelersburg.

And have you looked at what we are getting out of our offensive line. A 185 pound TE playing left tackle, a Soph. running back playing left guard. and to think we are even scoring with that shoes what is being done.

Quit being so negative, we are winning, we are doing it with good kids on and off the field.

Its ok to be upset with your playing days and wish that you were playing for his teams.

lol I didn't football, bra.
You ever think that maybe, just maybe. the reason behind these good records here and there are good athletes? Maughmer is a stud, flat out. Pretty easy to win games with him at QB.

and for the record....when i was school we were not as lucky to play Greenfield, Hillsboro, East Clinton in league play. We went up against schools twice our size. We would have went 8-2, 7-3 with this schedule too. EASILY!

sibibis45
JV Team

Post by sibibis45 »

So now when Chillicothe wins its because of the talent. lol ok. Just admit you don't like his coaching style, enjoy the wins the teams keep putting up and take a deep breath and just enjoy. Nothing you say or do will change a thing so there is really no reason to be all womanly about this.

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

sibibis45 wrote:So now when Chillicothe wins its because of the talent. lol ok. Just admit you don't like his coaching style, enjoy the wins the teams keep putting up and take a deep breath and just enjoy. Nothing you say or do will change a thing so there is really no reason to be all womanly about this.
i haven't been shy about not liking his coaching, no admitting to do.

Return to “Football”