Realistic Expectations of your Team?

2old
All Conference

Re: Realistic Expectations of your Team?

Post by 2old »

let's clean up this mess you Tiger posters have made.

Oh1 say what you want. But ironton has quit the league not once but twice. i pretty much believe the term quitter fits pretty well. You should have been like Logan and just stayed around and hoped the competition gets better. That is why i hate for you guys to play Canada. No way to improve there. And that must be one heck of a backwards crystal ball you have. Too bad it does not project so well into the future.

Woby another favorite whine of the ONCE powerful Tigers. I have read countless times "We will play anyone anytime, anywhere" and now you whine about playing a D-2. Where is that Tiger pride. i would say someplace around 1970-80. Read my post again. i never took your history away. It is the sorry conditon of your results today i speak of. Let me make it clear. 11-11 in your last 22 games. pretty much sums it up.

tiger dad. We agree Logan is no threat. Ironton does not have a chance for victory. Such a comment about the team that has won the league ironton has not won this century really shows what the problem is for you"Chieftain Envy". But do not worry by seasons end the entire league will have it

ghostwriter
Varsity

Post by ghostwriter »

2old wrote:Ghost,

Thanks for proving my point. Ironton beats a team from Canada that wins the rest of its games and a Canadian Championship and ironton finishes somewhere in the middle of the pack in the SEOAL. i think that speaks volumes about the quality of that opponent. Canada is spelled HOCKEY. I still suggest ironton would face a stiffer test by scheduling the LOGAN JV.

As for all those ironton victories over Logan you guys cling to those are ancient history. i respect history and i have always defended the proud history of the Tigers. However that was then and this is now. Ironton started down hill on that bad decision in the championship game. Ironton football has never recovered from the call. ironton has won no league titles in this century. Ironton has not defeated Logan this century.

If you want to have a good football season dig out your old press clippings and VCR tapes and watch the Tigers of 20 and 30 years ago. Heck even 2old was young then.

2old, Now that's funny....I don't care who you are....You have to be Smarter than this post.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ironton is starting it's third season in a League this Century....So, don't start the Century thing....It's not over yet....

Instead of 2old your 2funny.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

I think it is really great of fans to have a great expectation of their team every year no matter what sport in any season. I am FULLY aware of the power and history that Ironton has put up in the past and will in the future. I think that they will be VERY good this season, but the way the tiger fans are talking is that noone should show up this season cause they'll lose.

Like I said good for you for believing in your team but this is a "realistic" thread! You realistically are gonna win 8 games. But when you turn your back on a team(Logan) They can sneak up and tame the tiger. Don't be to confident of your team.

2old
All Conference

Post by 2old »

Ok back to reality.

Tobias How many D-1 state champions of OHIO have ironton even been on the field with??? At the level logan plays on the the playoffs you are talking real football. Not the minor leagues.

ghost,

It is the Ironton posters who "told us" how no one would win this league now that Ironton has come back. It seems that Ironton has not fared so well. Logan has put a stop to your plan. Ironton can not even come in second. lol

Neutron Ironton has always been urealistic. Nothing new this year.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Tobias wrote:
2old wrote:let's clean up this mess you Tiger posters have made.

Oh1 say what you want. But ironton has quit the league not once but twice. i pretty much believe the term quitter fits pretty well. You should have been like Logan and just stayed around and hoped the competition gets better. That is why i hate for you guys to play Canada. No way to improve there. And that must be one heck of a backwards crystal ball you have. Too bad it does not project so well into the future.

Woby another favorite whine of the ONCE powerful Tigers. I have read countless times "We will play anyone anytime, anywhere" and now you whine about playing a D-2. Where is that Tiger pride. i would say someplace around 1970-80. Read my post again. i never took your history away. It is the sorry conditon of your results today i speak of. Let me make it clear. 11-11 in your last 22 games. pretty much sums it up.

tiger dad. We agree Logan is no threat. Ironton does not have a chance for victory. Such a comment about the team that has won the league ironton has not won this century really shows what the problem is for you"Chieftain Envy". But do not worry by seasons end the entire league will have it

How many playoff games has Logan won?

:roll:

Actually I am a W-Burg grad and fan. I could care less if I-town goes o-10 or 10-0. But I will not deny I-Town's rich football program. Also one of those seasons were under a different coach.

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

Piketon, return 15 starters off of last years 7-3. However, they dropped Minford and Green and picked up Waverly and Nelsonville.
1. Waverly / pick em game IMO.
2. Nelsonville / pick em game
3. Northwest / W
4. Unioto / W
5. Zane Trace / W
6. Paint Valley / Piketon should be favored
7. Southeastern / W
8. Adena / big gorilla on the Streaks back can win
9. Westfall / Piketon would have to play very well but not completely out of reach
10. Huntington / W

I see 5 games on paper that Piketon could win and 2 where they will have to play well to win. 2 games that could go either way and 1 game that will be hard to win. IN all I say anywhere from 7-3 to 9-1.

2old
All Conference

Post by 2old »

Woby,
First i have never denied ironton's history. i just choose not to live in it like the Tiger fans chhose to do. mOf course history is all they have going for them so i guess it works for them. They are 11-11 in their last 22 games. Nothing to bragg about.

Also they had a better record under that other coach. The one so reveered did NOT make the playoffs last year at all.

Tobias??? was that the best come back you had?

2old
All Conference

Post by 2old »

Tobias,

it is easy to get rid of me. The problem is Ironton still will not defeat logan this year in football. Ironton will be forced to go yet another year with no championship. Not easy to get rid of those pesky Chiefs. i expect if Ironton continues to fail to win games in the league, they will quit the league yet again.

Old Tom Morris
Freshman Team

Post by Old Tom Morris »

My most realistic expectation is that Logan will once again qualify for the playoffs and they will extend their perfect record of ONE AND DONE!

2old
All Conference

Post by 2old »

So Tom the team you support is who?

I think Tom suffers from Chieftain Envy. I know he had it bad last year.

ghostwriter
Varsity

Post by ghostwriter »

2old wrote:So Tom the team you support is who?

I think Tom suffers from Chieftain Envy. I know he had it bad last year.

2old, you can find Old Tom Morris on the Golf Forum anytime of day or at the Ironton Country Club....

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

2old wrote:Ok back to reality.

Tobias How many D-1 state champions of OHIO have ironton even been on the field with??? At the level logan plays on the the playoffs you are talking real football. Not the minor leagues.

ghost,

It is the Ironton posters who "told us" how no one would win this league now that Ironton has come back. It seems that Ironton has not fared so well. Logan has put a stop to your plan. Ironton can not even come in second. lol

Neutron Ironton has always been urealistic. Nothing new this year.

OK back to reality.......

2old,

How did Logan fare against those D1 schools being that you all were D1????
Logan moved down to D2 last season and still didn't fare well in the playoffs, I guess since you wasn't D1 the playoffs really didn't matter anyhow huh???? As far as Ironton goes I can see them back to their winning ways and making the playoffs with a 9-1 or 10-0 record. I don't believe for one minute that any Ironton posters said nobody would win the league again with Ironton back in it. I do know we will contend for the league title year in and year out for the next few years for sure.

THAT'S REALITY..............

2old
All Conference

Post by 2old »

Ironton can do no better than 9-0 against USA teams.
Plus they can not beat Logan. So 8-1 is there best chance. And hear me now!!! They will not go 8-1 in the US.

Plus ironton has never played the D-1 Champion of Ohio. Now that is real football. You guys are minor league.

Logan does not contend for the league title. Logan wins league titles.

In this century ironton plays for second, third, fourth.

Logan WILL win the title. Go ahead and contend.
Last edited by 2old on Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Old Tom Morris
Freshman Team

Post by Old Tom Morris »

2old

Thank you for your concern about my welfare and sufferings. Currently the only thing that I suffer from is a bad case of the Hooks so unless you or the Logan program have a cure for the hooks ....... I do not believe that you have anything that I envy.
Last edited by Old Tom Morris on Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ghostwriter
Varsity

Post by ghostwriter »

2old wrote:Ironton can do no better than 9-0 against USA teams.
Plus they can not beat Logan. So 8-1 is there best chance. And hear me now!!! They will not go 8-1 in the US.

Plus ironto has never played the D-1 Champion of Ohio. Now that is real football. You guys are minor league.

2funny....You are 2funny.... By the Way Dream on....:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

2old
All Conference

Post by 2old »

i see the Hooker is afraid to claim a team. Nothing new about that. Must be horrible not to have a team you are proud of. Glad you are proud of that hook.

2old
All Conference

Post by 2old »

Ghost,

Your Chieftain envy is showing.

ghostwriter
Varsity

Post by ghostwriter »

2old wrote:Ghost,

Your Chieftain envy is showing.

My envy will start the day you beat a D-I or D-II team for a playoff win....Which doesn't look to bright with your schedule this year.... :122246

2old
All Conference

Post by 2old »

Seriously don't you think you should beat Logan at least once this century before you say some of that stuff? Logan beats ironton and you guys can not take it. it is so obvious. And along the way win one league title?

d-5
SEOPS HOF

Post by d-5 »

i could care less about Ironton,Logan or 2old Please stay on the topic or take it some where else

Return to “Football”