What SE Ohio county has the best football teams???

BuckeyeCAV
Varsity

Re: What SE Ohio county has the best football teams???

Post by BuckeyeCAV »

Thanks

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Updated Southeast District Pickaway County schools playoff appearances.

Westfall - 2008, 2007 (regional champs), 2006 (regional semifinalist), 2005 (regional semifinalist), 2004, 2003, 1996.
Circleville - 2007 (regional semifinalist), 2006, 2004, 2002.
Logan Elm - 2008 (regional runner-up), 2004, 2001, 2000.

From 2005 to 2008, Pickaway County schools have won eight playoff games.

grizzlynatural
Varsity

Post by grizzlynatural »

Army wrote:buckeyeCAV,

Great post concerning Ross County Football stats :!:

WHO ARE YOU TRYING TO FOOL!??!!?!? lol

I find it kind of ironic that it just so happens that ol'BuckeyCav comes up with the same exact league scenarios for every natural disaster than can possibly occur as you but yet...Your not BuckeyeCav. Give it up, we know your the same person.

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

Texastomcats wrote:ATHENS COUNTY ALL THE WAY

ATHENS
ALEXANDER
TRIMBLE
NELSONVILLE
FEDERAL HOCKING

ALL HAVE GOOD SOLID ATHLETIC PROGRAMS

:roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

BuckeyeCAV
Varsity

Post by BuckeyeCAV »

I don't know about that one, Nelsonville-York, Trimble and Federal Hocking has had some really decent teams in the TVC-Ohio and TVC-Hocking as of late.
Last edited by BuckeyeCAV on Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

DRIFTER
Freshman Team

Post by DRIFTER »

This is a no brainer. Perry County hands down. Sheridan, and New Lexingtons JV' teams would beat any of the Athens County teams, sorry but that is the truth. If a Sheridan or New Lexington played their Varsity against any of the teams in the leagues mentioned, they would beat then by at least 40 points, I mean come on guys. Crooksville another Perry County team that plays in the MVL would beat anyone in Athens county most years. Perry only has a few but still the easy choice.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

What county is Paint Valley in?

BuckeyeCAV
Varsity

Post by BuckeyeCAV »

Ross County

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Scioto is hard to argue with ... Portsmouth West, Portsmouth, Wheelersburg, Minford, Lucasville-Valley

Perry - Not to shabby either with Sheridan, New Lex and Crooksville.

Athens deserves a little credit ... Trimble made it to week 12, Nelsonville-York almost beat Liberty Union in its playoff game, Federal Hocking has been playoff bound the past few years ... Athens did a descent job this season ... Alexander wasn't terrible, they did beat Vinton County.

riverball
JV Team

Post by riverball »

I would have to say Lawrence County in the past. Seems to have shifted to Scioto County lately though.

teach1coach2
All State

Post by teach1coach2 »

Definitely has to be Perry County.
New Lex lost in the state semi-final in D4.
Sheridan was ranked #1 in D3 and lost to the eventual state-runner up.
Crooksville went 6-4 and lost to a good D2 and D3 as well as great D4 and D3 teams (New Lex and Sheridan). D5 Crooksville was better than most if not all D5 playoff teams in their region.
Miller D6 - well 3 out of 4 ain't bad. Miller did have back to back playoff appearance and league title in about 1999 and 2000.

PS. Miller used to be referred to as Hemlock Miller, but they took the post office out of Hemlock so now it is usually listed as Corning Miller. They border Trimble, Nelsonville, Logan, New Lex, Crooksville, and Morgan.

DRIFTER
Freshman Team

Post by DRIFTER »

Nicely said teach1coach2. I was not in anyway trying to put down any of those Athens county or any other county schools. But the truth is Sheridan or New Lexington would destroy them, and really their JV Teams would be too strong for them. You take Crooksville who is one of the weaker teams in the MVL but a perry county team, and they still walk through the Athens and other county teams mentioned most years. Ross county as someone mentioned does have maybe more teams you might rank, but none that are going to stay on the field with a Sheridan any year, and New Lex and Crooksville as well. Perry County with Sheridan and New Lexington alone better than the other counties.

grizzlynatural
Varsity

Post by grizzlynatural »

Drifter, other than Nelsonville for most years i do agree that NL or Sheridans JV team would beat those Varsity teams. Trimble would give the JV teams fits some years too. Every year Sheridan and NL would go 1 and 2 in the TVC and in most conferences in SEO for that matter other than the SEOAL where they'd go 1-4 every year. I doubt they'd go any less than that any year. 2 very solid programs.

DRIFTER
Freshman Team

Post by DRIFTER »

Cant agree with you on that Grizz. I cant see NY staying on the field with Sheridans JV'S, sorry just cant see it. As far as Varsity, you would get some kids hurt and wouldn't be close. New Lex and Sheridan just too much. Sheridan would be in the top two in the SEOAL most years. Who do you think could beat them other than maybe Logan, and I think that series would be very close? New Lex in the top three most years. Everyone has down years and Logan, Sheridan and New Lex all do. But 90% of the time if those three were in the SEOAL, It would be Logan and Sheridan and then New Lex followed by the rest. Crooksville is another Perry County team that although does not compete against a Sheridan or New Lex very well, would still put in on NY, or Trimble most years, too physical.

grizzlynatural
Varsity

Post by grizzlynatural »

IMO if those 2 were in the SEOAL it would go Logan NL Sheridan and even Chillicothe in the top 4 fighting for 2-4.

You have to understand that with Lancaster being week #1 Logan in the Logan/Sheridan scrimmage does not show every thing that we have. That being siad, im sure Sheridan doesnt either but their offense isnt as complex as ours. They are a running smash mouth football team. 7/10 years Logan "wins" (can you win?) the scrimmage. The other years, i'd say 1 year Sheridan clearly wins and the other 2 Sheridan can make a good arguement that they are better. Logan would be #1 most years, with Sheridan NL and Chillicothe fighting for 2-4.

With NL running the spread, i believe Chillicothe last year was good enough with enough very good athletes to beat NL who played a close game against Sheridan (I know though, that game set a world record in turnovers) But still, it was close.

Nelsonville has had some good football teams over the year. I promise you Sheridan or NL's JV teams couldnt have beat every team NY has had over the past 10 years. I bet they'd win.....probably two. Another thing, these are starting varsity teams with good records. It really shows when you have a team full of Jr's and Sr's against a team full of fresh-Jr's. You find one big advantage with an older kid whether NY'd have a kid who was just way faster than anyone on the field or a kid that NY would have that was just no question bigger and stronger than anyone on the field and you exploit it and you win with it. I've seen it 1000 times. Hell, i've played in games where our entire team was better than all but one person and the one person single handily beat us.

DRIFTER
Freshman Team

Post by DRIFTER »

Grizz, some good points. But in regards to Sheridan against Logan, man I must have had the sun in my eyes the past years at the scrimmage. I would say all very close and pretty much the teams have split. I got to watch Sheridan a couple times this year and watched them on replay at the relatives up in Somerset. I assure you they do much more than just run. They passed, reverses, reverse passes, pretty much well balanced. I see Sheridan and Logan very equal year in and year out. The big edge would go to the Chiefs on special teams, and kicking. As far as Chilli, you really got me on that one buddy, do not agree at all. Chillicothe could not stay on the field with that New Lex team this year or most years. If Chilli played Sheridan 10 times, they would get beat ten times. I went up and watched New Lex in the playoffs. Very good team and program. Not a Logan or Sheridan but much better than Chilli. Still say if we are talking about second team players in a JV game, there is NO way NY stays on the field with Sheridans JV'S. They are way too fast, their db's and receivers are bigger than most of the line and linebackers for NY. Sorry man I love the program, facility and atmosphere ay NY, but that would be ugly real fast. The bad thing in facing a JV team of a school like a Sheridan, Logan, Licking Valley, Stuebenville, ect. is that their second teamers are usually made up of alot of juniors and could start and star easily at these other schools like NY, or Trimble

grizzlynatural
Varsity

Post by grizzlynatural »

No, Usually Logans JV team is made up with good sophs and hopefull Jr's. I've said before that a JV team could beat a varsity team but thats only likely with a great football program and a really bad one. Like Logans JV team VS. Athens. Thats a no brainer, Logans JV would win. But as for D3 Sheridans JV team beating NY's Varsity team. No. Arnold would not be stopped by a bunch of JV players.

As for Chillicothe not being able to stay on the field with NL. I have to again disagree. Chillicothe has some very steller athletes, they just dont have the quality coaches that Logan has. I very strongly believe the athletes are there to beat NL and they would put up a hell of a fight. NL could not compete with Chillicothe up front this past year. If they beat Chillicothe its on big plays but i still dont see that considering who Chillicothe had on their team. That all being said, thats my opinion and yours is yours.

Now of course as for Logan and Sheridan. You do not open up your season with the superbowl. We do. We hold in more plays from our playbook in that scrimmage than what Sheridan does. Another thing we have to take into consideration is that the kids only have pads on for about a week and a half before this scrimmage is even played. I promise you very much so that my 7/10 holds true if this game is played during the season, and Logan is probably 8/10 if its played at the end of the season. What you see in that scrimmage is Sheridan hitting harder as they do all the time. A bunch of kids running around with 50 IQ's that know nothing more but to inflict pain. That does not win you football games. Having more points on the board than the other team wins you the football game.

satis5
Waterboy

Post by satis5 »

Scioto

bolyard63
Waterboy

Post by bolyard63 »

it is a tie between lawrence and scioto but gallia county is an underdog they have 3 schools river valley they are not the greatest team but they aint yet the worst and they have the underdog south gallia nobody knows what to expect from one season to the next one season they will go 2-8 and the next season will go 8-2 and gallia academy they will have an on season and the next they wont.

bigdaddyblitz
Riding the Bench

Post by bigdaddyblitz »

I know it's considered "Central Ohio" for the most part, but SOME of Fairfield County is as south as SOME of Perry. In Fairfield you have good programs such as Lancaster, Amanda, Pickerington Central, Liberty Union, Fairfield Union, Fisher Catholic, Berne Union. They weren't all good this year, but as a whole not too shabby.Others include Millersport, Pick. North, Bloom Carroll, Fairfield Christian.

Return to “Football”