What SE Ohio county has the best football teams???

hardrock21
JV Team

Re: What SE Ohio county has the best football teams???

Post by hardrock21 »

griz,
Sheridan as set the standard in football in this part of the state for many years with deep playoff runs every year..how can u be ignorant enough to say that Logan would win most years? More like Sheridan would win 9/10 years I assure you. What can you say those boys over there just take football as a lifestyle and it shows..

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

Texastomcats wrote:ATHENS COUNTY ALL THE WAY

ATHENS
ALEXANDER
TRIMBLE
NELSONVILLE
FEDERAL HOCKING

ALL HAVE GOOD SOLID ATHLETIC PROGRAMS

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I THINK YOU NEED TO PUT DOWN THE LEFT HANDED CIGERETTES AND GET OUT OF THE TEXAS SUN FOR AWHILE.

grizzlynatural
Varsity

Post by grizzlynatural »

Becuase they go farther in the playoffs than we do doesnt mean they are a better team. It means we are in different divisions. People in Logan have more football in them then the ones over there in statue in the middle of town.......town. If your going to say your better than us becuase you win a game or two every year in the playoffs then im going to say were better than you because your stadiums run down and very crappy and we've had 2 very big/sweet atmosphere stadiums. Logan and Sheridan play week 1 Logan wins 7/10 times. Logan and Sheridan play week 10 Logan wins 9/10 times.

hardrock21
JV Team

Post by hardrock21 »

I'm not from Sheridan not even close...its a well known fact that Sheridan is "the" program in Southeast Ohio to everything outside of Logan..there state ranking evey year and yes playoff wins do account for something every year and there "run down" stadium has nothing to do with it..sorry Sheridan is the more consistent program and I'll take them most years, except for an exceptional year at Logan..

grizzlynatural
Varsity

Post by grizzlynatural »

HAHA, well hopefully we pick them up on the schedule.

You said it right though, they are the program to everything OUTSIDE of Logan. Were the best :122245
You are well aware these teams scrimmage together every year right? And every year its very very close right? If Logan played Lancaster week 10 instead of week 1 we'd pull all of our tricks out the bag and make Sheridan look stupid in that scrimmage. Lucky for them we build their confidence up and dont do anything that we do in the regular season and make them look good.

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

As much as I hate to say it, Ironton probably pulls Lawrence County to the top of this list...

grizzlynatural
Varsity

Post by grizzlynatural »

MadPolecat wrote:As much as I hate to say it, Ironton probably pulls Lawrence County to the top of this list...

Ironton is an average football team. If you hate to say it, DONT! :-D Considering there is one football team in Hocking county and they are the LOGAN CHIEFTAINS, and they are the best.

Then...

You GOTTA go with Hockin' County! :122249

DRIFTER
Freshman Team

Post by DRIFTER »

Grizz, I have not spoken to you in a while buddy, mostly because you only see through purple colored glasses and can not carry on a intellegent conversation. Let us get something straight. You assumed I was a General? I wear purple first, have all my life. Have relatives up in Somerset and have been watching Sheridan for many years as well. Have coached kids at both schools seperate and together. Your comments are ignorant at best. You sound like a five year old and certainly do not represent most from Logan. You are now the Army of Logan fans and that is sad. You put down a program like Sheridan because of their field, their town and a monument? Their field is not the best, but it was good enough to kick our butts around this year.

Logan would beat Sheridan 7-10 or 9-10 years? Are you nuts? Both very good programs with alot of tradition and pride. Great athletes, coaches and fans. It does not matter if it is the 1st game or last game this would be a great rivalry. Sheridan would win their share and more, I promise you that. You had better know a little about that league there in, their players, and talent. ect, before you go flying off at the chops. You are a true Logan fan and bleed purple buddy, but man you have got to get a grip. Stupid comments.

redmen-fan
Waterboy

Post by redmen-fan »

year in and year out, lawrence county.

piratepride05
Freshman Team

Post by piratepride05 »

I would go with this:
1a. Perry
1b. Scioto
2. Lawrence
3. Hocking
4. Ross
5. Gallia

live4sport
JV Team

Post by live4sport »

scioto---wheelersburg, minford, west, portsmouth, valley, east

DRIFTER
Freshman Team

Post by DRIFTER »

NONE of these programs could come close to a Sheridan any year or New Lexington most years. It would simply be a beat down, sorry, no disrespect meant to these fine programs, but come on, are you kidding? Now Crooksville, another Perry County team which competes in the same league ( MVL) as New Lex and Sheridan, and usually finishes in the bottom of the league, would be closer to the level as the Scioto teams mentioned. Crooksville would beat most and would be very competitive with Wheelersburg and Portsmouth most years.

Perry Couny hands down, this is a no brainer.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

DRIFTER wrote:NONE of these programs could come close to a Sheridan any year or New Lexington most years. It would simply be a beat down, sorry, no disrespect meant to these fine programs, but come on, are you kidding? Now Crooksville, another Perry County team which competes in the same league ( MVL) as New Lex and Sheridan, and usually finishes in the bottom of the league, would be closer to the level as the Scioto teams mentioned. Crooksville would beat most and would be very competitive with Wheelersburg and Portsmouth most years.

Perry Couny hands down, this is a no brainer.

Solid argument. New Lex is very good every year as is Sheridan. Never saw Crooksville play. West and Portsmouth have shown on up years they can be competitive or beat New Lex. I would say Burg is the same. West is up right now and with the young talent will be for a while. Sheridan is good every year. A young (down) West team played Sheridan year before and at times were competive with them, but eventually their size and strength won out. I believe though that this years West team could've took them the distance or possibly beaten them. Most years though a good program like a Sheridan with a D3 enrollment has a big advantage over D5 or even borderline D4 teams. D4-D5 is close, there is just a big difference in D2-D3 talent and depth of talent.

irish08
Riding the Bench

Post by irish08 »

i think jackson co. because of jackson

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

1. Perry
2. Scioto
3. Lawrence
4. Pickaway/Hocking
6. Ross
7. Fayette
8. Gallia

DRIFTER
Freshman Team

Post by DRIFTER »

siderman, the only year West played at Sheridan they may have been young? But do not forget that Sheridan team was the team that replaced all but a few starters from the year before and was very, very young themselves. It was a beat down, Sheridan won by I believe 37 points and played their JV'S the entire second half. As far as this year, it would have been much worse. Sorry buddy, West did improve alot this year but not close to competing with a Sheridan, I must argue that this year and most years New Lex would beat them pretty good as well. Crooksville would be a great game. They remind me alot of each other. Numbers wise, tough, hard nose physical kids with alot of heart. Just no where near the talent to play with Sheridan or New Lex of Perry County.

grizzlynatural
Varsity

Post by grizzlynatural »

Yeah what he said! lol

Have to agree with Drifter. Sheridan would spank those teams. Unless 30+ 7/10 years isnt getting "spanked"

Paul Carver is an outstanding coach. He does a great job teaching that "RMA". You can see it before the game the intensity and focus these players have. During the game they are flying around playing 100% every play and nailing people. They are brutal.

Logans still better though :lol:

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

DRIFTER wrote:siderman, the only year West played at Sheridan they may have been young? But do not forget that Sheridan team was the team that replaced all but a few starters from the year before and was very, very young themselves. It was a beat down, Sheridan won by I believe 37 points and played their JV'S the entire second half. As far as this year, it would have been much worse. Sorry buddy, West did improve alot this year but not close to competing with a Sheridan, I must argue that this year and most years New Lex would beat them pretty good as well. Crooksville would be a great game. They remind me alot of each other. Numbers wise, tough, hard nose physical kids with alot of heart. Just no where near the talent to play with Sheridan or New Lex of Perry County.

West took a few beatdowns year before last. They also improved greatly this year. Unbelievably so for most until they saw them play.

Let's not forget a little #7 seed a few years ago who was the big underdog to New Lex and the great Drew Cannon totally kicked their cans. Cannon was looking for a place to get down most of that game. The talent that West put on the field this year was very comparable with that 02 team. It can happen my friend.

Like I said, Sheridan and New Lex both have excellent programs.

DRIFTER
Freshman Team

Post by DRIFTER »

siderman, that was a very good team West had that year. I watched them play I believe it was Youngstown Ursiline at Zanesville. Yes that was a very special group. I sit with the West fans that game, WOW. That team sure was physical. I remember going home and hearing the echo's of " Break it off in him" all night! West fans likes it physical as well. Siderman, just met some folks from Portsmouth West last week in Columbus. One of them I hear was a great athlete at West awhile back. Aaron Hall? I believe he played some D1 baseball and football? I do hope to see West return that program to the glory days buddy, just think a Sheridan is a fur stretch for you any year.

Return to “Football”