WK 1 Lancaster @ Logan

loganlocos
SEOP

Re: WK 1 Lancaster @ Logan

Post by loganlocos »

dazed&confused wrote:Yea, I know;it's just a little frustrating. I hope we put one on 'em tomorrow. Then we won't have to debate this. What do you think our home-field advantage is worth this year? Our boys are going to be sky-high.

Generally, I think home field is only a difference maker when both teams are evenly matched. With Lancaster being the stronger team, I think it enables us to play with more energy early in the game, but as the game goes on, it all evens out.

Look at it this way: Logan has won AT Lancaster 5 times, but only once have they won AT Logan against the Gales.

loganfootball19
Waterboy

Post by loganfootball19 »

tomorrows night game is going to be a good game. lancaster looked very beatable in their scrimmage film against finlay and brookehaven. logan's players are ready we aren't letting all the new field hoopla get to us, and yeah we might be at a old warehouse practicing but we have also been practicing on the new field and no what its like playing on the turf in hot weather. we are prepared and are going to be ready to show Rob Carpenter who is going to be the victor on friday our new field.

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

has anyone heard this rumor about coach carpenter leaving next year to coach a team in huston texas????

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

it might be so if his youngest boy is in his last year.

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

A GUY I WORK WITH TOLD ME THAT A FEW WEEKS AGO. I GUESS IT WAS A HOT RUMOR.

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

DOES ANYONE KNOW IF G.G. IS GOING TO UP AT THE OPENNING??

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

1987chieftains wrote:DOES ANYONE KNOW IF G.G. IS GOING TO UP AT THE OPENNING??

I would imagine that they will be there.

PLEASANTFLYER
JV Team

Post by PLEASANTFLYER »

I'm going to have to say i think lancaster will spoil logans home field debut 21-3

lhsfan97
Freshman Team

Post by lhsfan97 »

Carpenter leave for Houston for next season?

Well Nathan is only a Junior this season so I am sure Rob will coach at leaast through next season.

Also why houston? The only reason I could see the Carpenter's moving to texas is because Bobby plays football in Dallas. I doubt that happens though, George is in his freshman season at Marshall and I am sure Nathn will probably play at the next level sonewhere close to the area. I don't see the Carpenter's moving. Rob may stop coaching to spend more time watching his youngest boys play college football though. Would not concern me one bit if he did though. Anyone close to the program knows that Tony Albertini for the last several years was calling all offensive plays as he is an expert at the wing-t ( the freshman team still runs the wing-t only) and also is the strength and conditioning coach responsible for the great work ethic in the weight room at Lancaster.Lancaster also has several other coaches that plan on sticking around. The program would not skip a beat. I credit Rob for rebuilding the program after a few down years in the late 90's but he has laid the foundation for the gales to continue success well after he has left

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

I WOULDN'T BLAME HIM A BIT FOR WANTING TO SEE HIS BOYS PLAY OR SPEND TIME WITH THEM. HE HAS DONE AN OUTSTANDING JOB WITH HIS TEAMS AND HIS KIDS.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Drove out by the Swamp this morning, still have A LOT of road work to be completed. I hope they are not paving the road just for the game! If so what a waste of taxpayers money. If this is only a temporary fix, questions must be asked of the school board, odot and all involved. What a mess! This game could have been moved to Lancaster in order to properly complete the project!

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

moonschein wrote:Drove out by the Swamp this morning, still have A LOT of road work to be completed. I hope they are not paving the road just for the game! If so what a waste of taxpayers money. If this is only a temporary fix, questions must be asked of the school board, odot and all involved. What a mess! This game could have been moved to Lancaster in order to properly complete the project!

I want this game in Logan. I don't care if I have to wade across the Hocking to get there. I've been waiting for a good stadium for Logan for a long time (Sorry Bill Sauer lovers).

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

WHY DID ODOT WANT SO LONG TO START DOING THIS PROJECT? I KNOW THEY HAD TO WAIT TIL ALL OF THE BIG ITEMS WHERE IN THE STADIUM BUT MAN, THAT BEEN DONE FOR AWHILE.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

moonschein wrote:Drove out by the Swamp this morning, still have A LOT of road work to be completed. I hope they are not paving the road just for the game! If so what a waste of taxpayers money. If this is only a temporary fix, questions must be asked of the school board, odot and all involved. What a mess! This game could have been moved to Lancaster in order to properly complete the project!

moonschein -

You don't have to pave your drive way to drive on it. Cars drive on gravel all the time.

Did you want to donate the lost revenue of moving the game to Lancaster? I mean, 6000 tickets times 5 bucks a head, not to mention concession money for the band and program sales for the Athletic Boosters. That's a lot of cash to just "move to Lancaster."

lhsfan97
Freshman Team

Post by lhsfan97 »

Locos, is right, Logan is probably looking at a gross income of $40,000+ for tonights game between all the things mentioned

Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

Who won the Frosh game last night?

Good Luck the Purple and White tonight and this season!! We wil be watching from Columbus out of the corner of our eyes!

lhsfan97
Freshman Team

Post by lhsfan97 »

Lancaster won the freshman game 26-12

ChiefCruiser95
Freshman Team

Post by ChiefCruiser95 »

Moonshcein, I think I understand the point you are trying to get across but it really is way too much money to walk away from. This will be the highest turnout for a Logan game in history IMO despite the nightmare that is the road, parking, etc.

As far as the road goes, I know that the school district and others involved have been hounding ODOT for months to get started on the road but ODOT being ODOT, this is the situation we're in. I've got family that drive through there everyday and the wait to get through is so long that they started taking Nickel Plate Road to get around it. Kind of silly that driving five miles out of the way on a twisty backroad is quicker than getting through a quarter mile stretch of road. :lol:

Oh, and as a service to the Lancaster fans. For those of you that plan to park in the old Goodyear lot, WATCH YOUR SPEED. 35mph means 35mph, especially when the Logan police know that a bunch of out of towners will be ripe for the pickin. Their favorite hiding spot on Front street is at the top of a small hill that leads to a church that will be on your right coming up Front street from 328.

Only hours away!! GO CHIEFS!!!!

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

My main point was that the whole project was mismanaged form the start! Meaning when the land was given to the school board! HA! HA!

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

Want a good warm feeling? Click over to loganfootball.com and see the countdown clock register 00 days.

Return to “Football”