WK 1 Lancaster @ Logan

qualified101
SEO

Re: WK 1 Lancaster @ Logan

Post by qualified101 »

with that performance, will lancaster get us any significant computer points?

soccer_07
Waterboy

Post by soccer_07 »

Nice Job Logan Great Game
Great Job Pat and Bobby

lhskidstar5
Waterboy

Post by lhskidstar5 »

Lancaster 10
Logan 35

note the sum is 45 and the last time Logan beat Lancaster was in 19(45) and 45 was also Corey Kissling's number...RIP

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

congrats to Logan on a big win.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

qualified101 wrote:with that performance, will lancaster get us any significant computer points?

Lancaster will still be atleast .500, and if Cheek gets healthy they'll be better than that. Coach Carpenter will rebound. The next two weeks the Gales should be able to "work out" the kinks.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

GREAT WIN TONIGHT!

The Chieftain defense did an outstanding job, and the offense just kept making plays.

Speed was the difference tonight on both sides of the football. From linemen to skill players, we were faster than the Gales and that made the difference IMO.

First time the Chiefs have been 1-0 since 2001. Great win. There were a bunch of happy Chieftain players and coaches at the victory bell after the game.

Great job, great win, great opening of the stadium.

Now it is time to re-focus, and get ready for an improved Pickerington North team.

GO CHIEFS!

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

Impressive! Obviously, Logan is the team to beat in Southeastern Ohio this year.

2old's hat size has surely jumped a couple of notches! :lol:

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

other the a few hickups logan laid the wood the to lancaster. outstand job to the players and coaching staff.

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

did anyone notice the lancaster fans starting to leave about 3 minutes into the 3rd quarter? you pay money(alot of money) to have your kids play football at lancaster, you pay to drive down to the game, you pay to park, you pay to get in, you pay for refreshments......... and you leave the game early :?: :?: :?: b/c your losing. :roll: :roll: thats poor fan support. :roll: :roll:

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

1987chieftains wrote:did anyone notice the lancaster fans starting to leave about 3 minutes into the 3rd quarter? you pay money(alot of money) to have your kids play football at lancaster, you pay to drive down to the game, you pay to park, you pay to get in, you pay for refreshments......... and you leave the game early :?: :?: :?: b/c your losing. :roll: :roll: thats poor fan support. :roll: :roll:

YEA I WAS ON THE LANCASTER SIDE WITH MY G/F WHO IS FROM LANCATSER AND THE FANS DID'NT CARE 1 BIT BUT TRUTHFULLY THEIR NOT MY TEAM SO IT DON'T MATTER BUT IF MY GIRLFREIND SBROTHER WAS'NT IN BAND WE'D BEEN GONE AT END OF THE 3RD.. GREAT WIN LOGAN.

ALSO TO THE LOGAN PERSON ON PAGE 1 WHO GAVE ME DIRECTIONS THINKS ALOT WAS GREAT I KNEW WHERE I WAS WHEN I HIT 56 CAUSE I HAVE HAULED CARS TO CARBONDALE JUNK YARD..

Speedofsand
Varsity

Post by Speedofsand »

LOGAN CHIEFTAINS

:aaaaa41 :aaaaa56

Fantastic to see this score.
Congrats to the team, coaches, and fans on a BIG win in the inaugural game at The Chieftain Reservation.
How was the crowd ? Full house ? 6000 ?
Last edited by Speedofsand on Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

JMoney
Riding the Bench

Post by JMoney »

moonschein wrote:NEVER GIVE UP, Fight till the end maybe some of the poor decison will lead to some of the leaders leaving! Back to the game at about 9:45 tonight the scoreboard will read Lancaster 30 Logan 17. Boy's still give it your all and never NEVER give up!

R.I.P. BillSauerField
Riding the Bench

Post by R.I.P. BillSauerField »

Ironton is still better than Logan...................... :roll:

Army
S

Post by Army »

Way to go Logan, just got home and was astonished to see the score! You guys are the King of the mountain until someone steps up.

Congratulations Chieftians :!: :-D

GO SEOAL :!:

ChiefCruiser95
Freshman Team

Post by ChiefCruiser95 »

ALSO TO THE LOGAN PERSON ON PAGE 1 WHO GAVE ME DIRECTIONS THINKS ALOT WAS GREAT I KNEW WHERE I WAS WHEN I HIT 56 CAUSE I HAVE HAULED CARS TO CARBONDALE JUNK YARD..[/quote]

You're quite welcome wellstonrockets. Glad you got to watch such a great game.

I was suprised last night that they actually showed some footage of the game on Football Friday Night. I thought they were only going to have chopper 4 do a fly over but it was nice. Short, but nice.

Now we move up the road into my neck of the woods to face Pick North which is always a competitive game. Here we go for 10 and 0!! GO CHIEFS!!

lhsfan97
Freshman Team

Post by lhsfan97 »

Good win by Logan, you won the game where is was important, in the trenches. The Logan D-line did a great job. On offense, If Angle was not taking the snaps Logans offense would not have produced much. He truely is a great athlete and made the difference for the Chieftains.

As for Lancaster, some work still needs to be done, they looked good at times but not having Cheek in the game was a big factor. You have Carpenter who had never taken a snap at QB in a game unti last night. Also by moving him to QB forced Lancaster to start a sophomore at RB. Connor Smith did a great job when we was in but had Cheek been in the backfield with Carpenter I believe the offense would have been more productive.

Can't say the refs helped Lancaster's cause at all last night either. That BLOWN on sides kick call was a tough momentum killer.

dilligaf
S

Post by dilligaf »

Way to go logan goodluck the rest of the season

2old
All Conference

Post by 2old »

lhs,

I expected more from you. Yes Angle is a great player. You act like Logan could not win without him. Heck if Logan could take the field goal kicker out of the first game of this series i bet Logan wins in overtime. My point is over the years there have been many fine efforts in this series.

As for Cheek. I feel for the kid. A kid is only a senior in high school once. But the team has to play with the ones that are healthy. It does not really matter who is injured. Lancaster has NEVER been a one man team.

BTW, this game was won on the First series. Making Lancaster kick turned the thing for the Chiefs. I know because Coach Amyx said so. Seriously you can not complain about the officials. That is also a part of thre game. I think it did not bother you so much last year when Logan returned the opening kickoff for a TD only to have the TD called off by a penalty.

LoganOzzy0469
Waterboy

Post by LoganOzzy0469 »

Nice Job Chiefs....Stadium is awesome. Not even sure I'm happy about it, It's more of an envious feeling (ha!). Angle was very impressive to me. Very impressive, threw incredible long balls even though they weren't brought in. Very impressive.

Gotta give big props to Mr. Jentzen Rohr of the 'enemy' side for that long TD. He's supposed to be "injured"....nice to see him able to turn the burners on.

As far as officiating, the only thing I could not figure out was the whole onside kick thing. How the hell did Logan end up with possession?

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

dazed&confused wrote:Lancaster is a very talented and physical team. However, I'm sure the Chiefs are getting tired of hearing they don't even have a chance.

The story can now be told- There was a repeat video in the Logan locker room of Coach Carpenter saying he expected to win and the Ryan Cheek interview. I'm sure Cheek would have made a difference but not that much. This was just a good ole butt kickin. Congratulations to the Chiefs on breaking in THE CHIEF. Now, let's go take care of business so we can all be back there in week 11.

Return to “Football”