WK 1 Lancaster @ Logan

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Re: WK 1 Lancaster @ Logan

Post by dazed&confused »

LoganOzzy0469 wrote:

As far as officiating, the only thing I could not figure out was the whole onside kick thing. How the hell did Logan end up with possession?

When the officials finally got to the bottom of the pile, #59 was holding onto the ball for Logan. :122245

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

LoganOzzy0469 wrote:Nice Job Chiefs....Stadium is awesome. Not even sure I'm happy about it, It's more of an envious feeling (ha!). Angle was very impressive to me. Very impressive, threw incredible long balls even though they weren't brought in. Very impressive.

Gotta give big props to Mr. Jentzen Rohr of the 'enemy' side for that long TD. He's supposed to be "injured"....nice to see him able to turn the burners on.

As far as officiating, the only thing I could not figure out was the whole onside kick thing. How the hell did Logan end up with possession?

Logan came out of the pile with the football. I talked with some coaches after the game, the only discussion was between 2 officials. One said white got posession, but the other saiid Logan came out of the "scrum" with the football.

BigOrangeOne
S

Post by BigOrangeOne »

Nice win for the Chieftains. Congratulations.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

OK all you long time Logan fans; I know it wasn't a playoff win or the '77 Logan-Ironton type game but where does this one rank in Logan all-time big wins?

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

As I was getting updates from Locos last night, I was loving every minute of it. Congrats to Logan on a huge win! This Logan team could be scary good. Stay focused, Chiefs!

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Congratulations to the Chieftains on the big win in their new stadium.

2old, Logan just proved they can beat Lancaster........and convincingly!!

I think Logan will go undefeated after this win......I felt this would be the toughest game on their schedule.

2old
All Conference

Post by 2old »

Dave,

i don't mind being wrong once. It keeps me humble. But Logan must continue to work hard. Now the pressure is on this team as expectations have now reached a fever pitch in week one. It is a long season. Another D-1 opponent this week.

LoganOzzy0469
Waterboy

Post by LoganOzzy0469 »

Thanks for the clarification on the onside - I musta missed it (obviously)!!

Again, nice job Chiefs!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Pick'town North 1-0 as well ... it's ok to look back at last night's big W , just don't stare ... as Monday rolls around, the focus turns Above the Lancaster-Dixon Line to undefeated Pickerington North ... let's make it 1-0 ON THE ROAD as well ...

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

dazed&confused wrote:OK all you long time Logan fans; I know it wasn't a playoff win or the '77 Logan-Ironton type game but where does this one rank in Logan all-time big wins?

I would say wait and see but Lancaster does the rest of the season.

wowhesfast
Freshman Team

Post by wowhesfast »

It's all about Pick town now. GO CHIEFS!

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

ChiefCruiser95 wrote:ALSO TO THE LOGAN PERSON ON PAGE 1 WHO GAVE ME DIRECTIONS THINKS ALOT WAS GREAT I KNEW WHERE I WAS WHEN I HIT 56 CAUSE I HAVE HAULED CARS TO CARBONDALE JUNK YARD..

You're quite welcome wellstonrockets. Glad you got to watch such a great game.

I was suprised last night that they actually showed some footage of the game on Football Friday Night. I thought they were only going to have chopper 4 do a fly over but it was nice. Short, but nice.

Now we move up the road into my neck of the woods to face Pick North which is always a competitive game. Here we go for 10 and 0!! GO CHIEFS!![/quote]

WAS A GREAT TIME GOTTA SEE MY GIRLFREIND WATCH FOOTBALL CANT ASK FOR MUCH MORE. I CAME THIS GAME EXPECTING A BLOWOUT JUST NOT IN LOGANS FAVOR. GREAT JOB LOGAN KEEP THE HEAD'S UP AND DON'T THINK YOUR TO GOOD TO LOSE BY WINNING THIS GAME.

Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

Carpenter was quoted as saying "Looks like we have a rivalry now" after the game to Coach Amyx.... Classy :?

wrestler87
Freshman Team

Post by wrestler87 »

Yeah, good job Chiefs! Not having Cheek was not even enough of an equalizer to make up for Logan's TWO starting tackles being out of the game. Talk about ROTATION confusion! Good job to those who stepped in. Good job Patrick, but keep some of the air out from under those passes, that's TOO scary. Focus again, I don't think Logan has ever defeated Pick. North on their home field.
Good Luck!

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

Great win for Logan. The Chiefs have a great shot at going 10-0 now.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

I WAS WRONG CONGRATS TO LOGAN ON WHAT LOOKS LIKE WAS A EASY WIN.

Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

I heard today that the jv team ran a pick back to win the game with 4.5 seconds left as well... :122246

With 45 points scored last night and today's event, it makes you think someone was watching the Logan guys.... ;-)

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

what was the JV final score?

Shocking result. Our JVs got their behinds handed to them by Sheridan last week. Sounds like they rebounded very well.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Just saw the score was 26-20 Chiefs.

Great job to the young guys. Sounds like the depth is as advertised.

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

i think the two missed pass interference calls more thanmade up for the onside kick question. lancaster tackled the logan receivers on two different occasions as the ball was in the air but no call was made. i always thought that if two people have their hands on the ball, offense wins out every time.

Return to “Football”