WK 1 Lancaster @ Logan

R.I.P. BillSauerField
Riding the Bench

Re: WK 1 Lancaster @ Logan

Post by R.I.P. BillSauerField »

Lancaster touched the onside kick before it even passed 10 yards, which means it should've been a dead ball, and Logan's ball right there. Watched it on replay. (It was also Lancaster's fault for not giving the refs a heads up. No one, not even the refs, were expecting it.)

lhsfan97
Freshman Team

Post by lhsfan97 »

R.I.P. BillSauerField wrote:Lancaster touched the onside kick before it even passed 10 yards, which means it should've been a dead ball, and Logan's ball right there. Watched it on replay. (It was also Lancaster's fault for not giving the refs a heads up. No one, not even the refs, were expecting it.)

what reply were you watching? The kick touched the ground on logans 49 yeard line and wasn't touched by anyone until the 46 yard line

2old
All Conference

Post by 2old »

lhs,

Not sure what replay, but keep watching. I think in the end Logan won on every replay you will find.

DRIFTER
Freshman Team

Post by DRIFTER »

Congrats to the JV'S, great job. I love how they bounced back from that whoopin they took at Sheridan last week. Nice to know we have some young ones ready to step up. I heard several people after that Sheridan scrimmage saying we should not do it anymore the week before the opener. Were complaining about injuries ect. I think that scrimmage every year is what sets the tempo. You could see it in the trenches friday night. Great job young ones, keep it going. Varsity and JV undefeated?

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

i was at the game sitting on the 50, lancaster didnt touch the ball until after it passed the 50 yard line(it was around the 46-47 yardline, well after 10 yards. it was a great call for the onside kick.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

noreply66 wrote:
dazed&confused wrote:OK all you long time Logan fans; I know it wasn't a playoff win or the '77 Logan-Ironton type game but where does this one rank in Logan all-time big wins?

I would say wait and see but Lancaster does the rest of the season.

OK, but the first win over them since '45? I think that counts for something. One other thing; You're going to see that Lancaster wasn't that bad. They'll get healthy and win their share but Logan has some healing still to do, too. As the season goes on and the Chiefs get more settled in with spreading it out, this could get ugly.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

dazed&confused wrote:
noreply66 wrote:
dazed&confused wrote:OK all you long time Logan fans; I know it wasn't a playoff win or the '77 Logan-Ironton type game but where does this one rank in Logan all-time big wins?

I would say wait and see but Lancaster does the rest of the season.

OK, but the first win over them since '45? I think that counts for something. One other thing; You're going to see that Lancaster wasn't that bad. They'll get healthy and win their share but Logan has some healing still to do, too. As the season goes on and the Chiefs get more settled in with spreading it out, this could get ugly.

No doubt.

I missed noreply original question. I agree I'd rather wait until after the season, but here are some of the bigger victories in school history:

2000 - VS Pickerington, 28-26, second playoff win, revenge for the '99 post-season loss, got us to regional finals

2000 - VS Westerville South, 53-20, 1st playoff win, proved we could play with the big boys

1999- VS Zanesville, 20-14 (OT) - 1st ever win over Zanesville, in overtime, propelled LHS to second ever playoff appearance

1977 - AT Ironton, 20-14 - Beat Ironton on way to 10-0 season, revenge for close '76 loss

1971 - AT Ironton, 22-19 - Last SEOAL team to beat Ironton until 1976

1945 - AT Lancaster, 20-7 - Last win over Lancaster until 2008

1939 - AT Middleport, 21-20 - Came back from 20-7 deficit, Notre-Dame bound Bob McBride throws 2 TD passes and kicks 2 PATs in 4th quarter, Chiefs share SEOAL championship with Jackson

1935 - VS Lancaster 19-12 - First night game at Logan, Chiefs beat Gales at home for the only time until 2008

1934 - AT Lancaster 30-00 - Largest margin of victory vs Lancaster, preserves first unbeaten/untied season in school history, 1st league championship season

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

I didn't have a question. I was just putting my two cents in to the question about were the win over Lancaster stands.

real irnman
Waterboy

Post by real irnman »

NYBuckeye96 wrote:Great win for Logan. The Chiefs have a great shot at going 10-0 now.

yea shame they have to play jackson logan will be (9-1)

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

real irnman wrote:
NYBuckeye96 wrote:Great win for Logan. The Chiefs have a great shot at going 10-0 now.

Jackson is always a tough opponent for the Chieftains, and I'm sure they will be again in 2008. However, I think both teams have a LOT of football to worry about in the next few weeks, starting with Waverly and Pickerington North this Friday night.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

LoganLocos wrote:
real irnman wrote:

Jackson is always a tough opponent for the Chieftains, and I'm sure they will be again in 2008. However, I think both teams have a LOT of football to worry about in the next few weeks, starting with Waverly and Pickerington North this Friday night.

Three things to consider
1) Logan is a well-coached team. Amyx will not allow them to look ahead.
2) This is a special bunch of kids. Many have been playing together since 3rd Grade. They know how to handle pressure. This team can be better than the recent Logan teams which is saying something.
3) They should be FAVORED in every game they play the rest of the way.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

:oops:

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

GO CHIEFS

Return to “Football”