WK 1 River Valley @ Minford

MuletownManiac
JV Team

Re: Mighty Minford Falcons vs. River Valley Raiders

Post by MuletownManiac »

I have said this before and I will say this again. "If" Minford comes into this game thinking that this will be a cake walk they could get their feelings hurt early and often. They have the talent IMO to make this game lopsided, but if they don't play as a team, and aren't focused they could start the season with a goose egg in the win colum. :|

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

RV RAIDER FAN-

Where did I once put any of the kids from RV down?

And tell me how River Valley, at one win on the year, should have played Coal Grove close in that last game?

That is my point. Get over it and dont make it into something that it isnt.

RVRaiderFan
All State

Post by RVRaiderFan »

Bleeding Red:

Just defending my school and its players, nothing else! I'm not trying to start anything, and there is definitely nothing to get over!

Moving on.....as I said before, good luck to both teams in 2008!

GO RAIDERS!!!!

MuletownManiac
JV Team

Post by MuletownManiac »

RV-

Is your avatar the same as the logos on your teams helmets? also what do your away uniforms look like? As I have never seen your team play before. :?:

RVRaiderFan
All State

Post by RVRaiderFan »

Muletown:

As far as I know, the boys helmets will look just like my avatar, minus the River Valley....just the Raider logo.

As for uniforms....again, as far as I know.....all black at home, and either white with silver pants or white with black pants on the road.

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

GOOD LUCK RV!!! But Minford has a fine team.Bring your "A" game.

bigstick625
Freshman Team

Post by bigstick625 »

The Falcons start 1-0

:12222

SPAMONY
Varsity

Post by SPAMONY »

RV should be much improved from last season and should compete with most teams on their schedule
This just is not one of them. Could get ugly late.... Falcons roll to 1-0

MuletownManiac
JV Team

Post by MuletownManiac »

1 more week guys, I can barely contain my excitement. Gonna be another exciting season. :-D

RVRaiderFan
All State

Post by RVRaiderFan »

Just ONE week away guys! Can't wait to make the trip to Minford!

GO RAIDERS!!!!

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

RVRaiderFan wrote:Just ONE week away guys! Can't wait to make the trip to Minford!

GO RAIDERS!!!!

Hopefully RV will have good fan support on the road. You will be impressed with Minford's facilities.

Have a safe trip and go Minford.

formula97
Waterboy

Post by formula97 »

this ones going to be a lot closer than people think i actually look for rv to win this one...

RVRaiderFan
All State

Post by RVRaiderFan »

Bleeding Red wrote:
RVRaiderFan wrote:Just ONE week away guys! Can't wait to make the trip to Minford!

GO RAIDERS!!!!

Hopefully RV will have good fan support on the road. You will be impressed with Minford's facilities.

Have a safe trip and go Minford.

I have heard great things about Minford's facilities! I am looking forward to seeing everything in person!

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

I really like Minford's facilities. They have a real nice setup out there.

MinnyAckMack10
Freshman Team

Post by MinnyAckMack10 »

it can be put simply as this... this years team is different than last years team..
IMO:
this years team has more athletic ability in strength(etc.) because they have been in the program for 2 years now.. they also have more numbers.. they have a good amount of seniors.. they have experience.. and they understand the winning tradition started last year..

last years team played with heart, determination, and motivation(Not saying this years team wont) because they "lost" all 3 years before their senior year... They were also a tight knit group with no fights among the seniors and they had dinstinct leaders that kept everyone in line..

Now if whether this years team shows all those traits is TBD. this years team does have more advantages than last years team. time will only tell how good this team is, as with any other team.

I think what we all need to look at it is.. the base got started for the Minford Falcon Football program, its continuing and needs to continue well into the future, we have one of the most dedicated football staff's in the area if not the state.. YET, here we find ourselves talking about the past and arguing amongst each other. WOW, sounds great! Show support and respect for each team and have more pride in MHS than yourself!

From a member of the '07 Falcons... GOOD LUCK '08! continue the tradition and do better than what we did!

Incognito
Varsity

Post by Incognito »

Minny Ack, my good buddy. Excellent post. Falcons of '08 and future Falcons always remember DO NOT play for the name on the back of your jersey or number on your jersey play for the name on the front, MINFORD. Play for those who wore that number before you, play for your school, your families, your community and most of all play for each and everyone of your teamates and always remember, PAIN IS TEMPORARY, FALCON PRIDE IS FOREVER!!!!

Btw, Falcons start out 1-0. :-D

MuletownManiac
JV Team

Post by MuletownManiac »

"Hard work guarantees nothing, but...the lack of it will." Lets Go Red, what will be the legacy of the 2008/09 Mighty Minford Falcons.

RVRaiderFan
All State

Post by RVRaiderFan »

Is the best way to get from Gallipolis to Minford by going to Oak Hill and taking 139? I think it is, but wanted to make sure! 6 more days!!

GO RAIDERS!!!!

RogueWarrior1965
Varsity

Post by RogueWarrior1965 »

RVRaiderFan wrote:Is the best way to get from Gallipolis to Minford by going to Oak Hill and taking 139? I think it is, but wanted to make sure! 6 more days!!

GO RAIDERS!!!!

Actually, once you get to Oak Hill, go until you come to State Route 279 and make a right. You'll go about 11 miles and make a left on State Route 139. Go about 8 miles and you'll come to the intersection of SR 139 and SR 335. Make a left and go not quite 1/2 mile and make a left on Falcon Drive. If you go past Subway and the BP Station you have went too far.

Have a safe trip.

oldcoachb
JV Team

Post by oldcoachb »

I'm really tired of hearing about last year. It was a good season, but we didn't win anything. A guy from Wheelersburg once told me," You Minford guys don't mind losing as long as you play a good game". It made me mad at the time, but there is some truth to it. There are some who are satisfied that we won eight games last year. I guarantee you Brent Daniels isn't one of them. Expect to WIN!! Expect to WIN every year!

Return to “Football”