WK 1 River Valley @ Minford

bushmaster24
JV Team

Re: Mighty Minford Falcons vs. River Valley Raiders

Post by bushmaster24 »

WINNING ISN"T EVERYTHING,IT IS THE ONLY THING!!!!!!! JUST WIN BABY... 8) 8)

RogueWarrior1965
Varsity

Post by RogueWarrior1965 »

If winning wasn't important, we would not keep score. So winning is everything and there was a philosophy put in place last year of "Expecting to Win" and it worked. This teams EXPECTS to win this year too. Mental preparation is as important as physical preparation. There is a new mindset at Minford, kids are enjoying the game and the numbers show it. Who would have thought 3 years ago that Minford would have close to 60 kids on their roster? There are a couple of reasons for this. One is Daniels and the coaching staff and the positive changes they have made in Minford and two is the pee-wee program that went from 1 team that played other pee-wee teams in the area to 4 teams that played against each other in Minford. That is why you are seeing the depth at some of the positions is because of that change and Minford is beginning to reap the rewards. It was not a popular move at the time, but it has paid off.

Back on topic. Minford needs to come out fired up and control the skill position players from River Valley. If they do that, look for Minford to be successful and come out from next Friday 1-0.

oldcoachb
JV Team

Post by oldcoachb »

RogueWarrior1965 wrote:If winning wasn't important, we would not keep score. So winning is everything and there was a philosophy put in place last year of "Expecting to Win" and it worked. This teams EXPECTS to win this year too. Mental preparation is as important as physical preparation. There is a new mindset at Minford, kids are enjoying the game and the numbers show it. Who would have thought 3 years ago that Minford would have close to 60 kids on their roster? There are a couple of reasons for this. One is Daniels and the coaching staff and the positive changes they have made in Minford and two is the pee-wee program that went from 1 team that played other pee-wee teams in the area to 4 teams that played against each other in Minford. That is why you are seeing the depth at some of the positions is because of that change and Minford is beginning to reap the rewards. It was not a popular move at the time, but it has paid off.

Back on topic. Minford needs to come out fired up and control the skill position players from River Valley. If they do that, look for Minford to be successful and come out from next Friday 1-0.

Not exactly true about the four team league vs the traveling team. Fred had about 70 kids in 2000. The depth left with the coaching change after Fred. Alot of the depth has come from transfers.

RogueWarrior1965
Varsity

Post by RogueWarrior1965 »

oldcoachb wrote: Not exactly true about the four team league vs the traveling team. Fred had about 70 kids in 2000. The depth left with the coaching change after Fred. Alot of the depth has come from transfers.

We'll just have to agree to disagree on this one. The benefit to the having the multiple pee-wee teams teams in Minford was for the kids to have more playing time and to learn the game. We both know if there would have only been 1 team, many kids would not have received 1/2 the playing time they did with the inner-league. One year in particular, there were over 80 kids in the pee-wee program and they all played every game. There is no way that would have happened had there only been one team. I understand some prefer to have a traveling team and I am sure Minford would have done well, but honestly at that age it is more important to learn the game and the positions.

Sure there have been some transfers, but as I look at this year's team, and last year's too, the majority are pee-wee products from Minford. The other benefit was once these kids reached jr. high, some already had four years of football knowledge and "game" experience. These kids have won since Jr High so it is tough to argue the point that it did not work or contribute.

Yes, it was clear about the numbers leaving after 2000. It is nice to see thay are back up with Daniels being the head coach and I am sure that has something, no a lot, to do with it too.

Anyway, we are way off topic here. Bottom line, it is great to see the numbers back up. Good luck to Minford this week. Game day practice starts tomorrow! Get ready, Friday will be here before we know it. Good luck Minford.

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

oldcoachb wrote:I'm really tired of hearing about last year. It was a good season, but we didn't win anything. A guy from Wheelersburg once told me," You Minford guys don't mind losing as long as you play a good game". It made me mad at the time, but there is some truth to it. There are some who are satisfied that we won eight games last year. I guarantee you Brent Daniels isn't one of them. Expect to WIN!! Expect to WIN every year!

Well oldcoachb, I haven't heard anyone say that they were satisfied with last year, I know the team wasn't. Yes it was a good season but I don't think anybody was satisfied. Last year was a step in the right direction, and I don't think this years team will be satisfied with anything less that an S.O.C title and some playoff wins. Last years seniors were in the inter-leauge program for their 5th and 6th grade years and I can't help but think that was part of why they had a good year, you can't argue with getting lots of kids out and having them learn fundamental football. I think that is also part of the rise in numbers back at the high-school level. But last year was last year, river valley is what needs to be worried about now.

On to this years team and this weeks game, don't take river valley lightly, Minford will need this win to get things rolling. I look for the Falcons to come out fired up and get a win at home to start the year off right, this team has the potential to do big things and this game is the beginning.
5 days till game day!!! Go Big Red!!!!!

falcon1
Varsity

Post by falcon1 »

Monday, the 18th, 2008 !!
Young Men, this is the first day of Game day practice!!
Don`t take RV lightly ! They will be ready ! From what has been posted about the OVC preview, they looked good!
Go FALCON`S !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HoopsHotHead
Varsity

Post by HoopsHotHead »

Good Luck to the River Valley Raiders and their new coach Jarod McCleland. I am expecting this years team and coaching staff to surprise southeastern Ohio. A win in this game could flip-flop the expectations of not only the players, but your opponents. I expect this team to win and knowing the seniors on this team like I do....I know they expect to win. Good luck men, I'll be there cheering with all me heart.....make sure you guys bring yours.

GO RAIDERS!!!

bushmaster24
JV Team

Post by bushmaster24 »

last years 15 seniors was the first product of the new pee wee system.I am sure if coach D. did not like it he would change it .. dont look to see any changes 8) 8) anyway it game week,cant believe it is here already...

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

Good Luck RV!!!

MinnyAckMack10
Freshman Team

Re: WK 1 River Valley @ Minford

Post by MinnyAckMack10 »

doesn't this day/week bring back the memories for all the has-beens???i know it does for me.. good luck falcons.. you owe it yourself to have a great season and it all started back in december.. but now is payday!

The Enforcer
SEO

Post by The Enforcer »

Good Luck River Valley

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

minford real biggg!!!

bleacherwarmer
Freshman Team

Post by bleacherwarmer »

Goodluck Minford. Go RED

THE GOVENOR
All State

Post by THE GOVENOR »

Minford 38 Raiders 8

friday_nite_fan
Varsity

Post by friday_nite_fan »

I would love to see RV win this one but I just don't see it happening. Even though this one should be closer than most people expect, I believe Minford still wins. I'll say the Falcons by 14.

billyclydetuggle
Waterboy

Post by billyclydetuggle »

Raiders have looked good in scrimmages is what I have heard. lots of skill players.

falconflyer
Freshman Team

Post by falconflyer »

As an update on my July 31 post, I still don't know anything about River VAlley but I have seen both of Minford's scrimmages. River Valley would have to be very good to beat Minford. Maybe they are I don't know. But, from what I saw, Minford has very good skill players and a whole lot of them. The D and O lines are overwhelming from time to time and I am guessing they will also be consistent by Friday. The Minford team was also very physical from time to time but not always. I am guessing they will be very physical on Friday night. Minford looks to me very skilled, very well coached, very strong, and very fast. Minford has the potential to have a very good season, but you know what they say about potential.

MuletownManiac
JV Team

Post by MuletownManiac »

I sure would like to see our Falcons come out and make a statement in this game, but right now all we are doing is speculating and assuming, and we all know what assuming means. If Minford doesn't bring their A game River Valley could really kick start their season and rain on Minfords hyped up party.

Let's Go Red
Bring it for 4 quarters.

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

Good Luck Raiders!

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

One thing that I am hearing about Minford that will be a great asset this year is the fact that they have 3 running backs that can take it to the house on any given snap.

The Williams boys I have heard are looking very tough, and they said that McCormick is VERY quick and making turn on a dime cuts.

It will be great to be able to rest the RB during the game and keep everyone fresh.

Return to “Football”