WK 1 River Valley @ Minford

DaRecGuy
Freshman Team

Re: WK 1 River Valley @ Minford

Post by DaRecGuy »

Minford will win this one with ease, as will they win their first five games. They have the softest non-conference schedule I have seen in recent years.

2007 Records
River Valley (1-9)
Wellston (0-10)
Huntington Ross (3-7)
Dawson-Bryant (7-2)
Oak Hill (5-5)

They will have to win the SOC II for sure to even have a shot at the playoffs with that schedule. If they want to make a move to be SOC II power they had better get on the AD to schedule some "big games" so they can prove themselves and their new coach.

Incognito
Varsity

Post by Incognito »

I agree darecguy, if Minford loses 3 or maybe even 2 games it will be hard for them to make it. They should win all their non-conf games with ease, with the possible exceptions of Coal Grove and maybe Oak Hill. Oak Hill being a pass dominate team and Minford traditonally struggling against those teams and Unioto had sucess throwing the ball against Minford at their recent scrimmage. Hopefully all this hype swirling around this years team wont go to their heads. But that topic is to be discussed in another debate.

Minford takes this one with superior ground attack.

buckeyeshots
Freshman Team

Post by buckeyeshots »

**BUCKEYESHOTS.COM** Buckeyeshots.com was at OVC previews taking pictures this past friday. Anyone interested in pictures should viset http://www.buckeyeshots.com. THANKS!!

NICKNEVADA
All Conference

Post by NICKNEVADA »

MINFORD 35-6

RVRaiderFan
All State

Post by RVRaiderFan »

Just 1 more day everyone!!! I am looking forward to making the trip over to Minford tomorrow night!

I know one thing....from what I have seen of RV and heard of from practice....if the O-line can block and come together as a unit, this Raider passing game is one of the best in the area. But, it all comes down to the line! Good luck to both teams!!

GO RAIDERS!!!!

bigstick625
Freshman Team

Post by bigstick625 »

Falcons Fly High in Home Opener.

:12222

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

Just about 27 and a 1/2 hours till kick-off, I can't wait!!!! Falcons need to come ready to play, I'm sure river valley will. Lets Go Red, start this season off right!

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

I'll be coming down from Columbus this weekend to see my alma mater River Valley play Friday night,
and then going to watch my wife's cousin and his Wellston team play Jackson on Saturday.

Hoping for two big upsets this weekend, even have my wife pulling for Wellston, even though she is a 1997 graduate of Jackson.

I'll be attending Friday nights game with my good friend RVRaiderfan. Hope to see the Raiders pull out the win!!!

falcon1
Varsity

Post by falcon1 »

FALCON
PRIDE !
Needs to be City Wide !

salemcat
JV Team

Post by salemcat »

Falcons by 10+. Ground attack too much.

marshallman
Varsity

Post by marshallman »

Minford will blow this team out and send a message to the SOC.
35-7

PLEASANTFLYER
JV Team

Post by PLEASANTFLYER »

the mighty minford falcons start off on the winning side.28-6

oldcoachb
JV Team

Post by oldcoachb »

:lol: Man, yahl tough on oldcoach. I would like to see A-DUB return the opening kick off for a touchdown.

bigstick625
Freshman Team

Post by bigstick625 »

A-DUB is a speedster for sure. I think he and big bro shine in this one. I like A-DUB fielding kicks this year myself.

:12222

whodey1989
Waterboy

Post by whodey1989 »

41-0 minford

fblvr
Waterboy

Post by fblvr »

The score is still 20-6.

RVRaiderFan
All State

Post by RVRaiderFan »

whodey1989 wrote:41-0 minford

That was your prediction right?? Because RV scored first to go up 6-0...after that all Minford. Ill post later on my Raider Week 1 thoughts....wow do I have a lot to talk about! :roll: :roll:

RogueWarrior1965
Varsity

Post by RogueWarrior1965 »

Minford started a little rough as the first game jitters seemed to get to them early on. After going down 6-0 it was all Minford from there as they rolled off 42 unanswered points and over 400 yards offense, with 300+ yards rushing. The Williams brothers had an awesome game with both scoring multiple touchdowns. Ray Bryan and Brandon McCormick had some nice runs, with Bryan picking up a TD. Stefan Price had a nice 30 yard pass reception and Brett Taylor had a 40+ yard reception once the second string went in. The defense looked smothering at times with some good hits being put out by Seth Howard and Tyler Fitzgerald, and Aaron Oesch flat laid out the River Valley QB on a blind side blitz. What a hit! Minford did a lot of platooning and that kept them fresh. River Valley doesn't have the depth of Minford and you could tell they were getting winded as I would say several are playing both ways.

Nice show of sportsmanship after the game as both teams gathered at mid-field and took a knee to say a prayer. Saw some pats on the back by players from both teams once the prayer was over. Nice gesture. Good luck to River Valley on the rest of your season.

salemcat
JV Team

Post by salemcat »

Quite impressed with both sides of the ball last night. This team is going to wear other teams down all year long. It seemed to me they got stronger as the game went on. Great job Minford

Return to “Football”