gridiron grory

Philos_Finest
All Conference

Re: gridiron grory

Post by Philos_Finest »

nybucks05 wrote:i say just cover the teams we care about.... the seoal,tvc drop the mvl completely we don't really have a need to know how bad philo or john glenn got beat.

You do know, Crooksville's(which hasn't won an MVL game in two seasons) only win was against the TVC champs this past year right? The Nelsonville-York Buckeyes.

dilligaf
S

Post by dilligaf »

nelsonville york wasnt the champs last year

Philos_Finest
All Conference

Post by Philos_Finest »

Oh wow, a scrimmage. & yes, NY was the champs of the TVC Ohio.

I really hope you are not trying to compare the TVC with the MVL. The TVC is a great league, but are no where near the caliber of the MVL or the SEOAL.

smash_mouth
Waterboy

Post by smash_mouth »

Belpre was the tvc champs, NY tied for second with Meigs and Vinton

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

every league has a philo or crooksville look at the tvc they have alexander,athens,trimble,eastern and miller

NICE :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
BOTTEM FEEDERS ALREADY!

sportzhawk04
Waterboy

Post by sportzhawk04 »

Love this thread. Tells me two things. 1. Gridiron Glory is doing a great job because you all are talking abouit it and 2. Nothing is perfect.

Well trust me, as much as we would love to make the show an hour, we honestly just don't have the people for it. Money is a small factor (equipment costs and gas for cars) but mainly it is people. We can't just give people $2000 cameras and a car and say "GO!" so we have to train people first and that's while we recuit so the show can be as good as it is. And remember, they are college students. There are classes and other obligations. In my opinion, I'd rather have a solid half-hour of good programming than extend it an hour and watch it get worse.

And man, you know we'd love to get more teams in. Just think, in the past 4 years, we went from a 26 minute show with commercials and score screens to a 30 minute, commercial free show and a score ticker just to get more stuff on air.

We are lucky to have GG in the area and students dedicated enough to the area to cover it. Most come from big cities nowhere near SE Ohio so to do all the research and preparation is remarkable.

Oh, and as for the ESPN sayings, we're all guilty of that. But we have to add some kind of flavor to the highlights, unless you'd rather have us read the highlights like Larry King or Ben Stein.

FYI: I hosted this show for the past two years and am now in Augusta, GA and I will say this. SE Ohio has better fans for sure. You all are the real deal. And also, our football show will be nowhere near as good as GG so count your blessings.

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

sprotzhawk04 nobodies dogging the show! we just want more of it!

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

WHAT GAMES ARE GOING TO BE COVERED IN WEEK 1??

Bobcat Thunder
Freshman Team

Post by Bobcat Thunder »

According to the website, the feature games include:

Gallia Academy at Athens
Caldwell at Federal Hocking
Lancaster at Logan
Barnesville at John Glenn
Trimble at Nelsonville-York

I'm guessing there will be Extra points as well

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Has been absolutely pathetic this year. We are pulling our funding of WOSU. The rewind segment is just absolutely stupid, who gives a big rat's arse about players from 7 or 8 years ago that went onto nothing in college? I don't want to spend my Friday evening recounting their glory days. That is 3 to 4 minutes of dead time for me.

My big beef is that this new "host" (I'm being nice) thinks that he can be all things to all people, including the ghosts from the past. Jesus, you belabored the living daylights out of the Jackson/Portsmouth game tonight, it was just friggin' painful to watch. What a damned waste of my time, and everyone else's.

Here's what has my shorts in a knot. You try and cover all of the peripheral teams, and ignore your major fan base, and financial supporters. Not one iota of footage from Fed Hock's unbelievable come from behind last week, and now their stunning win over Cleveland Bedford St. Chanel. What the hell were you thinking by running someone all the way up to Crooksville to cover the Tomcats getting beat by the doormat of the MVL, and two weeks in a row sending no one fifteen minutes away from your friggin' studio to cover two very exciting football games?

MariettaPride21
S

Post by MariettaPride21 »

sucks etta vs warren wasnt on there

hardfowl
All State

Post by hardfowl »

If they are going to cover a game then cover it! They send out a crew to a game and give them 15 seconds of air time.
The Athens/Meigs game tonight was covered yet got very little air time. Both teams made some great plays. For Athens Ian Dixon had a 70 yard KO return and Robbie Glass had a 32 yard TD run. Cameron Tope had several good runs. What about the passing of Jacob Well to Clay Bolin and the running of Jeremy Smith for Meigs? Corey Hutton also had a 33 yard run. You can't get all that on in 15 seconds!
If they aren't going to give the kids air time why show up.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

HF - I listen to your broadcasts and support your station. I truly appreciate all the work that you guys do to cover Meigs County sports.

It is so unfortunate that our youth are getting the short end of the stick this year with this program. That was not the case the last two years with Matt running the Grid Iron Glory show..........

2old
All Conference

Post by 2old »

the problem is this program has students doing the segments that have no backgroud in SE Ohio football. They are just trying to get communication degrees. Lack of local knowledge is apparent. Both the games they cover and the 15 seconds are coverage are justified criticism. And as far as the history segment. Archive it all and if people want to watch they can.

Fan-o-Southern
Varsity

Post by Fan-o-Southern »

1987chieftains wrote:
every league has a philo or crooksville look at the tvc they have alexander,athens,trimble,eastern and miller

NICE :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
BOTTEM FEEDERS ALREADY!

Glad you didn't mention Southern!! :122248

Now, back on topic

I think for what it is, it's good enough for me, most of us in SE Ohio who rely on Sat. TV instead of cable, we don't get much if any Ohio news and rely on WVa news, which does a pretty good job of scores, but for this area, (Meigs/Athens/Gallia/Washington/Morgan/etc), it's a good source for scores, if nothing else, and especially since the Guru doesn't have his show anymore. :(

And thank God for WYVK, if they didn't carry the Meigs Co. schools, nobody would!!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I can't watch it this week as WOUB is "OFF AIR" and they spoke with my 5-year old in his #10 OSU jersey for nearly 5 minutes before the game and got him on camera 2 other times......he was really excited that he was going to be on TV.....but it's still off for the telecast that should be re-airing at 11:30.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... when GIG came to the Logan game Friday night their "state license plate vehicle" pulled right up into the fire lane/handicapped parking area - took the last handicapped space ... sure isn't a group that has earned my respect as "journalists" or as "responsible" individuals who represent Ohio University... lost me as a viewer with the attitude Friday night ...

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Pfloyd, May I? That is reprehensible, just like Ohio State's performance tonight!!!!!!!!

I can't stand this!!!!!!!!!!

Return to “Football”