srimmage scores/results

ghostwriter
Varsity

Re: srimmage scores/results

Post by ghostwriter »

hammerdown wrote:
philthyphil wrote:Ironton scored at will tonight against Greenup Co. It was at least 9 scores to 0 and maybe 10.

Greenup must have played a lot of thier JV players.

Now that's funny....I don''t care who you are....

I talked to Ivan and his staff while working the visitors gate....And, he was most impressed....

It's time for your smash mouth talking about Ironton to stop....

They are for real....How about going back to bluegresspreps.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Your out of your class over here in Ohio....

Besides, Greenups JV players worn white pants rather that green pants....

Just like you say It's a joke....I'm just kidding.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

JohnKnight
Varsity

Post by JohnKnight »

Waverly over Circleville 34-13 in 3 quarters game conditions.

Portsmouth98
All State

Post by Portsmouth98 »

I never thought I'd see the day when someone would be surprised Greenup County couldn't hang with Ironton.

TheMalteseFalcon
All Conference

Post by TheMalteseFalcon »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:ironton LOOKED beastly.

Are you saying they're not really mean.... they're just ugly ??

Strong side
Riding the Bench

Post by Strong side »

now thats funny right there :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: [/size]

72Xcurl
Freshman Team

Post by 72Xcurl »

JohnKnight wrote:Waverly over Circleville 34-13 in 3 quarters game conditions.

Here are some stats from the scrimmage Friday with Circleville. Stats are thru 3 quarters.

Waverly Stats
Derek Roback 14-24 225 yards 4 TD's 0 int's

Kevin Malone 7 carries 170 yards 1 TD

Ryan Robertson 5 catches 59 yards 1 TD
Shane Price 4 catches 53 yards 1 TD
Jake Kretzer 3 catches 52 yards 1 TD
Kevin Malone 2 catches 33 yards 1TD

Overall I think the staff has to be pleased with the performance of the Tigers this early in the season. Obviously we have work to do, but what team doesn't. Good Luck TIGERS

tl895
Varsity

Post by tl895 »

big murphy may become one of the regions elite linemen. he was gettin after it all night.... who is #41 he was tough as well as the #2 qb hitting a bomb about halfway thru the night... most impressive if greenup is not a complete dud

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

I dont know if Ironton is that good or if Greenup is that bad. Passing game for Ironton looked awesome. The defense looked so so. Definitly need to work on tackling and reading a screen. Only real concern was the lack of pads popping. Not a lot of hitting going on for either team. Of course its just a scrimmage and they got a week to get ready for Burg.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

tl895 wrote:big murphy may become one of the regions elite linemen. he was gettin after it all night.... who is #41 he was tough as well as the #2 qb hitting a bomb about halfway thru the night... most impressive if greenup is not a complete dud

#41 is Paris Birchfield HB-CB 6'1" 205 JR his jersey # will be 46

Army
S

Post by Army »

Here is the results from Lamont Cranstons and scooterdawgs preview concerning Chillicothe's scimmage with Columbus St. Charles Prep last night in Columbus.

Lamont Cranston wrote:Also attended the Chilly/St. Charles game... left knowing the Cavs still have ALOT improving to do.
The good:
-Chilly dug itself out of an early 14-0 hole. That alone served notice this group of kids won't quit.
-Knights arm and legs... he got the Cavs out of several tough situations, always aware on the field.
-Chillys overall depth, still alot of kids being rotated with many capable backups.
The bad:
-According to one St. Charles parent, they dressed 6 or 7 Seniors... that wasn't an
experienced team Chilly faced.
-The Cavs likely outweighed St. Charles 30-40 lbs. per kid up front, smaller/quick teams are gonna
be tough on the Cavs, and they don't come much quicker than the 'Haven.
-Mistakes, it is still early, and alot of kids are just now getting up to "Game" speed, but 2 personal fouls
and a couple turnovers were really costly tonight.
All in all not bad though, but a more focused and disciplined Cav squad had better make the trip to Columbus again next friday, or the result won't be as good.

quote="scooterdawg"]Sounds good. I say Chilli 21 Brookhaven 14. Went to St. Charles for the scrimmage tonight. The teams played 2.5 qtrs with the score being tied 21 /21. Go Cavs!!!! We like what we are seeing!!!! Knights had a 60 yd. strike to Scott for a touchdown.[/quote]

bucking red
Varsity

Post by bucking red »

How did Lamb look for Ironton? I think he is 82.

BigMcCauley55
S

Post by BigMcCauley55 »

Marietta scrimmage with Canal Winchester last night i dont remember the score but marietta looked good at some points and some times they looked not so good but no worries 4 more days of hard work will get them ready for Darby.

Warren had a scrimmage against maysville and according to the paper Warren did extremely well

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

A little from the Newark Catholic at Bloom Carroll scrimmage.

I saw this at the scrimmage.

Number five for Bloom Carroll is a player. He seemed to have soft hands, could take a hit and showed nice spped.

Number 25 for B.C. is a time bomb waiting to explode. If he learns to take that energy and use it in the right way he has a chance to be a solid player.

The kicker for B.C. looks to be vert, very solid.

For Newark Catholic
Cox can throw the ball a lot better than most people think, I think.
The running game for the Green Wave will be so much diffeent than last season but I can see it being very solid.

Kicking game looked better at this time than it did last year but it looked still looks shakey at best. You can't miss a point after with no rush.

Defense looked really good against the run.
Now against the pass it was as bad as I can remember(YES I KNOW IT WAS A SCRIMMAGE) Against the screen pass the defense was lost, at best.

I can see the coaches fixing this, the passing defense against the screen play. As for the other passing plays I think it will be a work in progress.

Good luck to Bloom Carroll this season.

GO GREEN.

UpOnTheHill
Freshman Team

Post by UpOnTheHill »

Against Adena in 2qtrs and 1 10 play secession Oak Hill put up 315 yds., and that is with just running basic plays and still beat Adena 28-14. The Oaks still have to work on some defensive matters, but I don't think we will see a back like Adena had all year.
Oak Hill has all the tools to have a great year, let's just see if they use them?

on a mission
All Conference

Post by on a mission »

Rather impressive,31.5 yards per play.If they can keep that going it'll be fantastic!I will be routing for the oaks but if ur counting on that kind of rsults all year ,gooooodd luuuck!

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

bucking red wrote:How did Lamb look for Ironton? I think he is 82.

I thought he looked really good. He caught a few passes and I was really impressed with his defensive play, I don't know how many times he was able to get to the quarterback and pop him.

bleedpurple
Waterboy

Post by bleedpurple »

Good Luck Chiefts on your first game of the seasom against a hard hitting Lancaster Gale Team,

Hopefully the bugs will be worked out with the "O" line and players will be in the positions that they need to be in. Mays boy needs to be a linebacker, Huntsberger nor Snider need to play both ways. He was struggling to make off the field going one way and hopefully Logan will use there big Tight End Neff.... oh what a pass to Adams ... beautiful. There are to Many good players on this team for the same players going both ways... they will need a break come friday... have seen Lancaster ... they are tough... the QB is unbelievable.. ..

You have to have heart to win...... the Chiefs have the heart..... GOOD LUCK

The_Legend_of_Northwest
All State

Post by The_Legend_of_Northwest »

Northwest defeated Huntington Ross 30-16

i believe the TD's were scored by Kreig Crabtree Jr, Luke Brown Fr, Chris Thomas Sr, and another Freshman when the JV was in.

swamisez
JV Team

Post by swamisez »

BigMcCauley55 wrote:Marietta scrimmage with Canal Winchester last night i dont remember the score but marietta looked good at some points and some times they looked not so good but no worries 4 more days of hard work will get them ready for Darby.

Warren had a scrimmage against maysville and according to the paper Warren did extremely well

I think Marietta has to be really disappointed with the result Friday.
CW scored on every offensive possession, and Marietta only got close enough for a 33 yard field goal. Their offense was completely shut down, and their defense was really beaten on and looked lost. I hope this wasn't a precursor to the Darby game.

Doc Panther
JV Team

Post by Doc Panther »

bucking red wrote:How did Lamb look for Ironton? I think he is 82.

Better check his birth certificate.

Illegal or not I'd say being able to play was fantastic.

Return to “Football”