WK 1 Gallia Academy @ Athens

Mighty Mighty Devils
All Conference

Re: WK 1 Gallia Academy @ Athens

Post by Mighty Mighty Devils »

I think a RALLY is in order!!!! right in front of the BOE offices!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

superblue
All Conference

Post by superblue »

Hey Mighty, here are your answers as I know them.... 1. The drinking fountain did not work, not sure what the issue was... the head maint. man said he was tired of fixing it and decided to get rid of it.... 2. not sure 3. Easy to answer, the king makes "ALL" decisions.. We all must learn to accept this..... 4. The King decides what rights you and your children have... in other words we have No rights...LOL

Mighty Mighty Devils
All Conference

Post by Mighty Mighty Devils »

working on a water fountain of some type !!!!! :-D

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Sportfolio, 93Bulldog, or Coach Skinner...Tom Morgan wants to know if he can get an Athens roster and probable AHS starters for Friday's game. He will be broadcasting game for the local TV station which replays the game on Saturday mornings and Tuesday evenings ov er the Pomeroy station..

Coach Skinner
Freshman Team

Post by Coach Skinner »

Jottings,

I will not get that until I get there on Friday. Maybe the AD, Mr. Robinson could be of some assistance if none of the others can help.

See ya Friday

Jeff

Blacksunshine
Riding the Bench

Post by Blacksunshine »

superblue.....The head maint. man got tired of fixing it? What a BOZO!! As for the "King" there's one way to deal with that...kidnap him, taking out in the middle of the Wayne National Forest, give him a bottle of water, a bar of soap, and a compass(only the compass is broken because the maint. man got tired of fixing it) and tell him there you go that's all I can afford to give you. Then go back home, eat a nice steak, drink you a tall frosty beverage, watch HBO, sleep in your nice comfortable bed and lose absolutely no sleep over what you just did. LOL :122249

gahs4ever....I personally didn't know about a soap scrimmage thing but you made reference that alot of schools are charging fees to participate. Can you name very many within a 50 mile radius of your school district? Columbus doesn't count, I mean seriously does River Valley, South Gallia, OVCS charge fees? They are also locating in your county, right? Pt. Pleasant doesn't charge. This is a nagging issue, when is paying for everything too much? Doesn't the district budget money for things like this? They do for gym supervisor, teachers working in maintenence, painting in the summer time. Isn't the Treasurer's job to forcast a budget for the following year, to foresee rising costs and expenses, and don't they have an emergency fund(Rainy day Fund) for expenditures that might run them in the red? As a good friend once said "Failure to Prepare is Preparing to Fail".

Blacksunshine
Riding the Bench

Post by Blacksunshine »

Hey superblue....as Tony Reali would ask "Is that inside information?"

oldschoolblue
Freshman Team

Post by oldschoolblue »

Dont fool yourself Forever you know that I am a True Devil fan and always will be and will always support every Devil or Angel athlete no matter what. This fee is sad, I have spoken to a board member at Chesapeake and one at South Point and they have no idea why someone would charge that and if South Gallia and River Valley does not then where are we going wrong on spending money. No microwaves or fans that is a joke considering the superintendant just got a 4 to 4 1/2 % raise. I have a few more sarcastic cost saving measures that are in line with no microwaves or no fans, how about bring your own toilet paper I am sure this will save a pretty penny or maybe we can take out one bulb from each light. We are a joke.

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

add another principal to watch over lunch and check hall passes :122246

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

tired of fixing the kids supply of water.
time to go to iraq for some bigger jobs for this guy. then and old little pipe wrench wouldnt be so hard after all :!: :!:

diamondD1
JV Team

Post by diamondD1 »

Jottings, I can email a copy of Athens' roster if you send me an address. I will PM.

diamondD1
JV Team

Post by diamondD1 »

gahs4ever, I just sent you the roster via email.

Blacksunshine
Riding the Bench

Post by Blacksunshine »

gahs4ever...You are correct, it can't be resolved in a chat forum, but how many people were unaware of the water cooler being broke? I was, until I read it here, I would have had no idea. Call it an information resource, it wouldn't have made the paper, probably talked about around the bleachers of a Friday game. Hey, you have common sense, think about the ramifications involved if something were to happen because of neglect. Not saying that is the case here, but it sticks in the back of your mind, what if....... In this day and age anything is possible. JMO.

Blacksunshine
Riding the Bench

Post by Blacksunshine »

gahs4ever.....Are those numbers you counted down from previous years?

bulldog0909
Freshman Team

Post by bulldog0909 »

athens 14-7

PLEASANTFLYER
JV Team

Post by PLEASANTFLYER »

the blue devils should have their way in the opener. 34-7

superblue
All Conference

Post by superblue »

Thanks for all the comments. Will not be going to Athens this week. Will listen to Radioman & Jimbo for game details……. The letter to editor is a good ides 4Ever.. I will probably see you at the Point game and explain to ya why I can’t write it……. I Plan to start a topic on the Chat forum next week to discuss some more issues our schools are facing. Please all of you join me for the discussion….. Back to the Game... Both teams are probably going through some growing pains…. Teams really have not had that much practice, weather will be nasty. Turnovers & Special teams may decide the outcome… I look for a close game, with GAHS pulling this one out..

TroopSports
Freshman Team

Post by TroopSports »

This game can also be heard on 970 WATH-AM for those in Athens.

You can listen live online to the game as well by clicking the following link: mms://132.235.236.177/WATH via Athensi.com.

JChipwood
All Conference

Post by JChipwood »

Good luck to both teams. Hopefully an injury free hard fought contest b/w 2 teams with alot to prove this year. Good luck in the TVC to those Bulldogs. Hate to see you leave the SEOAL.

Go Blue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mangywulf
Waterboy

Post by mangywulf »

The A D told me a few days ago it was about $4 per mile and that the rate is set by the state.

Return to “Football”