Freshman Team

WK 1 Zane Trace @ Rock Hill

Post by #1_fan »

What are your thoughts??

boilermaker
SE

Re: RH vs Zane Trace

Post by boilermaker »

Wellston scrimmaged ZaneTrace,and I can tell you that the Pioneers have some size they will hit and play physical.The throw the ball well and have a couple of hard running runningbacks. They have a outstanding linebacker a big kid that can run well. This should be a good game . Also their Qb is a good athlete.A good tall reciever too.
Good Luck & Good Health to both teams.

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

Zane Trace is coming off a 2-8 season in which they should improve on this fall. They have kids with athletic ability, but not a lot of speed.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

GOOD LUCK TO THE HILL GANG. HAVE A GREAT YEAR. :aaaaa49

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Re: WK 1 Zane Trace @ Rock Hill

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

i wanna say zt but the hill may just be to good this year for em,

formula97
Waterboy

Post by formula97 »

rock hill by 2 tds

on a mission
All Conference

Post by on a mission »

Unless z-t is real bad this game won't be a 2 td game.RH is in a rebuilding year.They lost alot of players from last year.I think that the Hill will win in a tight on.I'm anxious to see if they can give McCollister time in the pocket,this can and WILL be the deciding factor.As everyone knows it is tough to ask a freshman to step in and lead a team,but this kid has all the tools to do so if the line can do their job.Coach Knipp has been able to put teams on the field that compete year after year,i think this is his biggest test so far. :aaaaa46 :aaaaa46 :aaaaa46 :aaaaa46 :aaaaa46 :aaaaa46 :aaaaa46 :aaaaa46 :aaaaa46 :aaaaa46 :aaaaa46 :aaaaa46 :aaaaa46 :aaaaa46 :aaaaa46 :aaaaa46 :aaaaa46 :aaaaa46 :aaaaa46 :aaaaa46 :aaaaa46

allsport
Freshman Team

Post by allsport »

McCollister is not your normal freshman... he has grown up around the game (his dad has coached for years)... he's familiar with the RH system and so the learning curve hasn't been that enormous... He has attended QB camp after camp in order to polish his form... he has the genetics going for him (6' 4" and a solid frame)... intellengent kid with great character... and from what I've heard he stood strong in the pocket during his first early tests at the scrimmages and previews... also, he doesn't have to do it all... he has some pretty good skilled players around him who can make big plays... The thing about the QB position is they usually get more credit than they deserve when things go right and more blame than they deserve when things go wrong... I agree, this will be a learning year for the Redmen, but I believe they know enough now to have a very good year... time will tell. :?: :122249

dukiees1
JV Team

Post by dukiees1 »

Good luck to the Redmen and I think they will get the big "W"

OSUNUT52
Waterboy

Post by OSUNUT52 »

Trace has a lot of talent the question is will Gary Peters let them use it, he must put the best 11 players on the field to give them the best chance to win will and he does not always do that very loyal to seniors and i understand that but you just cheat the team and fans when you dont put your best team out there. This was suppost to be a big building season in which they were looking to make a playoff run for a couple of years back looking ahead in 2005. Keys for Trace this year will be mix it up a bit, their offense last year was very very predictable hopefully they have added a few plays this is the second year in this offensive scheme. Defense they must swarm and get pressure up the middle othere wise teams will beable to run all over them, with all dew respect to Peters his scheme has not always the best.

rh40
Riding the Bench

Post by rh40 »

Good Luck Hill Boys and to Todd Knipp. Go get a big W!!!!!

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

Check this out... http://www.svcsportszone.com/

This is a brand new site look for it to only get better.

huedawg
JV Team

Post by huedawg »

Go Hill !! I think it will be close , but going with the Redmen . Ive seen what the freshman QB can do as far as throwing the ball, but lets see how he can take the heat in the pocket and getting some hard hits .

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

allsport wrote:McCollister is not your normal freshman... he has grown up around the game (his dad has coached for years)... he's familiar with the RH system and so the learning curve hasn't been that enormous... He has attended QB camp after camp in order to polish his form... he has the genetics going for him (6' 4" and a solid frame)... intellengent kid with great character... and from what I've heard he stood strong in the pocket during his first early tests at the scrimmages and previews... also, he doesn't have to do it all... he has some pretty good skilled players around him who can make big plays... The thing about the QB position is they usually get more credit than they deserve when things go right and more blame than they deserve when things go wrong... I agree, this will be a learning year for the Redmen, but I believe they know enough now to have a very good year... time will tell. :?: :122249

All of that may be true about McCollister but the one thing I took from the previews is there were quite a few times that he made it quite obvious who he was throwing to, in fact there were two passes that he stared down his receiver the whole time once the ball was snapped, he will need to watch that, he goes up against a team with a veteran secondary and they will pick him apart.

buckeyeshots
Freshman Team

Post by buckeyeshots »

**BUCKEYESHOTS.COM** Buckeyeshots.com was at OVC previews taking pictures this past friday. Anyone interested in pictures should viset http://www.buckeyeshots.com. THANKS!!

OVCfan
Freshman Team

Post by OVCfan »

Looking forward to another season of Redmen Football! Good Luck Hill!

falcon1
Varsity

Post by falcon1 »

Time for an INDIAN UPRISING !

PLEASANTFLYER
JV Team

Post by PLEASANTFLYER »

rock hill will win this one 21-0

on a mission
All Conference

Post by on a mission »

Where theres a 'WILL',theres a way! :aaaaa26

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

Im taking Zane Trace in this one .I think the Pioneers defense will win this game.If you look at last years Pioneer team they went 2-8 ,alot of teams would have stuggled with their schedule which included Westfall,Amanda CC , Adena,Piketon and Hamilton Township.They have alot of returning from that team .

Return to “Football”