games on T.V.?

Strong side
Riding the Bench

games on T.V.?

Post by Strong side »

does anyone know .last year the coverage was pretty good by the CW .Are they covering any this year?

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Re: games on T.V.?

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

There is supposed to be a new station called Zone Sports that is going to show a lot of games this year. They are going to be on channel 66 from what they told me at their booth at the Fair and can only be picked up by an antenna at the present time. They are working to get a channel on the local cable. They also have a web site.

http://www.watchthezone.com

Zone Sports
Waterboy

Post by Zone Sports »

Just to clarify...the CW did not air games last year. It was two years ago and for those of you who watched any of it...thank you!

As for last year...there was a 12 game season shot of football and another 12 of basketball but they never made it to air because of FCC licenseing issues. This year however they will be shot and aired starting with tonights Northwest @ East game which will air on Sunday at 7p and the Ironton @ Wheelersburg game that will air Saturday at 7p. These game will air in their entirety on UHF channel 66 over the air. I am sorry that we cannot bring them to you on cable yet. So far TWC has not been able to find a channel for us. We will be sending the games to them for their Local On Demand channel after they have aired on channel 66. I don't know how long it will take them to feed the games into the system for their viewers. If you would like to see the games much faster you may want to give Time Warner a call and let them know as that helps them gage the interest.

We will also be airing last years games on Thursday nights at 8p for those of you who can recieve it. This years season will be 17 games of football and 14 of basketball. I hope that people enjoy what we are trying to do for the kids and the area as this is the only media that allows the kids to actually see themselves playing.

If you like the idea we can sure use the support of the viewers/potential viewers by calling Time Warner or you can actually contact your city officials and your township trustees as they can help with bringing this to cable as well.

Time Warner Cable's number is 1-800-617-4311

I hope I have answered your questions if not please let me know and I will try.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

hammerdown wrote:i know this may sound stupid but how do you get UHF channels on todays t,v's?

is there some kind of converter,if so where can one be purchased at?

Rabbit Ears

Zone Sports
Waterboy

Post by Zone Sports »

OK, I am going to give you two ways to see if you can pick it up..

The Best Way,
Well, the best way to pick up UHF channels is to have a regular UHF outdoor antenna. These are sold at Radio Shack, Walmart, Rich TV and Home Center or even online. These antennas will take even a very weak signal and magnify it so that it is not only watchable but good. Whenever you put up a UHF antenna it is best to get it as high in the air as possible to increase wave reception. After thats done run some coax from it into you tv's input and set your tv to "ant" or "antenna". You may need to rotate your antenna to find the best signal but its not hard.

Not so best Way,
Depending on where you live you may be able to connect a set of "rabbit ears" which is just a small antenna that sits on top of your tv. I live here in Portsmouth and can get it on an antenna like this with no problems.

There are many factors that can influence your reception and depending on where you live you may or may not be able to recieve it. If you go to http://www.antennaweb.org for more help with antennas.

Zone Sports
Waterboy

Post by Zone Sports »

Yes, all television sets are required to have a UHF/VHF tuner built in them. That is what makes them televisions and not monitors. With the push for digital taking place it may now say NTSC and ATSC but they definately have tuners built in them.

Zone Sports
Waterboy

Post by Zone Sports »

you can find them from 35 to 80 usually. The one I bought for us to watch our signal with was about 65 and it does a great job. What area do you live in?

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Zones Sports, are you the owner of the site? I ask this because I sent out an email last week to name from the website that I figured was the owner and never got a reply, so I'll ask the question here.

I tried to pick up your channel here in Haverhill with a set of rabbit ears and couldn't get it to come in. I can pick up channel 30 out of Portsmouth as well as channel 42 and channel 25, but channel 66 wouldn't come in. Do you broadcast 24/7? If not then maybe that is why I couldn't get anything. It was probably around 2:00 a.m. when I tried it if that makes a difference.

Thanks.

Zone Sports
Waterboy

Post by Zone Sports »

Yes, I am the owner. I recieved your email and replied but I don't understand why you did recieve it??

Anyway...you actually tried when I was changing to a different transmitter. Please try again this week when you get a chance and let me know what happens. You may need a real antenna there at your location its hard to tell.

On a bright note though over the next 45 days I am making several changes that will improve the signal dramatically and will also be moving to channel 50 instead of 66. I am making changes and improvements as fast as I can but since this is a start up funds and manpower are always limited...especially when I'm trying to get as much football shot and edited as I can. Please bare with me as I continue to improve things.

Return to “Football”