Re: Nominations for SEO players of the week for week 1

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

MAN THEM STATS ARE UNREAL.

whodey1989
Waterboy

Post by whodey1989 »

california kid wrote:
whodey1989 wrote:NOTRE DAME-THAD BOWMAN 288YDS. ON 23 CARRIES 12.5 PER (4 TD'S) TWO AWAY FROM STATE RECORD ALSO MANY GOOD TACKLES.

he runs the ball now he was a lineman last year did he get quicker?

Thats was his brother who graduated last year he played TE last year he has always been quick and should have one heck of a year for the titans.

Direct Hit
Waterboy

Post by Direct Hit »

EVAN HERRELL FROM SYMMES VALLEY. 151 YARDS RUSHING WITH A TOUCHDOWN AND 40 RECEIVING YARDS WITH A TOUCHDOWN.

UpOnTheHill
Freshman Team

Post by UpOnTheHill »

Oak Hill sophmore Westen Hale: 135yds rushing on 8 carries 16.9ypc 1TD, 1 catch 69yds, 204yds of total offense, 8 tackles and picked up a blocked punt for a TD.

jdub08
Waterboy

Post by jdub08 »

ROBBIE WILCOX HANDS DOWN. HE HAD 4 RUSHING TOUCHDOWNS AND 3 PASSING TOUCHDOWNS VS OHIO VALLEY CHRISTIAN. WE GONNA BE STATE BOUND THIS YR.
GO CINCY

MuletownManiac
JV Team

Post by MuletownManiac »

Roback, no questions asked...Name me the last time a QUARTERBACK, gained 600+ yards by themselves? I just can't even begin to fathom these numbers, ecspecially against a seasoned Piketon team...he didnt do this against a lower level team, he put up these kind of numbers against a playoff caliber team who will likely win their division. I believe that this young man is Div. 1 caliber and no offense to Trevor Walls but i'm talking about Big Ten caliber division 1 school.

eddie
JV Team

Post by eddie »

B. Shank---------WOW!!!!!!

FromTheBleachers
Waterboy

Post by FromTheBleachers »

Roback certainly played extremely well.

IronmanTradition: I don't think it's fair to say that Jackson's game was only against Wellston. Piketon's not exactly a huge school either - much smaller than Waverly. And I don't understand why Boggs is not worth mentioning either. His completion percentage was 67% - Roback's was only 51% - the thing is that you can't throw for touchdown passes unless your coach sends in a passing play. Roback's number of passes and his accomplishments are notable and with them, the great come-back of the Tigers makes him the stand-out of this past weekend - but, to use a basketball analogy - it's not hard to score 60 points in a game when you get to shoot the ball 200 times. I won't take anything from Roback - but it's obvious that the coaches have a lot of faith in him or they wouldn't let him pass so often, and that is what allowed him to shine.

But, no one who was mentioned on this thread was undeserving.

tigerfan4life
Riding the Bench

Post by tigerfan4life »

FromTheBleachers wrote:Roback certainly played extremely well.

IronmanTradition: I don't think it's fair to say that Jackson's game was only against Wellston. Piketon's not exactly a huge school either - much smaller than Waverly. And I don't understand why Boggs is not worth mentioning either. His completion percentage was 67% - Roback's was only 51% - the thing is that you can't throw for touchdown passes unless your coach sends in a passing play. Roback's number of passes and his accomplishments are notable and with them, the great come-back of the Tigers makes him the stand-out of this past weekend - but, to use a basketball analogy - it's not hard to score 60 points in a game when you get to shoot the ball 200 times. I won't take anything from Roback - but it's obvious that the coaches have a lot of faith in him or they wouldn't let him pass so often, and that is what allowed him to shine.

But, no one who was mentioned on this thread was undeserving.

piketon is much smaller then waverly?
news to me... i do think that we are in the same division (4)...
its not like Saint Xavier playing Sciotoville

FromTheBleachers
Waterboy

tigerfan4life -

I was baseing that comment on the Ohio High School Athletic Association's listing that Piketon is Class AA and Waverly is listed as AAA. Waverly is shown as being 3 boys shy of being a D3 with 253 boys - Piketon has 216 boys.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

This will be picked on Thursday.

ronnie88richards
JV Team

Post by ronnie88richards »

Derek Roback should def. get player of the week.

Trooper
Freshman Team

Post by Trooper »

How will the winner be chosen?

HE_HATE_ME10
Waterboy

Post by HE_HATE_ME10 »

I agree with Haykeypeirce Robak and Angle co players of the week

jarhead1967
Waterboy

Post by jarhead1967 »

OZZIEOHIO wrote:Post them here.

codyrock hill jr.

conehead
Freshman Team

Post by conehead »

jdub08 wrote:ROBBIE WILCOX HANDS DOWN. HE HAD 4 RUSHING TOUCHDOWNS AND 3 PASSING TOUCHDOWNS VS OHIO VALLEY CHRISTIAN. WE GONNA BE STATE BOUND THIS YR.
GO CINCY

Ohio Valley Christian has football now? wow. That school is tiny!

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

B shankweiler (sophmore) W'Burg. First offensive series when starting qb goes down, he is hit and fumbles. If you had watched this game, the Dline for Ironton was awesome this game. Shank comes back in and gets the job done by running for many of those yards that put the team into position to win. HEART. I dont care about Robacks stats, would Roback win if the team had lost? The only thing i care about is robacks return for TD to give them a chance to take the lead. AWESOME! Neither teams were playing cupcakes. So I pick the 2 for offesive players of the week!

tigerfan4life
Riding the Bench

Post by tigerfan4life »

FromtheBleachers-

well jackson is D-2 and wellston is what D-5
thats a huge difference from piketon and waverly

FromTheBleachers
Waterboy

It doesn't matter and it's certainly not worth patty-cakeing with you over. I was not saying there was the same size difference between the two sets of schools - the point I was trying to make is that Wellston is not an insignificant "only from Wellston" team and school like was implied/stated - and I'm sure the Wellston people/fans don't feel that they are. Wellston has some size and some excellent speed and they are not really a team to be sneezed at - and neither is Piketon. Any team on any given day can win or lose - regardless of their size. Don't belittle the Wellston team by saying they are only from Wellston - and don't belittle the Jackson team by saying that their win was insignificant or less than any other teams win.

Return to “Football”