WHAT'S THE COLDEST HS PLAYOFF GAME YOU EVER BEEN TO.

Bigdog
Freshman Team

Re: WHAT'S THE COLDEST HS PLAYOFF GAME YOU EVER BEEN TO.

Post by Bigdog »

http://www.ohsaa.org/sports/ft/boys/200 ... 0.htm#Game Summary

State final game at Fawcett stadium, 20 degrees at start of game wind chill below zero, of course two coaches for UA had shorts on!
BRRRRR

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

A couple of the coldest I've been to was the fore mentioned burg - hartley at nelsonville.

Another cold one was the 2002 regional final berween west and ports at the tank

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

Bigdog wrote:http://www.ohsaa.org/sports/ft/boys/200 ... 0.htm#Game Summary

State final game at Fawcett stadium, 20 degrees at start of game wind chill below zero, of course two coaches for UA had shorts on!
BRRRRR
Lol coach White of Davidson wears shorts in that weather too :lol:

Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded! ~Lawrence M. Krauss
79Tiger
All Conference

Post by 79Tiger »

'89 Semi-final in Dublin vs Hamilton Badin. Brutally cold but the next week in the State Game, warm enough to not need a jacket. 2nd would be the 1992 State Championship in Massilon against Mentor Lake Catholic. Another bitterly cold one.

Once a Tiger, always a Tiger. :D
JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

The Oaf wrote:
Bigdog wrote:http://www.ohsaa.org/sports/ft/boys/200 ... 0.htm#Game Summary

BRRRRR
Lol coach White of Davidson wears shorts in that weather too :lol:
Burgites never lose that toughness :lol:

d-5
SEOPS HOF

Post by d-5 »

JTEK wrote:Burg vs Versailles 1987 playoffs at the former college football hall of fame
Yes the coldest Burg game by far

Irish Dawg
Waterboy

Post by Irish Dawg »

Steubenville-DeSales at Massillon in 05. We started under the cover of the home side, but wanted to move to guest side with more open seats. Should have stayed under cover. Almost went home after first game.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

A few year ago at Nelsonville, Wheelersburg vs. Bishop Hartley got pretty nasty.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Gotta be Logan vs Upper Arlington 2000,low 20's or teens actual temp with wind chill right around 0 and the Logan coaches still in shorts :lol:

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

Burg94 wrote:Burg-NY York at Ironton in 81 I believe...I was only 6...and my hands are almost back to normal!!

at made me laugh. well played.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Tigercannon71 wrote:
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:THAT'S A HARD ONE FOR FIGHTING TIGERS.
but I remember freezing some body parts up at Hamilton badin. men were hiding in the restroom to get outta the wind. and there were plenty others.
very cold in akron as well.
Ironton and Hamilton Badin at Dublin is the coldest game In Ironton history I think. I know it's the coldest I've ever been and I played college ball in Canton. One of my uncles friends smashed his hand in the car door when they got to the game. It wasn't until he got halfway home that his hand was thawed enough for it to start bleeding and hurting.

I was underdressed as well at that one. I thought I knew a bit more than the weatherman. and we had gotten there way early anyway. I had more clothes in the car. but too cold/windy to walk to it.i remember running into my uncle carl white in the men's restroom. a quarter later he was in the same spot. I said carl, we gotta quit meetin like this. hey said hey that's on you, I never moved.it was a big belly laugh for everybody.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

cbolt wrote:Gotta be Logan vs Upper Arlington 2000,low 20's or teens actual temp with wind chill right around 0 and the Logan coaches still in shorts :lol:
Agree Bolt, my coldest too. Yep, the coaches was still in shorts. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I don't know what that proves myself, wearin shorts in sub temps. if I was a fan of that team. I'd think what kinda goofy long eared galoots is coachin my kids.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:I don't know what that proves myself, wearin shorts in sub temps. if I was a fan of that team. I'd think what kinda goofy long eared galoots is coachin my kids.
:lol: :lol: :lol: Bait, I know a few guys that wear shorts year round. :lol: :lol: Crazy stuff. Don't know how they do it, they must hold heat pretty well. :lol: :lol:

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:I don't know what that proves myself, wearin shorts in sub temps. if I was a fan of that team. I'd think what kinda goofy long eared galoots is coachin my kids.
Might not be HS but a cold playoff game involving ice and cowboy boots comes to mind! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

The Oaf wrote:
Might not be HS but a cold playoff game involving ice and cowboy boots comes to mind! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

bucks__09
Waterboy

Post by bucks__09 »

2013 bishop Hartley v. wheelersburg at nelsonville York. 2013 Trimble v. Marion local state championship game. 2012 Athens v. Cirlceville at Athens.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

The Oaf wrote:

you know I thought about that very thing and laughed when I started this topic.

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:
The Oaf wrote:

you know I thought about that very thing and laughed when I started this topic.
Trench and I were dying laughing this morning Bait! :lol: :lol: :lol:

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

that was a long afternoon indeed.

Return to “Football”