WK 2 (1-0) Wheelersburg @ (0-1) South Point

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

Seops123
Riding the Bench

Re: WK 2 (1-0) Wheelersburg @ (0-1) South Point

Post by Seops123 »

eddie wrote:are you kidding me. piketon faster then the burg---i dont think so. if you are comparing their speed to when they scrimmaged piketon then you have been badly deceived. the burg just ran plays at piketon. looking at individuals in stressful situations. meaning ----( plays) not going to work against a forty but still run the play get what you can get.

as for sp---the burg better be ready. they are a well coached team.

so you think waverly is faster than burg

eddie
JV Team

Post by eddie »

i dont know i havent seen waverly. i would say they are probably equal in speed and quickness. based on past years. have you seen waverly this year?

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

What does SP have to offer better than last year if you can tell?

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

congrats to the ex blue devil maybe some will follow suit :!:

backdoor54
Riding the Bench

Post by backdoor54 »

This should be a 14 point game logically.. Nobody knows a whole lot about SP though it seems and i dont either so it is a little hard to say. And i was at the piketon burg scrimage and burg is way way faster.. idk about waverly, but if you give up over 50 points to piketon then you have work to do. anyway good luck to the pirates in week 2

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Should be a good game I win will pick South Point in a close game. This game could be one who wins the turnover battle.

The_Sports_Junky
Varsity

Post by The_Sports_Junky »

Burg 17-7

Da man
Riding the Bench

Post by Da man »

upsets happen, thats why you play the game, sp is now in its second year with the new offense, they will be on the same page compared to last year

jdub08
Waterboy

Post by jdub08 »

i think sp will lose by 2 touchdowns. they always give up at the end. but they will be no giving up this time bc they will already be beaten. burg is way to tough. ports just isnt a good team this yr after they lost a bunch of seniors. im not for burg , and not for sp, soo hope this will be a great game, . ps if i was burg id be really taking it to sp for upsetting them couple yrs ago. ahha that was soo funny. biggest upset all yr and still.

O.V.C '11
Riding the Bench

Post by O.V.C '11 »

jdub08 wrote:ports just isnt a good team this yr after they lost a bunch of seniors.

If you think that Portsmouth isnt a good team this year, then apparently u have not seen them play. Portsmouth is a good football team and so is SP. IMHO South Point could have won that game, but they had to many turnovers to late into the game.

Championship
JV Team

Post by Championship »

have to agree with ovc '11 ... portsmouth is solid, they are quick and their qb is a stud and only a sophomore from what i heard .... sp did have a chance to win that game last week but they had a couple guys get banged up nd a couple others cramp up

onto the burg game .... the thing that scares me is that old saying turf makes you faster, which from what ive seen is the truth, from what ive heard about the burg is that they are very fast that scares me being a south point fan .... but on the other hand sp is fast as well .... imo this will be a really close game itll come down to defense ... i say within a touchdown either way ... too close to call

go point !!

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

I saw some game film of SP and Ptown and the Sp defense had better get used to looking for Burgs Qb running and gunning. Seems to me they will need to do better this week if they want to contain burgs offense. Ptowns QB ran all over and around SP defense. As for SP offense, if I remember last years game, they like to run against the grain with good mis direction handoffs. Burg needs to stay in their lanes and I think they will do alot better this year than last. Problem will be if SP needs to pass, well....

GoReds
Waterboy

Post by GoReds »

I'm liking the sound of this thread, everyone form Burg(king of the mountain) is underestimating South Point. The game is at South Point so that's a small advantage and South Point was able to run the ball pretty well against a quick Portsmouth defense. IMO the game will be decently close

primetime20
Riding the Bench

Post by primetime20 »

i think south point will do just fine against wheelersburg...sp's running game is very tough and when they get their passing game down their offense will be very hard to defend...look for the pointers to beat wheelersburg every way friday

UPSET

South Point 21
Wheelersburg 14

FaberGrad62
JV Team

Post by FaberGrad62 »

The main thing you have to watch out for after a big victory is a letdown. The Burg went into this game two years ago thinking this was going to be a pushover and it cost them a playoff appearance that year.

Burg just needs to come out focused on the game and play up to their potential. They have the tools to win every game on their schedule this year, but it will take a huge effort each time out. One slip up and you can have a "L" on you in a heartbeat.

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

As was said, SP did a good job running the ball against a quick Ptown D. By the way, did SP play portsmouth last year?? Nope. Burg did. And yes, Mr smith beat up on Burg the year before but with the SP new coach and running attack, these kids for Burg on D have seen it and will remember how that misdirection caused some havoc. Did SP score? No. Like I said before, burg defenders will need to stay in their lanes. Just like the Ironton game though, I wasnt sure of burgs offensive capability before the game. Heck, I am not even sure if what we did in week 1 can be done to SP. But I would be ok to say that Irontons D was very good and we put up points. So Yeah, I like Burgs chances in this game. And last year, other than the Bomb at the beginning to Cook, I think we ran on SP pretty well. I am sure others will remember better.

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

GoReds wrote:I'm liking the sound of this thread, everyone form Burg(king of the mountain) is underestimating South Point. The game is at South Point so that's a small advantage and South Point was able to run the ball pretty well against a quick Portsmouth defense. IMO the game will be decently close

Wow are you from Ironton? Cause last week they said that Burg was talking about dominating the Tigers and No one even said that! So that is exactly what you just did. Or did you take lessons? Either way your wrong!
From what I am understanding from a majority of Burg fans is, Burg isn't overlooking SP and understands what happened 2 years ago. It will be a good game, but as long as Burg keeps turnovers down they should pull out a victory.

SO you have 1 idiot claiming Burg is "King of the Mountain", ok you'll have those.
I'm sure he was still riding the high of the Ironton win when he said that! The season is still VERY early and players still have a lot to prove. There isn't a king this early.

I think Burg wins this by 10-14
but not overlooking, It will be a good game!

piratepride05
Freshman Team

Post by piratepride05 »

I will take Burg by 3, turnovers will win this game.

Side Note: How do you get to the stadium from 52?

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

I think you take the Solida road exit, go over the highway and at the stop sign, turn right. School and field should be up on the left.

Championship
JV Team

Post by Championship »

piratepride .... coming from burg, when you come into sp its the 2nd light there will be the country hearth hotel on the right and a headstart on the left ... turn left at that light ... then make an immediate right .... go about a mile id say and the school and field is up the hill on the left .... you may be able to see the lights from the stadium at that redlight im not sure but if you go passed that red light youll for sure see the lights to your left ...

Return to “Football”