WK 2 (1-0) Wheelersburg @ (0-1) South Point

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

falconflyer
Freshman Team

Re: WK 2 (1-0) Wheelersburg @ (0-1) South Point

Post by falconflyer »

This will be a competetive game that WB wins.

drrabbit
All State

Post by drrabbit »

yabbadabbadoo wrote:I think you take the Solida road exit, go over the highway and at the stop sign, turn right. School and field should be up on the left.

Wrong exit for those directions. From the Solida exit you would turn left at the stop sign after crossing the highway and then the school will be on the right. The directions are correct if you take the road off 52 before the Solida exit.

The new high school is visible to the northeast of Route 52 (on the left as you head to South Point) before you make it to Solida exit. Stadium is in front of the high school. Nice turf.

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

i'm gonna take burg in this 1.

just for fun prediction burg 28-sp 20

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

drrabbit wrote:
yabbadabbadoo wrote:I think you take the Solida road exit, go over the highway and at the stop sign, turn right. School and field should be up on the left.

Wrong exit for those directions. From the Solida exit you would turn left at the stop sign after crossing the highway and then the school will be on the right. The directions are correct if you take the road off 52 before the Solida exit.

The new high school is visible to the northeast of Route 52 (on the left as you head to South Point) before you make it to Solida exit. Stadium is in front of the high school. Nice turf.

Doc, that is right. I'm confused on my bearings on where the school is. It is up on the hill before that exit, isn't it?

whodey1989
Waterboy

Post by whodey1989 »

Burg 28
Sp 14

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

I'll take the Burg by three touchdowns.

piratepride05
Freshman Team

Post by piratepride05 »

Thanks Champ and Doc, I will be down this weekend too and then heading to Marshall.

SPAMONY
Varsity

Post by SPAMONY »

what if burg just barely beat a weak and overrated ironton????
just a thought......if thats the case and (i think it is) then that makes this a close one
coin flip imo

someoverkill
JV Team

Post by someoverkill »

Although rooting for WBurg in this one, I smell a let down again this year. I dont really think the Pirates match up as good as they did against a bigger Ironton team. Ironton was slow up front and WBurg exploited that. I think South oint will be overlooked again this year and they pull a minor upset. I am not convinced WBurg is that good yet. I'll say 27-21 SPoint

brutus40
Waterboy

Post by brutus40 »

I think it is going to be a good game again this year for the past few years south point has always hung with wheelersburg. I feel like last year south point only could run a few base plays against wheelersburg with the new coaching and lack of time to perfect the offense. I noticed with the p town game south point really has developed the offense and has put some new things in. Seagraves scored around a 60 yard td thats was from a formation south point didnt even have last year at this time. Remember last year wheelersburg killed ironton and then everyone said they would kill south point well it was a 3 nothing half and south point moved the ball well on the burg in the first half, but had some fumbles that killed them in the red zone. the burg made some adjustments at half and shut the pointers offense down. Easy to stop three base plays but can the do it again with south points diverse offense. Close game between i town and wheelersburg this year so i think south points more diverse offense wins by 7. I feel the point will be a respectable football team in the years to come under schilot. He was at wayne from the begining when they turned that program around, and wayne does not have the atheletes south point has. Waynes state championship guard 145 lbs.

local superstar
All State

Post by local superstar »

South Point by one TD.

tigerdad
JV Team

Post by tigerdad »

After just seeing the pirates first hand this past friday night, No doubt the pointers better be prepared, pirates by 2 td's

burggrad_2000
Riding the Bench

Post by burggrad_2000 »

Let me start by saying that NO ONE from Burg is underestimating SP...

They are a great team! we know what they can do. I dont know a lot about SP, just what i have read on here and talkd to people from Portsmouth.

but i do know alot about the PIRATES!

I am not going to say who is going to win or loose...

Good Luck Pirates! Keep your head in it and! Dont loose focus!

We are...The BURG!!!

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

The new field is at the new school? I thought they just resurfaced the old ball field. Doesnt matter. I'll leave early enuff to be at both fields in time for the game!! :lol: Just so you all understand, I am a pragmatic person and I take what i see and make observations. ptown isnt Ptown of last year. Beau Weed is gone and so is Burgs spread offense and passing game. But Burgs passing game vs SP last year was the worst all season but for maybe Johnson Central. So we run the ball. SP have better atheletes than last year? Burg is about the same but weaker in a few skill positions. Stamper is gone but he ran the option out of the spread. Jenkins, the speed back is gone but J. Shankweiler has taken his place. May be not as fast but is a harder runner and can break tackles. Walker and Craigmiles are the hard runners. White is just White. He may or may not get the ball up the gut. But if your LBs arent honest, he has the brawn and the speed to go all the way up the gut. Defense for Burg has the same up front but for a DE who did a great job turning in Irontons running game vs double teams. Kemper I think. White and Brandon Hall at LB. Cut back pursuit better be there this weak. That is what we lacked vs Ironton. But like I have said before, this team D has seen the SP running attack and will adjust, not like Portsmouth. SP has a more power running game than Ironton (sweeps) so I say my last because running right at speed normally wins. Corners are ok. Shank is back from last year at one corner and Lang plays rover back from safety position (not sure of his designation, maybe monster back or SS). Others are new. So we have 4 newbies on D. Our oline is new but the center. Qb new. 2 new RBs. 2 new WRs. Still beat Ironton. Nuff said

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

South Point is a shocker, Burg isnt what they was last year ,,,,they may come in over confident after a win over the fighting tigers, another team, that is good, but still not the fighting tigers of old.

give Lutz time he will get them close.

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

Man, If Ironton is getting this dis from all the seo team posters, you guys are in for a HUGE suprise! They are that good and if they comeback from that loss to Burg, they will be unstoppable in mho!

SP had better strap it on a little better, a little tighter than last year. This is a young Burg squad that doesnt remember 2 yrs ago and only will try to better last yrs accomplishment.

Burgballer08
Waterboy

Post by Burgballer08 »

Im taking wheelersburg by 2 touchdowns. Wheelersburg needs to stay focused yes last week was great but this is a new week and a new team, a team that has given us fits the past couple years, can't over look them we did that my junior year and got beat.

GO BURG!!!

THE GOVENOR
All State

Post by THE GOVENOR »

The Burg 32 SP 6

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

demaniac1

how as what I posted a dis, to Ironton?

the old Ironton/Lutz teams would have came to Burg and won, look at the records.
so there for, Ironton is good, but still not Ironton of old.

BULDOG
All Conference

Post by BULDOG »

Don't look for Burg to overlook this South Point team. They know from the past two seasons that South Point comes to play. Playing with Portsmouth last week was no fluke.

Just because Ironton lost at Burg last friday don't think they are not a good team. They have the makings of a very very good football team. Athletic, speed, size, solid RBs, QB and receivers. If this team puts things together they could be very dangerous in post season.

I like Burg in this one. This should be a highly competitive game. Again turnovers will be the key. Burg's quick D will be the difference.

Return to “Football”