WK 2 (1-0) Wheelersburg @ (0-1) South Point

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

seasick80
All State

Re: WK 2 (1-0) Wheelersburg @ (0-1) South Point

Post by seasick80 »

the others will help pick it up a notch!

whspirate
Waterboy

Post by whspirate »

History does not fair well for the burg in week 2. 0-3 on the road during week 2 over last several years. Even with wins at home during week 2 they were ugly. The question will be how the team responds after a huge emotional, physical, and mental toll which was taken during week 1 vs Ironton. I have faith as a pirate fan that the burg will win.

This will be a close game and neither team will dominate the other in this one. Turnovers? Field Position? Big Plays?

Keep track and the team that handles these three things the best will win. I think That team will be Wheelersburg!

A-Bomb
Riding the Bench

Post by A-Bomb »

i think wheelersburg wins this one by about a touchdown....they cannot overlook south point though....they're not bad!!!

1fan1
Riding the Bench

Post by 1fan1 »

history smistory...week two last year vs s. point after a BIG, BIG Blowout statement of a new era over Ironton in Big Jon Eaton's memory was a VICTORY. This year will be, too. S. Point has lost a lot. They still have a few athletes, but not nearly what they have had in the past two years. Burg still has awesome athletes out there. Many of them. So, Burg, 24-6
On a sad note, Lang is out for the year with a torn ACL and, I heard miniscus, too. . My heart goes out to the kid, but most athletes deal with injuries....It's part of being a really competitive, good athlete. Sooner or later, if you play that hard and that much with that much intensity and pressure, most strong, players face the challenge of injury somehow. It is part of the test sports puts the many of the good ones through. Look at the pros. The ones with heart rehab and get back, and so will Tyler. I hope he keeps his head up and his teammates give him lots of encouragement and support through it all. It can happen any time to anyone of them. That kid played with guts and made great decisions that put the team in a position to beat Ironton in the last quarter; without his leadership and touchdown engineering (two of them) for 90% of the game, on O and D, the Pirates wouldn't be 1-0, and one final touchdown might not have been enough. He is one awesome athlete on both sides of the ball.

backdoor54
Riding the Bench

Post by backdoor54 »

wheelersburg will be ok.. but dont underestimate this loss in the long run for the year.. this was their best all around football player imo

PLEASANTFLYER
JV Team

Post by PLEASANTFLYER »

the burg by a bunch

Ptown Playmaker
Varsity

Post by Ptown Playmaker »

Good luck Burg.

primetime20
Riding the Bench

Post by primetime20 »

SOUTH POINT WINS TONIGHT!

F o o t b a l l
Waterboy

Post by F o o t b a l l »

Well, it looks like this is going to be a great game. Pointers made the upset two years ago 21-14. Last year, the Burg avenged that loss with a 23-0 win at home. This year, were back at South Point, another upset ? I don't know, maybe. It's to close to call this year in my opinion. I guess we'll have to wait till tonight to find out. But if I had to give a prediction on the game then it would be the Pointers pulling out yet another upset 21-20 over the Burg.

Good luck to both teams.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

With alot of posters predicting a SP win, why would it be considered an upset? Isn't SP a DIV. IV team, so therefore they are the bigger team.

The loss of Tyler will sting a little, especially on defense, but there are perfectly capable kids waiting in the wings to take his place. Brandon Schankweiler is perfectly capable of running this offens, once it sets in with him that he has to be the man now, the rest of the season. He started out a little jittery, but once he got settled down, he looked liked he had been playing that position for awhile (since what, 5th grade). He just has to have confidence in himself and the rest of the team has to trust in his abilities also.

I think Burg will win, if they can play to their capabilities. What was it that Clifford from Ptown said a few years ago, "this team can be scary good."

Good luck Pirates.

B Schank, believe in yourself and believe that you belong out there.

BULDOG
All Conference

Post by BULDOG »

This should be a really good game. I agree as always turnovers are a huge factor. Burgs defensive intensity must remain as it was in the Ironton game. Burg must play a flawless game and eliminate the costly turnovers and penalties. Also special team coverage must be better as Burg cannot afford to give up the huge return. Contain RB Seagraves (sp?) and make the others beat you. OL must continue to block better each week.

I think B Schank will do fine at QB. Maybe a little rough at first but once he gets into the flow of the game he'll do ok.

As Burgs defense goes so does this Burg team. The defense, especially the DL, drives this ball club. If they show up tonight and take care of their responsibilites I believe Burg will win this game. Burg must be able to throw the football just like last week. At least a dozen or so times per game. If they can get B Schank going by throwing the short routes to get him confidence Burg should prevail.

Prediction:
Burg 7 SP 0 1st Qtr
Burg 7 SP 7 Half
Burg 14 SP 7 3rd Qtr
Burg 24 SP 14 Final
Late FG by Aaron White puts this one out of reach for the Pointers.

FrozenFish
Waterboy

Post by FrozenFish »

Burg gets their first shut-out of the season.
34 - 0. :122246

The Riepo Man
All Conference

Post by The Riepo Man »

White breaks necks and cashes checks....BURGs D tags'em and bags'em....BURG wins.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Should be an interesting game. I want to say that the Burg should coast in this one. It is still early in the season so everyone has a lot to improve on. If they turn it over like they did against Ironton, and The pointers dont, could be a close one. Good luck to both. I think it will be closer than some might think. Although calpreps did call last weeks game a one point win, ( i think for Ironton though/ I could be wrong), they did get it right, and they've got this one within 3 td's, they might be right, ONLY if burg holds onto the ball. I also think the burg qb that took over late, is stronger than the guy who started...Ironton controlled them, til they gave the fumbles and points before the half...But they couldnt control the back up q back in the second qrtr. that says a lot for that young mans depth and control...

Big Red
Riding the Bench

Post by Big Red »

scottie walker will break out in a big way for burg, burg wins by one score.

Theguyfromthepoint07
Riding the Bench

Post by Theguyfromthepoint07 »

im takin the pointers in this one ill be there raisin hell make sure yall look out for #6 im sure he will rip one off for a big gain pointers take this one.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Anybody that is going to the game and can call and give me updates I would greatly appreciate it. I can be reached at 1-800-793-5272 Ext 5252 or on my cell at 740-727-2193. Just ask for Steve. A call after each score or at the end of each quarter would be great.

Thanks.

buckeyeshots
Freshman Team

Post by buckeyeshots »

**PICTURES** Buckeyeshots.com will be in attendance tonight taking pictures of the game. Check back later this weekend for the albums.

http://www.buckeyeshots.com

BurgBalla
Riding the Bench

Post by BurgBalla »

No one doing any updates? Would love to hear some when it starts! Play-by-Play was awesome last week

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

BurgBalla wrote:No one doing any updates? Would love to hear some when it starts! Play-by-Play was awesome last week

It's not on the radio as far as I know. So unless someone can get the scores from someone at the game and post them we won't have any updats. I'm hoping to get a phone call with each quarter score.

Return to “Football”