WK 2 (1-0) Jackson @ (1-0) Waverly

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

Dudley87
Waterboy

Re: WK 2 (1-0) Jackson @ (1-0) Waverly

Post by Dudley87 »

19eightyfive wrote:yeah, that throw was freakin amazing! i think roback was a little to amped for the game, hence the over throws and such. i believe as the season progresses he will be able to settle in and complete a much larger percentage of his passes.

You are exacctly right..... A little too much adrenaline (spelling?) and he was a little too strong on hiss tosses. But as he calmed down, he was money.

Don't get me wrong, I loved watching Trevor play but keep in mind that half of the passes that Derek thru were on a dead run. Trevor was a great QB and I would never take anything away from him, but he had a much more experienced line. When these kids get some experience under their belts, watch out!

fbone
Waterboy

Post by fbone »

Trooper wrote:
fbone wrote:roback and his passing arent that good

fbone wrote:I am not denying he is a good player because he is but not great.

Well, which is it? Is he good or not?

My mistake contraindicating myself, I am just saying he is not this awesome player like everybody seems, He is GOOD, NOT GREAT,

Sorry for the confusion.

fbone
Waterboy

Post by fbone »

tigerfan4life wrote:Haha i just wish Walls could Have 47 throws in a game against a weak secondary like that

800 yards 12 tds?

Roback is Clearly more of a threat on the run but his arm is not nearly as close as good as Walls

In time his arm will develope but to give him this much praise is obsurd

Hey, I like your point of view. He will develope along with the team.

tigerfan4life
Riding the Bench

Post by tigerfan4life »

Dudley87 wrote:
tigerfan4life wrote:Haha i just wish Walls could Have 47 throws in a game against a weak secondary like that

800 yards 12 tds?

Roback is Clearly more of a threat on the run but his arm is not nearly as close as good as Walls

In time his arm will develope but to give him this much praise is obsurd

Evidently you did not see him rolling to his left with pressure coming from his right and in front, pull up and flip the ball 50 yards right on target.

no but i saw walls his sophmore yr vs jackson look for like .5 seconds and hit korey bryant for about 60

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Jackson at Waverly, will it be live on www.nextvsports.com

Bobby k
Freshman Team

Post by Bobby k »

Gotta get the word out that sponsors what makes the world go 'round (especially on the net!)

If we can get sponsors we can do a lot more games....

But to answer your question...not this week.

Pigskinplayer
Waterboy

Post by Pigskinplayer »

Roback is not Walls, at least not yet, will he be better? Time will tell.He is also not the whole team. We have very good receivers, and running backs, this year that will account for ALOT of yards. Nobody is saying Roback is all we have.He's not,nor do we want the team to think its a one man show. I just don't understand people who do not account for all the college scouting reports,(Florida,Oklahoma,Penn State,etc.....) but whatever, not trying to pick a fight.Yes, everyone is entitled to their own opinions.
Should be a good game,Jackson will be trying to run all over us
Still say Waverly by 17. (rumors of a new kicker?)
Go Tigers and GO BUCKS!

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Can we please quit comparing Roback to Walls and debating who is better, etc. Walls is at New Mexico State, Roback is a Junior at Waverly High School. Roback went out last Friday night to compete and did what he could to help his team win a football game. He and all the Waverly Tigers will be pleasure to watch just as they have been the past couple years.

I don't think there are any rumors tigers11.

briandixon
Waterboy

Post by briandixon »

tigers2010onhuddle wrote:Can we please quit comparing Roback to Walls and debating who is better, etc. Walls is at New Mexico State, Roback is a Junior at Waverly High School. Roback went out last Friday night to compete and did what he could to help his team win a football game. He and all the Waverly Tigers will be pleasure to watch just as they have been the past couple years.

I don't think there are any rumors tigers11.

Thank you... They were great teammates.... but they aren't anymore roback will grow to be a whole different QB alltogether...

SEOFootballFan
Waterboy

Post by SEOFootballFan »

ROBACK FOR HEISMAN!!!

Tiger Grad 07
Waterboy

Post by Tiger Grad 07 »

Go Waverly... close game last week... i think this week will be the same... Waverly vs. Jackson is always a close game and a good game... I see see Waverly pulling this one out by a touchdown... maybe 2

Pigskinplayer
Waterboy

Post by Pigskinplayer »

My intent was not to compare Walls and Roback, actually just the opposite.I was referring to the posts about how many yards and tds Walls would have had throwing in the Piketon Game.I agree you can't really compare to different types of qbs.
Go Tigers and GO BUCKS!

Judge Smales
Freshman Team

Post by Judge Smales »

I am looking forward to a great game and some awesome pizza at Fred's afterwords!

Let's Go Ironmen! :aaaaa41

Judge Smales
Freshman Team

Post by Judge Smales »

P.S. - Great write up Paul!

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Good luck to the Ironmen tonight! It's going to take a great effort to bring a win back to Jackson, but I think the Ironmen can get the job done.

BEAT WAVERLY!!!

1959IRISHA
Waterboy

Post by 1959IRISHA »

Ironmen go to 2-0 grind out the clock and bring the victory home !!!!

ChiefCruiser95
Freshman Team

Post by ChiefCruiser95 »

Good luck tonight Jackson!!! I'll be cheering my butt off in the stands at Pick North but I'll be thinking of the beating The Ironmen will be putting on Waverly. I hope my expectations of The Ironmen are realized tonight.

Go Ironmen!! Go SEOAL!!!

Keyser_sozeThrice
S

Post by Keyser_sozeThrice »

Judge Smales....Thank you for the kinds words on the writeup. I'm on the way out the door to Wellston's game with Minford. Brad Sherman of our sister paprer The Pike County News-Watchman is covering the Jackson-Waverly game.

Andy
Waterboy

Post by Andy »

The game audio is being broadcasted live over at www.nextvsports.com and the video will be added tomarrow morning..

:)

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

WOW!!!

Jackson up 22-0 in the 2nd quarter. I never expected that.

Return to “Football”