Ironton's Bob Lutz - The Coach - Retires

ItownHosscat
S

Re: Ironton's Bob Lutz - The Coach - Retires

Post by ItownHosscat »

Buckeye-4-Life wrote:Wouldn't Mark Lutz be the front runner for this position? If they would go outside the Lutz family, he better get the approval from Bob or it will never work!

My sources say Mark Lutz didn't apply.Mark Vass did,with Vass being a teacher and a coach all bets lead to him.

dreamweaver
Varsity

Post by dreamweaver »

tigercannon71 wrote:
sinker wrote:i think merrill tripplett would be an excellent choice as coach if given a chance!
Been there, done that, didnt turn out so good for either party. Dont think anyone wants to revisit that.

Has anyone heard any other names?

Too bad no one values your opinion :lol: :122245

dreamweaver
Varsity

Post by dreamweaver »

That's what I'm hearing also. Vass is the next Coach.

Charley Hustle
SEOP

Post by Charley Hustle »

ItownHosscat wrote:
Buckeye-4-Life wrote:Wouldn't Mark Lutz be the front runner for this position? If they would go outside the Lutz family, he better get the approval from Bob or it will never work!

My sources say Mark Lutz didn't apply.Mark Vass did,with Vass being a teacher and a coach all bets lead to him.
Last Friday I was watching the Ironton-Greenup County basketball game and the folks setting behind me were eating "TRAIL MIX" talking about the next football coach......and from what I heard Mark Vass is a lock...... 8) 8)

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

Good Luck Mr. Vass if you are the chosen one!!

High Plains Drifter
Freshman Team

Post by High Plains Drifter »

^^^Will you be assisting?

sinker
Freshman Team

Post by sinker »

like an episode of "all in the family" :lol:

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

dreamweaver wrote:
tigercannon71 wrote:
sinker wrote:i think merrill tripplett would be an excellent choice as coach if given a chance!
Been there, done that, didnt turn out so good for either party. Dont think anyone wants to revisit that.

Has anyone heard any other names?

Too bad no one values your opinion :lol: :122245
Strong 17th post :roll:

dreamweaver
Varsity

Post by dreamweaver »

Thanks!

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

Seen Coach Boomer Burcham at Ironton High School yesterday. Have not seen him in school for a long time, let the games begin.

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

I wonder if it will be open to the public? I would like to heard who the list of Coaches that applied for the job and their qualifications.

ghostzapper
JV Team

Post by ghostzapper »

sinker wrote:like an episode of "all in the family" :lol:
All in the family.....sounds like their is hatred....

ghostzapper
JV Team

Post by ghostzapper »

dreamweaver wrote:Forgot to say Good Luck Bob and ENJOY. Congratulations on your outstanding career.

THE reason it was a train wreck before is because the assistant coaches put their EGOS ahead of helping players. So yea, you are right, it shouldn't be another train wreck if they keep it inside the two families. Plus, there is plenty of time to get things in order for next season, unlike the "train wreck" when they only had a month to prepare and no staff. I will root for the Tigers no matter who is the coach.
What coaches have the egos you are talking about?

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

OSU 77 wrote:Seen Coach Boomer Burcham at Ironton High School yesterday. Have not seen him in school for a long time, let the games begin.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Anyone hear anything about Fairviews Coach McPeek or Racelands Coach Maynard applying for the job?

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

I don't think we will ever know who applied for the job unless the Board meeting is open to the public.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

ghostzapper wrote:
dreamweaver wrote:Forgot to say Good Luck Bob and ENJOY. Congratulations on your outstanding career.

THE reason it was a train wreck before is because the assistant coaches put their EGOS ahead of helping players. So yea, you are right, it shouldn't be another train wreck if they keep it inside the two families. Plus, there is plenty of time to get things in order for next season, unlike the "train wreck" when they only had a month to prepare and no staff. I will root for the Tigers no matter who is the coach.
What coaches have the egos you are talking about?

Train wrech if I remember they went to the play-offs that year and the schedule was tuff and they did this in one month.

sinker
Freshman Team

Post by sinker »

nepotism is a better word...speaking of hatred, you ever mistreat a kid or young man because of a dislike for their parent? take a look in the mirror!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

OSU 77 wrote:I don't think we will ever know who applied for the job unless the Board meeting is open to the public.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------for someone that claims to be an ironton fan, osu77, you sure seem to have alot of derogatory comments about the program.it's plain as the nose on my face anyway.

Return to “Football”