WK 2 (0-1) River Valley @ (0-1) Oak Hill

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

oaksbacker1
Waterboy

Re: WK 2 (0-1) River Valley @ (0-1) Oak Hill

Post by oaksbacker1 »

A long shot indeed. We need to winout, and also have some help from the Peake. But right now the boys main focus needs to be on River Valley this Friday night. Didn't hear if the boys had a good practice tonight or not. I hope so though. Go Big O

crazee-oakaholic
All Conference

Post by crazee-oakaholic »

everytime someone says go big o i think of angie sprouse because she is like the most dedicated big o mom ever..good job ang!..anyway i wouldnt be suprised at all to see josh perkins on d this week..kid tries hard and is not afraid of anything..i just hope his mom can make it to the game this time..i had to call her last week when he scored..GO OAKS!

THE GOVENOR
All State

Post by THE GOVENOR »

Oak Hill rebounds for a big win. 38-8

OSU Buckeyes 5
Waterboy

Post by OSU Buckeyes 5 »

oaksbacker1 wrote:A long shot indeed. We need to winout, and also have some help from the Peake. But right now the boys main focus needs to be on River Valley this Friday night. Didn't hear if the boys had a good practice tonight or not. I hope so though. Go Big O

Peake won't give Oak Hill any help as far as the playoffs are concerned. You only get computer points from the teams you beat.

Rvfan
Freshman Team

Post by Rvfan »

Saw RV at Minford, gave Minford a big scare the first quarter, but seemed to fall apart after that. If they can keep it together, and play 4 qtrs. of football, Oak Hill will be in for a surprise also. Rv has all the right parts, just putting them together, and keeping them together, is the key. Coach Mcleland, and staff have a big job ahead of them, but I know them all, and they all will do all they can to see that they are prepared, but they can't play the game for them. IMO, all this team needs is a little confidence in themselves. Good Luck to both teams, but would like to RV pull this one out!!

Derf
Riding the Bench

Post by Derf »

Best of luck to the Oaks.

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

If RV can get those skill players in position to make some plays, the Raiders could do very well in this game.

The Oaks will correct many of the mistakes which they made last Friday, which could also make for an interesting game.

I was also really impressed with the way Coach Phillips talked about the game to the newspaper folks. He publicly shouldered the blame for the loss last Friday. Not many coaches will do that.

Does anybody have any stats or anything from the RV/Minford game? I didn't see any significant write-up in the Gallipolis Sunday paper about the game.
Last edited by madpolecat on Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

crazee-oakaholic
All Conference

GO OAKS

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

What is the forecast for Friday's game?

Obviously, the turf will keep the footing nice, but will there be rains to make for some slick ball handling?

crazee-oakaholic
All Conference

lets hope not we had a hard enough time holding on to the ball last week...lets go oaks! cut down on the turnovers!! and lets get our first W on the season

boogerred
All State

Post by boogerred »

I would like to think mine Alma Mater had a chance.

But wasn't it Crash Davis who said "Don't think, Meat, it will only hurt the team."

4theKids
Freshman Team

Post by 4theKids »

I think you might see some changes this Friday.

And Pete and Chris were not fighting.
Pete went for a pass, it was just wide and he took a late hit.... by a Peake player -----NO FLAG until Pete got up and forearmed the Peake player.
Chris was out because he came from the sideline across the field.

no reason for either to be in the situation, but I think if the flag had been thrown when Pete was hit late................oh well...........might have made a difference?

GO OAKS!!
HOPE WE ALL HAVE OUR RAINGEAR READY!!

wolley07
Riding the Bench

Post by wolley07 »

I say Oak Hill will pull out the win, but not by much. They have a lot of work to do still, but I think the loss will help fuel a desire to win, but they cant get lazy or cocky or they will end up seeing another repeat of last week

Regulator
All Conference

Post by Regulator »

4theKids wrote:I think you might see some changes this Friday.

And Pete and Chris were not fighting.
Pete went for a pass, it was just wide and he took a late hit.... by a Peake player -----NO FLAG until Pete got up and forearmed the Peake player.
Chris was out because he came from the sideline across the field.

no reason for either to be in the situation, but I think if the flag had been thrown when Pete was hit late................oh well...........might have made a difference?

GO OAKS!!
HOPE WE ALL HAVE OUR RAINGEAR READY!!

I was standing right near the play and let me tell you, it was not a late hit. The Oak Hill player went for the ball dropped the ball but the Peake player could not see the ball or the player dropping the ball, he went in for the hit, Clean hit if you ask me but I know many people have different judgements. Even though, late, early, clean, it doesn't matter no player has the right to start swinging. And yes there was a few punches thrown. I believe had he just pushed the Peake player he wouldn't have been ejected. Frustration was all it was!

As for this game, if the Oaks turn the ball over then they will allow the Raiders a chance to steal the game, much like last week. Take care of the ball and they win by a few touchdowns. My prediction: Oak Hill 26 River Valley 12

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

Maybe time dilation was in effect between the visitors' sideline and my seat in the home stands, but the shot taken by the 'Peake player was late enough to have meritted a flag. I have seen shots like that both called and not called, however.

I have gotten to know the one young man fairly well. Great kid who made an error in judgment and is paying for it all this week.

He and Oak Hill will be better for the learning experience. I doubt that it will happen again.

Looking for a really good game tonight, folks.

Judge Smales
Freshman Team

Post by Judge Smales »

Oaks large!

Let's go Oaks! :aaaaa41

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

Will be giving updates again during the game.

crazee-oakaholic
All Conference

GO OAK HILL!

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Good luck to the Oaks tonight. Hopefully they can get on track and get their first win of the season.

Return to “Football”