All Conference

Re: WK 3 (2-0) Portsmouth West at (0-2) South Point

Post by NICKNEVADA »

Closer than expected West 27-13

Siders_B-Ball23
Waterboy

Post by Siders_B-Ball23 »

I think west will win this one big. South Point may have some good backs but if portsmouth can score 28 points on there D-fence Imagiane what west will do to them.

West 42-7

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

Sp wins.

moty
Riding the Bench

Post by moty »

West has seen the wing t for many years...they used to run it. Point better have more than misdirection for this d.

MinnyAckMack10
Freshman Team

Post by MinnyAckMack10 »

west is looking good but its still a young season.. HOPEFULLY, they dont have any injuries although we all know that is a luck and fate subject and sometimes its almost inevitable to have some.. I'm not sure I'm convinced they are "real deal" just yet.. i knew nothing about fairland and i know portsmouth lost a lot last year.. i expect them to keep winning though because that defense is firing on all cylinders... the schedule will get a bit tougher in soc-weeks which will make it interesting for everyone..

i think this will be interesting season with some classical games to be made..

All in all, west will end up winning this one 28-7...good luck for now 8)

We'll see you in minford..

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

IMO if West brings their A game like they did last night there isn't a team on the schedule that can beat them. They are just too physically dominate.

But they are kids and they are human. Coming off an emotional game against a good team thats hungry for a win could be a trap. They know Portsmouth beat South Point and they know what they did to Portsmouth, so not being as into this game would only be natural.

I don't think it will happen though. Too many leaders on this team an coach won't stand for anything than their best. Big Point game toward a home playoff game if we can get it. Go West

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

MinnyAckMack10 wrote:west is looking good but its still a young season.. HOPEFULLY, they dont have any injuries although we all know that is a luck and fate subject and sometimes its almost inevitable to have some.. I'm not sure I'm convinced they are "real deal" just yet.. i knew nothing about fairland and i know portsmouth lost a lot last year.. i expect them to keep winning though because that defense is firing on all cylinders... the schedule will get a bit tougher in soc-weeks which will make it interesting for everyone..

i think this will be interesting season with some classical games to be made..

All in all, west will end up winning this one 28-7...good luck for now 8)

We'll see you in minford..

West has already had 1 major injury to Morgan the QB. He'll be back soon though.

Believe me, West is very for real. Region 19 contenders for sure. That game at Minford may not be too pretty for the falcons. But we'll see soon enough. Can't wait.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

As long as West plays a solid game and stays focused this one could get ugly, 42- 12.

TAR HEEL FAN44
SE

Post by TAR HEEL FAN44 »

West is playing some good football right now. West wins big in this one with there defense. Go West!!

Ptown Playmaker
Varsity

Post by Ptown Playmaker »

West should win this game by 2 touchdowns.

DaRecGuy
Freshman Team

Post by DaRecGuy »

West pitches another shutout here 28-0. This may be the best West defense I have seen in the last 15 years at least. They made the two DI lineman look like they were standing still all night long.

TAR HEEL FAN44
SE

Post by TAR HEEL FAN44 »

Any update on the Morgan kid?

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

I would keep him out until Chesapeake or Northwest if it was me. Make sure he is ready. Those are both winnable games that he can get some confidence in. I'm sure he wants to play, its his senior year. But West is planning on playing more than 10 games. :-D

Runner00
JV Team

Post by Runner00 »

Lets keep this shutout going boys. :oops:

D_Journey9
Freshman Team

Post by D_Journey9 »

I think south point don't have the d to stop Dale Swords and they don't have a good enough O to even score let alone get 100 yards on west's D.

MinnyAckMack10
Freshman Team

Post by MinnyAckMack10 »

I think west is a good team. As far as standouts, i have to with Morgan at QB... i dont think Dale Swords is the "great one" ... Just a good all around football team... what else could u ask for?

O.V.C '11
Riding the Bench

Post by O.V.C '11 »

After hearing that Portsmouth West just dominated Portsmouth it worries me being a big South Point fan. South Point is gonna have to play an excellent game no doubt about it. South Point is going to have to not have any turnovers and keep everyone in good shape. Their first two games the Pointers have had players cramp up alot. SP will bring their A game and will take advantage if Portsmouth West thinks they are gonna have it made. The run and pass game will both be in affect no doubt.

I say SP by 6

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

West wins but this wont be a shutout!

Return to “Football”