WK3 (1-0) Sheldon-Clark, Ky @ (0-2) Fairland

Who takes it?

Total votes: 0

highlightreel25
Freshman Team

Re: WK3 (1-0) Sheldon-Clark, Ky @ (0-2) Fairland

Post by highlightreel25 »

Looks like another hot one this week. Lets keep it cramp and injury free. please

bucking red
Varsity

Post by bucking red »

Hey Earp food will be done around 6:30 hope to see ya their. IMO the dragons win if they stay healthy. I say Nate kicks a field goal to win by 3 24-21 as time expires.GO GREEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

earp
S

Post by earp »

Sorry I couldnt make it!I ended up having to work as usual! :(

RationalVoice
Freshman Team

Post by RationalVoice »

29-28 Sheldon Clark. Could someone who knows the details please explain how it happened ? I saw the newspaper article. But, exactly what led to the Dragon's 2nd half collapse ?

superman06
Riding the Bench

Post by superman06 »

Coach Wilcoxen not being the head coach!

bucking red
Varsity

Post by bucking red »

Fhs ran only 9 offensive plays the whole 2nd half. IMO the kid didn't get in on the 2 pt conversion. The line judge marked him short but the white hat gave it to them. I don't think he had the balls to make the call. Sheldon Clark wanted the game more than the dragons did. Injuries to Bloomfield and Fisher didn't help.Why didn't we have are backs and receivers up front when you knew they were going to onside kick the ball surely that's not are hands team.This team should at least be 2-1 or possibly 3-0 but they just can't get over the hump. This team has to toughen up that has been the difference the last two games IMO.

The Truth
Waterboy

Post by The Truth »

i think the team is taking on the personality of the coach and his staff.

earp
S

Post by earp »

Ya they are taking on their coaches personality.Becoming better on both sides of the ball!Fairland is giving up alot less points than the years past!Got to keep this positive and keep choppin!We have got to quit putting the ball on the ground PERIOD!If this team can beat the turnover bug they are going to win some games!You simply cant keep putting it on the ground and win games its not going to happen!
Last edited by earp on Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RationalVoice
Freshman Team

Post by RationalVoice »

"Becoming better on both sides of the ball!" Huh ? You can argue that they're better on defense. But, on offense ? That's just not even close to accurate. Special teams preparation doesn't seem to be as good, either.

earp
S

Post by earp »

Take away the first game,23 points last week and this weeks game 28 points that is around 25 points a game!I agree the first game the offense wasnt there but it has shown improvement,A higher point total every game.These are definetly high enough point totals to win a high school football game!

PIGSKIN
Freshman Team

Post by PIGSKIN »

This game was as good as won at the first half. Multiple injuries (thoughts and prayers to #4 and his family, incredible contribution to your team). Somehow the game seemed unimportant for the time you were down out there. Speedy recovery to you.

I think the coaching is fine.

A few costly penalties and seems that Fairland has alot of the same kids in for 85-90% of the game. QB doesn't get to rest either. Just getting tired and rightfully so.

As for the 1st half it couldn't have looked any better!! Chin up boys you've got some wins coming.

Also, awesome sportsmanship showed by Fairland in feeding the visiting team that had a 2+ hour drive.

earp
S

Post by earp »

Thanks Pigskin! Good to see someone that can see the big picture here!

highlightreel25
Freshman Team

Post by highlightreel25 »

heck of a game for fairland till the second half. if they dont lose bloomfield and fisher then fairland wins handily

dragoncoach56
JV Team

Post by dragoncoach56 »

earp wrote:Thanks Pigskin! Good to see someone that can see the big picture here!

:roll:

bucking red
Varsity

Post by bucking red »

What do you think FHS record would be if Mike Lamb was still here? I know I miss seeing him in green but hopefully in two weeks I will see him in black and orange.

PIGSKIN
Freshman Team

Re: WK3 (1-0) Sheldon-Clark, Ky @ (0-2) FairlandNo que

Post by PIGSKIN »

No question that he's missed but Fairland has to adjust.

It's just what the game demands.

I wish Mike Lamb the best but NO program revolves around one player. Bottom line more players need to step up (or be put in a position to be able to step up). Again, first half looked like a win by a big margin. If we could have spaced out our attack maybe not so many injuries and not so many mistakes. Allow the line a minute or two to breath and observe and then get them back in. Fairland needs to dig deep when the second half begins and penalties are killing us. The talent is there and or could be there.

balla4life
Riding the Bench

Post by balla4life »

its not necessarily mike lamb that we need. its just that one extra guy. there are plenty of people just simply not playing that would help out tremendously. fairlands 11 starters are about just as good as anyone around. its the lack of depth when someone goes down that is killing us. another player or two and were 2 and 1

RationalVoice
Freshman Team

Post by RationalVoice »

Not to stir up anything, but to answer the question, "What do you think FHS record would be if Mike Lamb was still here?", I think it would be 2-1. And, by the way, the "big picture" doesn't look regardless of your angle.
Just a point of fact - bucking red is right. They should have had different personnel, etc. out there for the obvious onside kicks.

catch22
Riding the Bench

Post by catch22 »

I look at it this way, these kids are the ones that has to play the game! they have to make it happen but if the coaches don't work on special teams and I mean ALL special teams, like having a hands team ready when u know whats going to happen, then some responsibility has to put on the staff. u recover these onside kicks, then we win the game no promblem. give sheldon clark credit, they came out with a great game plan second half.
glad to hear #4 is O.K. any word on #6? I know this team is thin but they do have kids on the sideline that can give some of the kids a break and not hurt them. they have three backs that at anytime could break one but they dont use them that way. they wear them out before they give them a break.they honestly could have a fresh back in there every series.

bucking red
Varsity

Post by bucking red »

Boomer is alright X-rays were negative and he feels fine. They erred on the side of caution. I for one am grateful that they have an excellent trainer.

Return to “Football”