WK3 (1-0) Sheldon-Clark, Ky @ (0-2) Fairland

Who takes it?

Total votes: 0

The Truth
Waterboy

Re: WK3 (1-0) Sheldon-Clark, Ky @ (0-2) Fairland

Post by The Truth »

My comment on the team taking on the personality of their head coach and staff can be explained like this.They have played 1 half of ball in each game,why no hands team for the onside kicks,cramps every game?,how much conditioning has gone on with the "program"?oh sorry not program i mean team they are not interesetd in a program.Everything associated with the football"team"is halfbutt.After hearing the postgame speach by the staff to thier team adressing them as "heartless and uncoachable"i almost vomited.Earp,you posted a comment saying "not including the first game"whats that mean P-West didn't count,you're such a hommer you make me want to vomit agian.Last question LEEP,BRUMFIELD,andLEWIS like what you see?

sportsnut mom
Freshman Team

Post by sportsnut mom »

Speaking of Leap...I did see him in attendance for the first time in 2 years. He voted the old coaches out because of "discipline problems", I wonder what he thinks of all the penalties this year? Same kids, different coaches, same problems. Last year several games were lost due to injuries-not coaching. The coaches can only coach while it is up to the players to execute. I fear the 5-5 record of last year may look good if this team doesn't buckle down.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Fairland is anything but FAIR. To many attitudes prevent a school from coming together. It is very hard for a coach who has been away from football to come back in have the quick thinking football mind needed to coach during the game.

This team has talent but talent alone does not win all games. Time for the coaches and players to work harder for the entire game. The season can go down hill or have some win's.

RationalVoice
Freshman Team

Post by RationalVoice »

Sportsnut Mom,
I agree with your posts all the time. One slight disagreement here, however...the discipline is worse this year, not the same.
Another difference - last years team showed more heart. In many games they played better the 2nd half - adding to leads, or coming back, or almost coming back - not like this year. For the record, I don't blame the kids.

earp
S

Post by earp »

What exactly is a "HOMMER"???Isnt that some kind of large off road vehicle??Red I am glad he is okay by the way!Sorry I missed the grub!As usual I think I will have to work! :( This will be my last post on this thread!I really hope we can get a win next week!Tolsia shut out a decent Webster County team last week and we all know out there is an extremely difficult place to play!

loyaldevilfan
JV Team

Post by loyaldevilfan »

Were has Bloomfield been... haven't heard much from him in dragon nation. he was a pretty good player last year is he still playing? I don't get much chance to follow dragon footbal....Good luck next week.

bgmonster
Waterboy

Post by bgmonster »

I think the term "homer" means that you are one of the good ole boys that was all for the staff changes at Fairland this year. Most of your posts last season were negative toward Wilcoxen and his staff and you seemed pretty confident that Snyder and crew would bring this program back to its "glory days" which I believe refers to the one time they made the first round of the playoffs. The only thing that may turn this season around is cooler weather since lack of sufficient conditioning makes this team unable to last more than half a game. I understand that at one point, 10 kids were laying on the field Friday night either hurt or cramping. You and your buddies harped on the fact that Wilcoxen's teams practiced on Thursdays in shorts yet Wilcoxen's teams never had the problems this team faces every Friday night. A handful of kids are playing their tails off and getting the crap beat out of them every week only to have the rest of the team collapse in the second half and leave them wide open for injury. On top of that, you have a staff trying to run the offense of the previous coach which they don't understand. This team would be 3-0 now under Wilcoxen and everyone knows it. Shame on the Fairland School Board. You've set this program back five years for personal reasons and done a huge injustice to the kids.

earp
S

Post by earp »

As I said in my earlier post Im done!Lets move on! :roll: Hope we can get a win at Tolsia! :aaaaa26

duke
Riding the Bench

Post by duke »

I think there is more going on with the Fairland football program than the players needing to "toughen up". Some of those kids are giving their all, with disappointing results. At the Meigs game there were several instances of 10 players on the field. It was the awareness of the players that caught this mistake every single time. This week there were 12 on the field and a player who noticed was attempting to get off the field before the ball was kicked and was stopped by an assistant coach, waving him back onto the field. The kids are trying but there has to be direction present, too. You can't always lay all the blame on the players. If the comments reported on here about the half time speech are correct then one comment - appalling.
Reasons cited by the Board of Education members interested in removing Wilcoxen primarily included the following: undisciplined players / staff and foul language of staff -(there have been more personal fouls this year at this point than before, including staff, and usage of foul language by some coaches continues); a losing record -( 0-3). Where's the improvement? I'd be interested to hear what these particular board members have to say now. Perhaps pursuing personal agendas at the expense of the players isn't what it's cracked up to be...an unfortunate and irreversible circumstance for the seniors.

Return to “Football”