WK 3 (0-2) Athens @ (1-1) Bloom Carroll

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

g w mclintock
All State

Re: WK 3 (0-2) Athens @ (1-1) Bloom Carroll

Post by g w mclintock »

The Bulldogs will be fine in time, just be patient. A loss to Federal Hocking, however unpleasant is not the end of the world...Brighter days are in the future.

WarriorBoy
Riding the Bench

Post by WarriorBoy »

While I wish the Bulldogs the best, I don't see them getting a "W" here. Bulldogs drop to 0-3. 36-14.

dilligaf
S

Post by dilligaf »

I saw athens in a scrimmage this summer they didnt look that bad. Wonder what happend :?:

buckeyeguy
Varsity

Post by buckeyeguy »

Jerry Lackey wrote:Dear Athens fans,

There was a person who called the Rusty Martin Show last night and said that kids were playing because of their name. Honestly, give coach Adams credit! Athens lost the game becuae they were beat in a fair athletic competition not, becuase Dr or Professor whoevers son played the game. Coach Adams is doing the best he can do and he is surrounded by good coaches who are trying ther best they can to teach the kids not only the game of football but, the game of life! Whoever the ADULT was that called in needs to get a grip! You were talking about KIDS who were 15 and 16 years old. They are doing the best they can! Do you believe that they go out there and purposely decide that they want to lose? If you can not say anything good about the KIDS then, SHUT UP!!!!!!!!!!

not all their best kids play!!!!!!!!

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

buckeyeguy wrote:
Jerry Lackey wrote:Dear Athens fans,

There was a person who called the Rusty Martin Show last night and said that kids were playing because of their name. Honestly, give coach Adams credit! Athens lost the game becuae they were beat in a fair athletic competition not, becuase Dr or Professor whoevers son played the game. Coach Adams is doing the best he can do and he is surrounded by good coaches who are trying ther best they can to teach the kids not only the game of football but, the game of life! Whoever the ADULT was that called in needs to get a grip! You were talking about KIDS who were 15 and 16 years old. They are doing the best they can! Do you believe that they go out there and purposely decide that they want to lose? If you can not say anything good about the KIDS then, SHUT UP!!!!!!!!!!

not all their best kids play!!!!!!!!

This is why the kids have lost interest

buckeyeguy
Varsity

Post by buckeyeguy »

gahs4ever wrote:One of the problems associated with losing is everybody becomes a critic and too many overstate the obvious by ridiculing the very ones who are working hard pouring their sweat and blood into trying to turn the program around.

At the risk of opening myself up to that same ridicule, I would cite the example of Job from the Bible. When he lost everything he counted as precious in his life, up to and including his children and his own health, the ones who should have been his most ardent, positive supporters actually became his biggest naysayers. His three best friends accused him of everything up to and including unconfessed sin in his life that had brought him down, and even his "loving" wife told him to curse God and die.

It is easy to criticize and make fun of when someone is down. The hard thing is to rally around the ones who want to win much more than you want them to win and continue to support them even when it doesnt seem to be doing any good. The coaches and kids on the Athens team read this nonsense, and perhaps they even know who some of you are. They dont need to be reminded by those who are supposed to be their friends how bad things are, and the irony is when they DO get it turned around, the naysayers will be all too quick to remind everyone that they believed in the program the entire time.

Why Athens left the SEOAL and why they joined the TVC has been discussed on here ad nauseum the last two years and is no longer an issue except in the minds of those who only look for something else to use to belittle the school. Dont you think it is time to put that and all the negativity to rest? Do you honestly think all the negativity is going to help in any way turn the football program around?

u dont understand, what people are saying is their program would be fine if they let all the best players play and not just the ,,,, ones''''

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Athens should start showing signs of a football program coming around at the end of this year and will contend in their league next year.

Coach Skinner
Freshman Team

Post by Coach Skinner »

Buckeyeguy,

I do not want to get in an exchange of words. I am just curious at to why you even care if you are from Nelsonville.

buckeyeguy
Varsity

Post by buckeyeguy »

maybe not this year but i know athens will be a contender in the tvc for the title before to long ... ive heard alot of good things about the new coach and i wish athens all the best and would love to see them become a d3 powehouse and have playoff years ahead.. good luck bulldogs and see u in week 8 at boston feild

buckeyeguy
Varsity

Post by buckeyeguy »

Coach Skinner wrote:Buckeyeguy,

I do not want to get in an exchange of words. I am just curious at to why you even care if you are from Nelsonville.

i support all athens county teams im a buckeye first but i have family who are bulldogs

91Buckeye
Varsity

Post by 91Buckeye »

Coach Adams is a very proud former Bulldog football player, and that was when they were making state playoff appearances and contending for seoal titles. Anyone who thinks he is not putting the best lineup he can on the field don't have a clue. You have always heard this coming from Athens and it's crap. If the kid has a name it's because he has performed well on the field. You won't hear anything about a kid that can't play, regardless who they are. Come on people please.

dilligaf
S

Post by dilligaf »

91Buckeye wrote:Coach Adams is a very proud former Bulldog football player, and that was when they were making state playoff appearances and contending for seoal titles. Anyone who thinks he is not putting the best lineup he can on the field don't have a clue. You have always heard this coming from Athens and it's crap. If the kid has a name it's because he has performed well on the field. You won't hear anything about a kid that can't play, regardless who they are. Come on people please.

I agree

buckeyeguy
Varsity

Post by buckeyeguy »

i know they play hard and i wish them luck .. i dont know only what i hear.. all the negitive i have heard has been from athens fans.... im positive about the bulldogs and i want to get that straight

Coach Skinner
Freshman Team

Post by Coach Skinner »

:-D Fair enough Buckeyeguy. Best of Luck.

ace63
SE

Post by ace63 »

gahs4ever wrote:One of the problems associated with losing is everybody becomes a critic and too many overstate the obvious by ridiculing the very ones who are working hard pouring their sweat and blood into trying to turn the program around.

At the risk of opening myself up to that same ridicule, I would cite the example of Job from the Bible. When he lost everything he counted as precious in his life, up to and including his children and his own health, the ones who should have been his most ardent, positive supporters actually became his biggest naysayers. His three best friends accused him of everything up to and including unconfessed sin in his life that had brought him down, and even his "loving" wife told him to curse God and die.

It is easy to criticize and make fun of when someone is down. The hard thing is to rally around the ones who want to win much more than you want them to win and continue to support them even when it doesnt seem to be doing any good. The coaches and kids on the Athens team read this nonsense, and perhaps they even know who some of you are. They dont need to be reminded by those who are supposed to be their friends how bad things are, and the irony is when they DO get it turned around, the naysayers will be all too quick to remind everyone that they believed in the program the entire time.

Why Athens left the SEOAL and why they joined the TVC has been discussed on here ad nauseum the last two years and is no longer an issue except in the minds of those who only look for something else to use to belittle the school. Dont you think it is time to put that and all the negativity to rest? Do you honestly think all the negativity is going to help in any way turn the football program around?

You can tell the many years you have been around ,bye the great wisdom you have . well said friend

g w mclintock
All State

Post by g w mclintock »

91Buckeye wrote:Coach Adams is a very proud former Bulldog football player, and that was when they were making state playoff appearances and contending for seoal titles. Anyone who thinks he is not putting the best lineup he can on the field don't have a clue. You have always heard this coming from Athens and it's crap. If the kid has a name it's because he has performed well on the field. You won't hear anything about a kid that can't play, regardless who they are. Come on people please.

Good point. I agree.

athenswreslingmom
Riding the Bench

Post by athenswreslingmom »

I just wanted to tell the Athens Bulldogs good luck this weekend @ Bloom Carroll. Keep your head up high show them we can play football :) . 3rd time a charm (hopefully)!! GO DOGS!!!

strokn7
Riding the Bench

Post by strokn7 »

We'll see how Kilby adjusts to a defense that is really gon'na try to take him out of his game. He's only a sophomore we'll find out how he responds to a little more attention.

LEROY
Freshman Team

Post by LEROY »

This doesn't look liek a good matchup for Athens. Bloom Carrol is my pick for the win. Good luck to both teams.

CARBON HILL BLITZ
Waterboy

Post by CARBON HILL BLITZ »

Bloom Carroll

Return to “Football”