WK 3 (1-1) Vinton County @ (2-0) Jackson

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

Ty Webb
All State

Re: WK 3 (1-1) Vinton County @ (2-0) Jackson

Post by Ty Webb »

Nice article keyser soze78.

As much as I'd like to see a close game Friday night, I don't see it happening. Jackson coming off a huge road win at Waverly with their first home date of the year and VC licking their wounds from last week's disappointing to Bloom Carroll.

Hope for a good clean, injury free game for both teams.

JacksonI
Freshman Team

Post by JacksonI »

I honestly think Jackson has this one by however many thay want. Jackson is a very talented team and showed that against Waverly. Jackson has to keep the intensity up and not let down. Even though they're playing VC they have to still play hard. They have a tough schedule ahead of them.But I think with the talent they have they can have great success this year.

freethrow
Varsity

Post by freethrow »

Jackson big

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Great article, keyser_soze78...very nice preview.

I hope that Jackson can win as easily as most people are predicting, but we'll have to see about that. I would say that Vinton County will make Jackson earn it every step of the way.

orange-n-brown 365
SEOPS HO

Post by orange-n-brown 365 »

grndma1 wrote:Sounds good to me. If you had shown up at my yard sale, I made cabbage rolls and put some back for you, but they were eaten as leftovers today. Anyway, I will take that bet but I don't think she will , because remember she said she isn't a good cook. :122245 :122245 :122245

well will stouffers work?? :122246 ah heck those are stuffed peppers I have in the freezer...

Billybobb
Waterboy

Post by Billybobb »

Jackson wins,but they better be ready.V.C. will not lay down.They have had a few upset's in the past years!!!!!!!!

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Billybobb wrote:Jackson wins,but they better be ready.V.C. will not lay down.They have had a few upset's in the past years!!!!!!!!

You're right. Jackson needs to stay focused and play a mistake-free football game against the Vikings. Coach Wolford alluded to the 1997 Jackson-VC game in Paul Boggs' write-up. That was a VERY talented Jackson team that went the McArthur and lost because they underestimated their opponent. I'm sure that Coach Wolford will have the Ironmen focused and ready to play on Friday night.

footballfan456
Waterboy

Post by footballfan456 »

well i cant wait for this game to get here!!!! but i think the ironmen have it the way they want it....be ready for that run,run,run game we saw at waverly because like it says in this article the monster hughes kid is dominating again and huff having his way with this team...Go Ironmen

footballfan456
Waterboy

Post by footballfan456 »

does anybody know any info on if any of these athletes are getting looked at or even considering playing at the next level....cause there are several that are capable id like to know where hughes is going if anywhere....he deff has the size and talent...

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

I haven't heard anything specific regarding Jackson players and interest from colleges, but I'm sure that a few of them will definitely get some looks. I'll try to ask around, but I can't be of much help at this point.

HE_HATE_ME10
Waterboy

Post by HE_HATE_ME10 »

Wow there are alot of VC haters out there. All this talk about transfers and the VC coaching staff is making me sick. Let's all try to have some class, come on.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

That 1997 game makes me want to puke.

Why there was no one playing the fake on the 40 yard FG is beyond me....geesh.

Mixed in with Wolford's badly sprained ankle and a perfectly executed game by VC equals the most dissapointing loss of the 90's in my mind.....or maybe the 1995 game at Gallipolis is a tie.....again....why have anyone back ahead with 3:00 remaining.

OK enough with the bad 90's memories to what was Jackson's greatest decade....in my time anyways.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

HE_HATE_ME10 wrote:Wow there are alot of VC haters out there. All this talk about transfers and the VC coaching staff is making me sick. Let's all try to have some class, come on.

I agree totally...Coach Yates is a class act and a good friend, he was an outstanding athlete at VC,he is a hometown boy, he paid his dues and deserves a fair chance to bring VC back to winning ways...He has a young team and needs some time to get his program going...Playing musical coaches is not the answer...As far as the kids that have transfered, they did what they thought was best for them,..one of those kids #44 is also a friend of mine and I will root for his success no matter where he plays..He is also a class act and anyone who disagrees must be an absolute idiot...the kids at VC have prepared hard for this year and they deserve to have to backing of the community..I respect any kid who goes through the hard long hot 2 a day practices and sticks it out...let the kids who transfered go wish them well and move on....Go Vikes!!!!!!!

Mayberry Mafia
Waterboy

Post by Mayberry Mafia »

Viking96 wrote:
HE_HATE_ME10 wrote:Wow there are alot of VC haters out there. All this talk about transfers and the VC coaching staff is making me sick. Let's all try to have some class, come on.

I agree totally...Coach Yates is a class act and a good friend, he was an outstanding athlete at VC,he is a hometown boy, he paid his dues and deserves a fair chance to bring VC back to winning ways...He has a young team and needs some time to get his program going...Playing musical coaches is not the answer...As far as the kids that have transfered, they did what they thought was best for them,..one of those kids #44 is also a friend of mine and I will root for his success no matter where he plays..He is also a class act and anyone who disagrees must be an absolute idiot...the kids at VC have prepared hard for this year and they deserve to have to backing of the community..I respect any kid who goes through the hard long hot 2 a day practices and sticks it out...let the kids who transfered go wish them well and move on....Go Vikes!!!!!!!

Yea, I totally agree! What are these crazies from, Vinton County thinking? C'mon, how can you be upset when you run a top-notch biddy league program, and then year after year some of your best athletes are recruited away? You people, some who have coached and invested numerous hours in these kids, have allot of audacity to be upset when you see your homegrown talent wearing another schools colors. Geez, people c'mon! You people should just shut up and continue to be a farm system for the other high schools in our area. And have some class too! If you don't act happy about all of this and wish these defectors well and continue to root for them when they are often competing for the same league crown as your Vikings, well what does that say about your community. So please just let this go and get back to preparing more of your youngsters to pack up and hit the bricks when things get tough or they just don't get their way. C'mon Vinton County, get it together!
:roll:

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Mayberry Mafia wrote:
Viking96 wrote:

Yea, I totally agree! What are these crazies from, Vinton County thinking? C'mon, how can you be upset when you run a top-notch biddy league program, and then year after year some of your best athletes are recruited away? You people, some who have coached and invested numerous hours in these kids, have allot of audacity to be upset when you see your homegrown talent wearing another schools colors. Geez, people c'mon! You people should just shut up and continue to be a farm system for the other high schools in our area. And have some class too! If you don't act happy about all of this and wish these defectors well and continue to root for them when they are often competing for the same league crown as your Vikings, well what does that say about your community. So please just let this go and get back to preparing more of your youngsters to pack up and hit the bricks when things get tough or they just don't get their way. C'mon Vinton County, get it together!
:roll:

I love my Vikes but sometimes the fans make me shake my head...kids transfer now days just get used to it...it happens everywhere...what are you gonna do just turn your back on good friends because their son is at a new school...and I seriously doubt he transfered because anything got too tough...just let me ask you this from one Vike fan to another..why dont kids want to transfer to VC and play and not always the other way around???...with all the success Coach Combs is having you would think some area ballers might want to come here and play. I can understand being upset but how long are you going to make an issue of it??

Mayberry Mafia
Waterboy

Post by Mayberry Mafia »

I would give you 2 simple explanations:

1) Coach Combs or for that matter any of the coaches of any sport at Vinton County do not recruit in any way shape or form. I know that for a fact! Does it happen at other schools near McArthur? You bet! I know that for a fact. As a matter of fact, those of authority that are now actively investigating this matter have recently questioned me. It should be an interesting fall to say the least! Vinton County does not call athletes at other schools, pay parents, talk to girlfriends, and offer big trips, ECT.

2) Simple economics, there is not allot of industry in the county. So for a player whom might consider making the switch to Vinton County there has to be consideration for that said athlete’s family. How far do we drive to work? Where do we work? Ect.

Vikings96, you seem like a smart and class individual from every post of yours I have read. But on this topic we will just have to agree to disagree. I do not want this thread to turn into another bash Wellston thread, so I'll leave this alone and get back to the topic at hand. Good Luck to the Vikings on Friday night!

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Go Ironmen!

Great win last week. Get 1 more for the SEOAL.

Bringdanoise
Riding the Bench

Post by Bringdanoise »

All I have to say is this-

If a kid transfers out then good, you do not want a kid who thinks they are better then the team they play for anyway, the kid is gone, it happens so let it go.

Also, the coaching staff at VC does need to improve; and they will over time. They have a young staff, championships and winning seasons do not happen over night. If you look at the top programs around the area and state the coaching staffs have been together and have been at the same school for long periods of time. I would bet if you looked at a school's record the first 3-4 seasons under a new coach it wouldn't look so great. Give the staff a chance, give them time. I agree that changing coaches every 3-4 years is not the answer. Go with the guy you picked to lead your team and give him the time to get things straight.

HE_HATE_ME10
Waterboy

Post by HE_HATE_ME10 »

Thank you Bringdanoise, that is what I was trying to get at. If kids want to leave let them it is thier descision. As far as the VC staff and players they have worked as hard a anyone I mean sure the staff needs a little work but they are young and have plenty to build on. So I am done with this subject let's just talk about football. Good luck the Vikings and Ironmen both.

Keyser_sozeThrice
S

Post by Keyser_sozeThrice »

Ty Webb and ironman02.....Thank you for the kind words regarding the preview article.

Good luck to both teams on Friday night. I will be there, and taking photos first half and in the press box exclusively second half. There's a chance of rain, which if it does rain, will keep my trusty camera and myself in the press box the entire time.

Return to “Football”