WK3 (0-2) Wellston @ (1-1) Waverly

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

tigerfaner
Waterboy

Re: WK3 (0-2) Wellston @ (1-1) Waverly

Post by tigerfaner »

demaniac1 wrote:Sounds like Malone is having a problem. Dont know what it is. Good luck to the Tigers, get a W against the W!

WHAT ?!? UHHH, No, how would we know anyways, he only gets the ball 6-7 times, what about his interception at the piketon game, how bout the kickoff return for a touchdown against Jackson? Seems to me his potential has not been unleashed, didn't Coach Wright (or somebody else) say on tiger talk that malone could break Zach Montavan's (spelling?) record? Like I said, he doesn't have a problem, and even if he did, we wouldn't know because he hasn't played a alot. We will see how this game goes, The tigers might blow it again, hope not. Hopefully they can work as a TEAM!

tigerfaner
Waterboy

Post by tigerfaner »

tigers11 wrote:
tigerfaner wrote:
fbone wrote:Wellston will win, 27-26, when it counted the most, (against Jackson) they didn't run the ball, and they lost, this will be a repeat Maybe they should try running the ball the entire game and see what happens. Roback wasn't so hot this week either, hope he does better and gives malone and rowland the ball more (j/k)

I am a major tiger fan, always will be and I agree. Malone played more in the game last year as a sophmore and not hardly at all this year as a junior, whats up with that? Whos is roback throwing too, I want to see more running game.

Well, the problem is not with Malone or Roback,the problem is a young inexperienced line.The line needs time to mature and come together as a unit.Malone is being used for as a receiver because the line is having a tough time holding their blocks.They will be good just going to take a few games to get there.When they do I can see us running the ball more. I see a W for the Tigers in this one.
Go Tigers and GO BUCKS!

I sure hope your right! I see what you mean about the line too.

tgrftblfan4l
Waterboy

Post by tgrftblfan4l »

I am a big fan of waverly football but i dont think that kevin malone will be the one to beat zach montavons single season rushing record those are 2 totally different style teams when bolin was coach he was more of a run and gun coach now that wright has let roback take over the offence it is more of the west coast there isnt a whole lot of running. If he does beat the record it will be earned and a great thing for the malone boy

tigerfaner
Waterboy

Post by tigerfaner »

tgrftblfan4l wrote:I am a big fan of waverly football but i dont think that kevin malone will be the one to beat zach montavons single season rushing record those are 2 totally different style teams when bolin was coach he was more of a run and gun coach now that wright has let roback take over the offence it is more of the west coast there isnt a whole lot of running. If he does beat the record it will be earned and a great thing for the malone boy

Couldn't have said it better.

MuletownManiac
JV Team

Post by MuletownManiac »

Randy Couture wrote:Wellston could win this game if they play right. The offensive line needs to start doing a better job up front. They haven't been opening up any holes at all. Whatever the running backs are geting, they are pretty much doing it on their own. Let's go guys! Start blocking up front a little better and we'll start winning some games. Go Rockets!

In their defense they have went against 2 very fast and strong defenses, last week Minfords d-line was smothering on all of the inside plays, traps, dives, counters etc.. if they can get there big horses outside the tackles, 1 on 1 with a db or a safety, they could really do some damage, and keep Mr. Robacks offense off the field like Jackson did.

Judge Smales
Freshman Team

Post by Judge Smales »

The Rocket's are indeed improving but I think just to much Roeback for Wellston.
The Tiger's will be hungry this week after the home field winning streak was snapped. I'll take the Tiger's by 2 TD's.
Good Luck and Go Rockets!

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

Would like to see the Rockets pick up a win here. They are due...

Keyser_sozeThrice
S

Post by Keyser_sozeThrice »

Overdue might be a better way to describe it. On the field, they have lost 13 in a row.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Be patient...The Wellston Rockets have a very bright with #44 carrying the football!!...He's gonna be a good one.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Waverly loses 15 starters to graduation (21 seniors in all), returns one LINEMAN (offense & defense) with any kind of experience at all, is in the midst of breaking in a brand new QB who happens to be replacing a College DI ALL Ohio stand out, and people are running their yaps after two games in which the Tigers beat a very good Piketon team and nearly pulled off a comeback against a much bigger, stronger, and more experienced Jackson team.

If you people only had a clue!

There is nothing wrong with Malone - the kid plays about every down for the Tigers (offense, defense, special teams). If you had a clue you would know that. He had two picks against Piketon, is making some great catches, returns a kickoff for a TD and all you gripe about is he doesn't get enough carries. WHY DON'T YOU SUPPORT THE TEAM AND LET THE COACHES DO THE COACHING UNLESS YOU THINK YOU CAN DO A BETER JOB - PAY RUSTY A VISIT WHY DON'T YOU?

The O-LINE is coming along but it will take time - as I said above they return ONE lineman with any kind of experience. They are doing a better job at pass blocking, that is one reason you don't see Malone or any other back with more carries.

Don't get on here and make stupid accusations and attacks!
You need to take it up with the coaching staff - I'm sure they would more then welcome your expert advice.

burg09
Waterboy

Post by burg09 »

tigers2010onhuddle wrote:Waverly loses 15 starters to graduation (21 seniors in all), returns one LINEMAN (offense & defense) with any kind of experience at all, is in the midst of breaking in a brand new QB who happens to be replacing a College DI ALL Ohio stand out, and people are running their yaps after two games in which the Tigers beat a very good Piketon team and nearly pulled off a comeback against a much bigger, stronger, and more experienced Jackson team.

There is nothing wrong with Malone - the kid plays about every down for the Tigers (offense, defense, special teams). If you had a clue you would know that. He had two picks against Piketon, is making some great catches, returns a kickoff for a TD and all you gripe about is he doesn't get enough carries. WHY DON'T YOU SUPPORT THE TEAM AND LET THE COACHES DO THE COACHING UNLESS YOU THINK YOU CAN DO A BETER JOB - PAY RUSTY A VISIT WHY DON'T YOU?

The O-LINE is coming along but it will take time - as I said above they return ONE lineman with any kind of experience. They are doing a better job at pass blocking, that is one reason you don't see Malone or any other back with more carries.

You need to take it up with the coaching staff - I'm sure they would more then welcome your expert advice.

WOW! Seems like somebody has their panties in a bunch. It looks as if everyone is having a good time voicing thier opinions and debating nicely except you seem to be really upset. Besides, why would I give Waverly any advice on how to beat us? Maybe there is some truth to behind these so called accusations? Isn't Malone the kid that got hurt last year against us? If he didn't who knows what last years outcome might have been. Waverly might have had a real chance using a weapon like him. Just saying, calm down, don't get upset, and have some friendly, healthy convo on here. Back to Welston......Hope you guys play smart this game

NY BUCKS
All State

Post by NY BUCKS »

GO T V C .

fbone
Waterboy

Post by fbone »

burg09 wrote:
tigers2010onhuddle wrote:Waverly loses 15 starters to graduation (21 seniors in all), returns one LINEMAN (offense & defense) with any kind of experience at all, is in the midst of breaking in a brand new QB who happens to be replacing a College DI ALL Ohio stand out, and people are running their yaps after two games in which the Tigers beat a very good Piketon team and nearly pulled off a comeback against a much bigger, stronger, and more experienced Jackson team.

WOW! Seems like somebody has their panties in a bunch. It looks as if everyone is having a good time voicing thier opinions and debating nicely except you seem to be really upset. Besides, why would I give Waverly any advice on how to beat us? Maybe there is some truth to behind these so called accusations? Isn't Malone the kid that got hurt last year against us? If he didn't who knows what last years outcome might have been. Waverly might have had a real chance using a weapon like him. Just saying, calm down, don't get upset, and have some friendly, healthy convo on here. Back to Welston......Hope you guys play smart this game

all i can say is....stinkin genius....

p.s. burg09, i mean it in a good way

JohnKnight
Varsity

Post by JohnKnight »

He wasn't talking to you burg09, we ignore your posts. He was talking to the so-called Waverly fans that are criticizing the same guy that has been calling the offense for the last 4 years. 10-0 and 9-1 the last 2 regular seasons 2-2 in playoff games. I am not going to get in a peeing contest with any of you, but get real!

fbone
Waterboy

Post by fbone »

JohnKnight wrote:He wasn't talking to you burg09, we ignore your posts. He was talking to the so-called Waverly fans that are criticizing the same guy that has been calling the offense for the last 4 years. 10-0 and 9-1 the last 2 regular seasons 2-2 in playoff games. I am not going to get in a peeing contest with any of you, but get real!

No offence JohnKnight, it seems you already have (got into a peeing contest so to speak)

Seops123
Riding the Bench

Post by Seops123 »

Malone is a good athlete who should go to a D-1 School if he dosen't then the waverly coaches haven't done their jobs. Waverly's coaches are smart. they have won 19 games in the past two years. Waverly wins by three tds

Tiger Grad 07
Waterboy

Post by Tiger Grad 07 »

I think that Wellston will come in fired and ready to play... but i think that Waverly will come out and be hungry after a tough lost to Jackson... I see Waverly winning big in this game... especailly playing at home with the fans behind them all the way... Waverly moves on to 2-1... GO TIGERS!!!

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Coach Knight is correct, I am responding to supposed Waverly fans. SUPPORT THE TEAM AND COACHES and quit the ignorant accusations.

tigerfan4life
Riding the Bench

Post by tigerfan4life »

wow everyone calm down i almost quoted the whole page....
to answer questions
should Malone get more carries?- pretty much yes, its just hard to get him the ball with the inexperienced line. In the Same aspect the line is not completely terrible and with the explosiveness that Malone posesses he is bound to break a few while usually going to pickup 3-5 yards a carry due to line which will mature but still inexperienced. It just makes u question the playcall of a pass on 1st and 10 and a few times already on 1st and 5. But in the coaches defense its what has worked for us the past 2 seasons and by midseason it will be bread and butter for us. It keeps defenses confused and less likely to take risks.

The Coaches KNOW what they are doing and have 2 years of success to prove that with.

Look at Piketon they beat theirselves against nelsonville york and lost a great one to us.
Jackson beat us and hammered wellston which in turn played a very good game last week where they were supposed to get hammered

Return to “Football”