Gallia Academy @ Ironton

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

galliagrad89
Freshman Team

Re: Gallia Academy @ Ironton

Post by galliagrad89 »

BBallin fool wrote:tjhtygeverve!!! 6'2 230 325 bench 4.8.5 is caught up in this b/s you might see him!!!

It would be nice to know why. I have had my issues with niday and boko but like I said in another post I don't believe politics are involved. niday is a stubborn jack*** who might not play someone because he's mad at you but not because of your name or who your daddy is. I have another son that will be in the program soon and I HOPE we have a new coaching staff in place. I know one person that I would love to have back and that is Woodward. Anyway I hope the best for your son and I hope you won't regret this someday. If your son is that good and with that size please don't ruin him by going to one of the county schools. If he has the goal to play college ball send him someplace where he has a chance.

GAHS7462
All Conference

Post by GAHS7462 »

What little I got to listen too tonight. I thought Tom/Jimbo did their best game ever,on the radio.
Thats the way it should be done guys.

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

hey i'm running out of time!!! and tired of the b/c if you are that blind lol !!!i have been around the game all my life. and all my kids i would tell you if they could not play, thats 1 thing i always said if they was not good enough i'm not blind!!!i was told the other day my daughter would never be in the GA hall !!! now thats a joke but i can believe it.

2old
All Conference

Post by 2old »

I see Ironton did not let me down. I said they had to win by 4 TD's to be considered a good team. Most Tiger fans were timid. Not me I knew the Tigers would win by a minimum of 4 scores.

One question. Who is better Gallia or Canada?

BockBock
Waterboy

Post by BockBock »

How is that for U.S.A win????

BluFan
Waterboy

Post by BluFan »

GalliaGrad78 wrote:I am not sure why Gahs is such an underdog. Sure they just got by Athens and Point, but what does that have to do with Ironton?
I mean, where are the common opponents to figure that one out with?
Maybe Ironton scrimmaged Point? I dunno, but even if they did, that shouldn't really be a factor.
I am looking forward to a hard hitting, cleanly officiated, ballgame with The Blue hopefully coming out on top. :)

Maybe now you understand why others thought Gallia Academy was underdogs. Where was the "hard hitting" tonight? I really don't think they know how that is done because if they did, then the QB's (both) would not have been hurt because the line would have protected them. You know, the guys up front that no one knows who they are except "old" lineman, you know the people that are suppose to hit people so the QB has time to do his job not worry about being put on his butt and out of the game.

Yeah, no politics, the best kids are playing, what world do you live. Either you never played at Gallia Academy, had a kid that played at Gallia Academy, lived in Gallipolis very long or are just blind to what happens or maybe you was one of the chosen because I have seen it for nearly 40 years. (not just with players but with coaches, look at all the good coaches that are helping other schools win games in a variety of sports because Gallia Academy didn't "need" them) That said, congrats to Coach Woodward on another win!

The only sports you don't see much politics is the individual team sports, cross country, golf, track, tennis, wrestling, etc. I didn't say that you don't see it but it is much harder to keep a good golfer, runner, wrestler, etc on the side.

They have one week to get what is left of a team together and healthy and ready to go to Logan and see much of the same. I just hope and pray we don't get anyone seriously hurt this season.

devilfan08
Freshman Team

Post by devilfan08 »

too many turnovers tonight for gallia that killed them and they need a line. and where was the hitting. i thought we would have a better showing than this.hopefully they can regroup this week in practice.great game tonight for ironton. lets regroup gallia and teach the line to block before players get hurt.
bballin fool- your son was missed out there tonight wish the coaches would have opened their eyes. who is your daughter? what is the reason she wouldn't make the hall of fame?

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

2old wrote:I see Ironton did not let me down. I said they had to win by 4 TD's to be considered a good team. Most Tiger fans were timid. Not me I knew the Tigers would win by a minimum of 4 scores.

One question. Who is better Gallia or Canada?

Does anyone really care what this guy thinks? :roll:

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

hey like who ever in the world BluFan is there is know politics lol i will bring my kid to the field put the pats on, but see the practices are closed.lol and about my daughter, best 3 point shooter in school history , inside out one of the best shooter i've seen.name big dog could play the game.and still can.jackie wamsley

JoeGatto
JV Team

Post by JoeGatto »

Quick question for the Gallia Academy folks....I've seen the highlights of the Blue Devils each of the first three weeks on Gridiron Glory and when GA is on the road I'm scratching my head wondering what's up with the cheap looking, plain white jerseys? Those things look like old practice jerseys. What's up with that? GAHS has always prided itself in it's football, I've never seen such sad looking uniforms on a high school football team.

bluedevil
JV Team

Post by bluedevil »

the coaches make the players where them when the weather is hot to keep the players cool

JoeGatto
JV Team

Post by JoeGatto »

What about last week's home game? They had on their fancy blue jerseys and it was hotter then than it was tonight?
Interesting concept. I've never heard of anyone doing that.

Fun in the Sun
Freshman Team

Post by Fun in the Sun »

I just hope we can get out two QB's back next week ......Hope you guys are ok ! Pray that all is ok , # 5 , # 7 and # 17 we are thinking of you young men !

PS , its about time to cut the cancer off the SEOP !

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

DANG I DON'T KNOW WHO'S MORE ANNOYING 2OLD, OR BBALLINFOOL. SURE SOUNDS LIKE THEY ARE CLOSELY RELATED THOUGH. :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

ANYHOW THE TIGERS PLAYED TONIGHT LIKE THEY HAVE EVERY SINCE THE SECOND HALF OF THE WHEELERSBURG GAME. VERY DOMINATING. STILL HARD TO JUDGE WHAT WE HAVE TILL WE PLAY LOGAN , IN WEEK 5. CAUSE WE GOT ASHLAND , KY. COMING UP. WHICH FRANKLY I'D LIKE TO SEE THAT SERIES STOPPED, IT'S JUST NOT COMPETITIVE, IT USED TO BE, BUT NOW IT JUST ISN'T. WE'LL FIND OUT WHAT WE HAVE WEEK 5, WHEN WE PLAY LOGAN, AT LOGAN AGAIN. AND IF WE BEAT LOGAN, THAT MEANS D5, WHEELERSBURG CAN BEAT THEM TOO. BY 2OLD'S LOGIC. AND HIS CRONIES. NUFF OF THAT.

lets talk about ironton/gahs. gahs, has the last 2 years been more physically unready to play, each time these 2 teams line up. last year, i came up early, to visit my buddy gahs4ever. and he showed me about 10 kids on cruTch's this year they had already some key injuries, and this week, they lost 2 more qb's. hope they get healed up. i respect gahs. they are one of the only seoal teams to keep us on their schedule. they have cajones. always a spirited, well adjusted game, with polite kids on each side of the ball. don't expect much from ashland, ky. then it gets wild.

WE CLOSE WITH.
LOGAN-AWAY
CHILLICOTHE-AWAY
JACKSON-HOME
PORTSMOUTH -AWAY
NELSONVILLE YORK-AWAY
WARREN-HOME.
INCLUDING ASHLAND , KY. NEXT WEEK.

MOST TEAMS OUR SIZE, DON'T PLAY A SCHEDULE WITH 2 OF THESE TEAMS ON THE DOCKET, THATS OUR LAST 7 GAMES, AND WE'VE ALREADY PLAYED WHEELERSBURG. LIKE IT OR NOT, IT'S THE TRUTH. :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:DANG I DON'T KNOW WHO'S MORE ANNOYING 2OLD, OR BBALLINFOOL. SURE SOUNDS LIKE THEY ARE CLOSELY RELATED THOUGH. :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

ANYHOW THE TIGERS PLAYED TONIGHT LIKE THEY HAVE EVERY SINCE THE SECOND HALF OF THE WHEELERSBURG GAME. VERY DOMINATING. STILL HARD TO JUDGE WHAT WE HAVE TILL WE PLAY LOGAN , IN WEEK 5. CAUSE WE GOT ASHLAND , KY. COMING UP. WHICH FRANKLY I'D LIKE TO SEE THAT SERIES STOPPED, IT'S JUST NOT COMPETITIVE, IT USED TO BE, BUT NOW IT JUST ISN'T. WE'LL FIND OUT WHAT WE HAVE WEEK 5, WHEN WE PLAY LOGAN, AT LOGAN AGAIN. AND IF WE BEAT LOGAN, THAT MEANS D5, WHEELERSBURG CAN BEAT THEM TOO. BY 2OLD'S LOGIC. AND HIS CRONIES. NUFF OF THAT.

lets talk about ironton/gahs. gahs, has the last 2 years been more physically unready to play, each time these 2 teams line up. last year, i came up early, to visit my buddy gahs4ever. and he showed me about 10 kids on cruTch's this year they had already some key injuries, and this week, they lost 2 more qb's. hope they get healed up. i respect gahs. they are one of the only seoal teams to keep us on their schedule. they have cajones. always a spirited, well adjusted game, with polite kids on each side of the ball. don't expect much from ashland, ky. then it gets wild.

WE CLOSE WITH.
LOGAN-AWAY
CHILLICOTHE-AWAY
JACKSON-HOME
PORTSMOUTH -AWAY
NELSONVILLE YORK-AWAY
WARREN-HOME.
INCLUDING ASHLAND , KY. NEXT WEEK.

MOST TEAMS OUR SIZE, DON'T PLAY A SCHEDULE WITH 2 OF THESE TEAMS ON THE DOCKET, THATS OUR LAST 7 GAMES, AND WE'VE ALREADY PLAYED WHEELERSBURG. LIKE IT OR NOT, IT'S THE TRUTH. :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

:?:

2old
All Conference

Post by 2old »

The jury remains out on Ironton. They still have only played a good D-5 team and lost. The rest of their competition to date just does not measure up. Thy will play their first real football game in week 5. Time for this AD to wake up and quit scheduling cup cakes.

Gallia obviously is a shadow of their former self. Those first two victories were hollow. Pt. may do wel on their side of the river and of course Athens well I guess the word is weak. The Gallia boys just don't have a chance to reach their full potential.

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

Nice win by the Fighting Tigers last nite......

good to break bread and tell tales with Jottings, Blue Steel and GAHS and the Mum family at the Knights......

TIGERS90
Varsity

Post by TIGERS90 »

Good win for Ironton...everything the tried tonight worked well outside of a bad choice in throwing the ball early on when gallia got good pressure and our reciever was well covered....Lamb is a beast...very impressive all year so far outside of the one fumble at the burg at the goal line.....

2 old...I think it is going to be a good game in two weeks....from what I understand...Logan likes to run the ball...not much passing...Ironton loves those type of teams and normally eats them up...our line grew up alot over the past week of practice...saw alot of good things from them this week...It won't be like last year...there is alot of discipline on this team...and by our line not going both ways...they should be able to stay with the larger schools and not be wore out....it will come down to who wants it more...

Before that though...everyone is talking about how bad Ashland is...from what I hear...they had a 40 point victory last night...might not want to overlook them quite yet.... :122245

2old
All Conference

Post by 2old »

You are so right. Logan loves to pound the ball. The last team to really stop that attack was D-1 Hilliard who went on to state champion that year. Logan has played MUCH better competition than Ironton has played so far. At the same time Logan is still looking for the first opponent to challenge them. Obviously with that loss on the schedule although ironton has not played the caliber of teams Logan has Ironton has been challenged. They just did not meet the challenge.

Obviously Logan is not going to be challenged in week 4.

BLUEDEVILFAN6
Riding the Bench

Post by BLUEDEVILFAN6 »

Tigers have a solid ,well coached, physical team. They fundamentally executed a well played game . Their line on both sides of the ball just flat out out-played our starting line. They were stronger and bigger. hats off to a good team !!!!

Now for the P.A. announcer---

what a Classless act !!

HE ATTEMPTED TO BE CUTE ALL NIGHT...
THE MOST CLASSLESS COMMENT WAS AFTER THE BONE-CRUSHING HIT OF OUR Q.B. BY THE END- #84... THE P.A. ANNOUNCER SAID

"MEET MR. LAMB" AS OUR Q.B. WAS HURT-- IS THAT CLASS? I THINK NOT !!!
LAMB IS A GREAT PLAYER-TAKE NOTHING AWAY FROM HIM ! -- BUT THE ANNOUNCER DOES NOT RUB AN INJURY IN YOUR FACE .-- GET SOME CLASS OR A NEW P.A. MAN!!!

AS FOR THE PLAYERS - CONGRATS TIGERS... DEVILS -REGROUP AND GET YOUR HEADS UP.

Return to “Football”