Who takes the SOC this year?

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Re: Who takes the SOC this year?

Post by Bleeding Red »

How is it mathmatically impossible? There are 6 teams playing 5 conference games. 30 total games. 16+ 14 = 30 all day long.

But I like this scenario better:

1.) Burg/Minford/West 4-1
4.) Waverly 2-3
5.) Valley 1-4
6.) NW 0-5

dreamweaver
Varsity

Post by dreamweaver »

noles_fan wrote:Ok I've read through all of the comments in this thread. Every one seems to be interested in the wrong things. This goes to mainly the Valley and Waverly fans. You all can talk til your blue in the face about about how good your skilled players are. The reason Valley had such sucess last year was their line play. It dont matter who you got replaceing Yates and Keller if you cant block. As for Waverly your front 7 havent blocked anyone for the last 2 years so if that doesnt change your QB better be SUPERMAN!!!!!
Couldn't of said it better myself.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

Bleeding Red wrote:How is it mathmatically impossible? There are 6 teams playing 5 conference games. 30 total games. 16+ 14 = 30 all day long.

But I like this scenario better:

1.) Burg/Minford/West 4-1
4.) Waverly 2-3
5.) Valley 1-4
6.) NW 0-5

You are kidding me right? There are 15 conference games. Can't have 16 winners and 14 losers.... Mathematically impossible.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

15 conference games? There are 6 teams playing 5 games each. Yes there are less than 30 games, but you have 30 total wins and losses.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

Bleeding Red wrote:15 conference games? There are 6 teams playing 5 games each. Yes there are less than 30 games, but you have 30 total wins and losses.
You are being serious....

Starting in week 6 the 6 teams are going to play league games for 5 weeks. That means there are 3 league games each week. That also means there are 3 winners and 3 losers. At the end of 5 weeks there will be 15 winners and 15 losers. There is no way for there to be 16 wins and 14 losses. That is NOT POSSIBLE!!!!
Last edited by Crab's Brother on Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

With what I have seen from West in their two scrimmage games I am going to put them in the top spot.

1) West 5-0
2) Burg 4-1
3) Waverly 3-2
4) Minford 2-3
5)Valley 1-4
6) Northwest 0-5

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

You guys are correct. There is no way for this to happen:
1)Burg 5-0
2)West 4-1
3)valley 2-3
4)minford 2-3
5)Waverly 2-3
6)northwest 1-4

mglight88
SE

Post by mglight88 »

I like my senario better,
1) West 5-0
2) Minford 4-1
3) Burg 3-2
4) Valley 2-3
5) Waverly 1-4
6) Northwest 0-5
It computes, however I would hope Minford would go 5-0 instead of West.

SPAMONY
Varsity

Post by SPAMONY »

Ok pirate fan first off stop embarrassing us!

I will explain since you are obviously not paying attention in math class.

1) Burg 4-1 ( loses to West)
1) Minford 4-1 ( loses to Burg )
1) West 4-1 ( loses to Minford)
4) Valley 2-3
5) Waverly 1-4
6) Northwest 0-5

Don't make fun and use LOL when you can't compute simple statistics LMOA LOL ROFL HA FREKIN HA!!!!!

Piratefan2
Varsity

Post by Piratefan2 »

Hahahaaaaa ....I meant to put northwest at 0-5, my bad!

usctrojans1
Freshman Team

Post by usctrojans1 »

West
waverly
Burg
Valley
Minford
Northwest

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

Here is my honest opinion.
1)West 5-0
2)Burg 4-1 (loses to West)
3)Valley 3-2 (loses to West and Burg)
4)Waverly 2-3
5)Minford 1-4
6)Northwest 0-5
This is my honest opinion. I feel strongly about the top 2 positions and the last, but 3, 4 and 5. Not sure about. Will have a better opinion after week 1.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

West Side Pride wrote:Who was some of the boys from burg that has already quit?
Who are some of the West players who have quit?

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

I see West winning the SOC this year. Alot of skill players and lineman on both sides of the ball coming back.

I think Burg will get hammered against Ironton next week (very good team) and will rebound to improve the rest of the year with a loss to West.

Minford and Waverly will be in the same boat. Minford has good skill kids and a good line. Waverly will have one of the best QB's in the area but we will have to see how well the line protects him, if the receivers are there to make plays and if the running game is good enough this year to keep opposing defenses from keying on the Qb. With a few things going their way they can compete with both Burg and West.

Valley lost nearly all their playmakers as well as key players on their line. I am not sure how some people think they are going to rebound strong from that, I dont see it happening. I would be surprised to see them go 3-2 in conference play with 2-3 or 1-4 being reality. They will be i the same position Oak Hill was in last year after losing so much talent.

I will not even comment on NW. I dont think they will be very competitive in the conference.

Nothing surprises me in high school football. But that is how I see it playing out this year.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

HAHA this is great. You can tell it's mid-august!!!

1. West
2. Burg
3. Minford
4. Valley
5. Waverly
6. NW

But....anything can happen.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

I guess with 3 weeks to go it may be time to bump this thread...

I don't see anyone with West at 2-3/1-4...

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

We all struck out on the early predictions. That is a good think for us Minford, Valley and Burg fans.

Its a 3 horse race with Waverly having the thinnest of margins to sneak back in. West is all but done.

This week's Minford vs Burg game will be a deciding factor on how things shake down the final 3 weeks of the season.

Bo_Diaz
JV Team

Post by Bo_Diaz »

Imagine that... another year of West posters claiming they won't be beat and another year of it not working out. I see a ton of hot air through out this thread from every school, but West really goes over the top. It is totally understandable that people wouldn't pick Valley with the amount of talent that graduated, but I love how Valley posters were laughed at when saying the Indians would be pretty good and extremely competitive. Opinions and predictions are sure to go wrong, but arrogant and ignorant statements stick and really devalue future posts.

falcon80
Waterboy

Post by falcon80 »

Exciting time of the year with Minford, Valley, and Burg in the hunt for the SOCII... The next 3 weeks is going to be something to watch for all the local football fans! Goodluck to all teams on injury free games and may the BEST team come out on top!

IMO i would love to see a tie for the SOC because all 3 teams have looked great and have some great athletes, coaching staffs, and communities supporting them. Although, I think Valley will have the highest chance to win it all playing Burg and Minford at their home field!

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

falcon80 wrote:Although, I think Valley will have the highest chance to win it all playing Burg and Minford at their home field!
A lot of people thought the same thing in 2010 when 8-0 Valley had these same 2 home games to finish the season....

Return to “Football”