Freshman Team

Waverly 35 @ Vinton County 7 Final

Post by 72Xcurl »

Week 4 already...... Lets hear your thoughts Southeastern Ohio

the hit king
Freshman Team

Re: WK4 Waverly @ Vinton County

Post by the hit king »

72xcurl, we did the jackson vinton county game and in my opinion waverly by 3 td's. they ran the wing - t alot that nite, also use the option and wishbone attacks, only a couple of players to watch out for. qb grillo is a threat, running and kick and punt returns and their fb matteson not too bad of a runner. passing game is nill, only threw it about 5-6 times against the ironmen. jhs won 27 - 0 should have been worse. go tigers !!!!

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

I think the Vikes will come out fired up and keep this close for a half....But I see Waverly pulling away and breaking a few long runs....VC needs to play hard and gain some confidence..I think they can and will be in the TVC mix...It seems anymore that NY seems like theyre entitled to the TVC crown every year...That needs to stop...Waverly 30 VC 6.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

In the 1st three games of the season Waverly has been a 2nd half team, trailing at halftime in all three. We all know they came back and won 2 of those games in the 2nd half and almost did the same against a very good Jackson team.

Waverly needs to come out ready to play in the 1st half.

I think if it is close or Waverly is ahead at halftime the Tigers will roll in the 2nd half.

bucki4life
Freshman Team

Post by bucki4life »

They are slowly getting better, i look for more freshmen to play each week, if they need to give people rest or others are not playing well look for the freshmen to play. My guess would be the line is where you may see them.
I hope they continue to realize that Malone is a great runner and give him plenty of touches and quit thinking pass first on every series. There are times when our playcalling is a little odd- but i am sure they know what they are doing.

Dudley87
Waterboy

Post by Dudley87 »

bucki4life wrote:They are slowly getting better, i look for more freshmen to play each week, if they need to give people rest or others are not playing well look for the freshmen to play. My guess would be the line is where you may see them.
I hope they continue to realize that Malone is a great runner and give him plenty of touches and quit thinking pass first on every series. There are times when our playcalling is a little odd- but i am sure they know what they are doing.

There has never been a question as to the staff realizing that Malone is a solid running back. The issue was getting the offensive line to mature enough and get enough experience to produce some holes for Malone and co. to run thru. I was a running back for 13 years and trust me.... Holes are important. :-D

Plays are called based on down and distance, time, position on the field, player abilities and personnel match-ups, and defense tendencies. I admit that the play calling may seem odd at times, and the coaches don't always get it right, but there a ton of factors that are considered in the 20 seconds a offensive coordinator may have to make a decision.

I believe you will begin to see more running to balance out the passing game as this young Tiger team matures... be patient.

D Owens
Freshman Team

Post by D Owens »

There has never been a question as to the staff realizing that Malone is a solid running back.

Well said Dudley87. I was his position coach last year and coaching him is a pleasure.

Plays are called based on down and distance, time, position on the field, player abilities and personnel match-ups, and defense tendencies.

It also matters if you are down by 15 points or not. If I'm not mistaken, we were down by three scores four different times to Piketon. That really isn't the ideal time to work on the running game.

billcox
Varsity

Post by billcox »

Waverly takes this one by 3 td's. Roback has a huge game.

72Xcurl
Freshman Team

Post by 72Xcurl »

Desperate in Athens-

Sounds like you have bigger problems than the Vikings. If you feel that the coaching staff is the problem, TRY IT. It is not as easy as it looks.

alexanderspartan
Waterboy

Post by alexanderspartan »

Bulldog Booster 79 wrote:Dear Waverly,

Please rough-up the Vikings, so my Bulldogs at least have a fighting chance to win a TVC game.

Although our players are much smarter than the Vikes, the Athens coaching staff will find a way to dumb them down for the game.

Sincerely,
Desperate in Athens

Just be thankful you're not from York. You could have a janitor coaching your team. :lol:

tigerfaner
Waterboy

Post by tigerfaner »

I take Waverly, the game of Vinton vs. Jackson showed that waverly has the skill and power to overtake Vinton, now.... I just saw Malone's stats on the other string and great stats, hope they give him the ball tonight. Good Luck Tigers!

Billybobb
Waterboy

Post by Billybobb »

Vinton County would have a chance if they make some change's. They got to play better player's both way's. To many young player's on the field or older player's not putting out. VC 12 Waverly 7

Billybobb
Waterboy

Post by Billybobb »

Vinton County would have a chance if they make some change's. They got to play better player's both way's. To many young player's on the field or older player's not putting out. VC 12 Waverly 7

godsgeneral
Freshman Team

Post by godsgeneral »

I am pulling for VC in this one. Though the score against Jackson didn't show it, VC's defense looked much better than the week before. Waverly is always a tough competitor for any opponent but I believe the young Vikings are learning lessons every week and may give the Tigers a run for their money this week.

Gucci
Riding the Bench

Post by Gucci »

Hopefully Waverly's 2nd half defense shows up for the entire game. I thought the o-line did a great job last week maintaining their blocks and opening lanes for the ground game. This will only benefit the air attack. Good luck Tigers!

D Owens
Freshman Team

Post by D Owens »

72Xcurl:

If you feel that the coaching staff is the problem, TRY IT. It is not as easy as it looks.

Bulldog Booster 79 has probably seen Waverly's special teams coach out there and thought, "If THAT idiot can do it ANYBODY can!"

Judge Smales
Freshman Team

Post by Judge Smales »

Good Luck Vikings!

bookem13
JV Team

Post by bookem13 »

Ahhhh.....week 3...the week that all of the pundits have it all figured out as to what their respective coaches should be doing to be successful. I think every high school team has great players, and it's always the coach's fault when they lose. Waverly players 2 wins...Waverly coaches 1 loss. :twisted:

Bringdanoise
Riding the Bench

Post by Bringdanoise »

Bulldog Booster,

Obviously with a comment like that, they aren't growing them much smarter than anyone over in Athens.

I would worry a little more about your players getting a little tougher from the looks of things. Blaming a coaching staff is always the first excuse of a poor team.

Good Luck Vikings BEAT WAVERLY

wavern
Waterboy

Post by wavern »

I hope someone can keep me updated tonight. At work/no radios allowed

Return to “Football”