Portsmouth 20 @ Jackson 21 Final

ironman02
SEOP

Re: Portsmouth (1-2) @ Jackson (3-0)

Post by ironman02 »

Yep.

2004 - Jackson 21 - Logan 14

The last SEOAL loss for the Chiefs. Pretty impressive run since that night.

Ptown Playmaker
Varsity

Post by Ptown Playmaker »

I definitely agree biggdowgg! The talent is there.......we just need to get some confidence and get untracked........GO TROJANS!

2old
All Conference

Post by 2old »

First I remember the game you speak of. I smile when i see you point with pride to that victory. I agree it was a proud Ironman victory.

Now I also want to thank all of you for proving my point. If Jackson or insert any team you want to in that slot wants to wait for the next Humphries to have your next victory over Logan have at it. Jackson has had some great runs over the years. But you have to wait for the super kid or group to pass through the system. Logan is on a run of 4 straight titles. Going back Logan had a super group that kind of launched this thing with the Conrads. Logan has NOT had a super group since them. The junior class currently playing is a super group. Logan won 4 consecutive titles with good kids. Not super. Other schools in the SEOAL are content to wait until they have talent. Elevate your program and elevate your kids. It is my belief Jackson kids did not take great pride in defeating VC. I would say they were pretty happy with the job they did at Waverly.

I will give you one more example that Jackson fans should remember. Most of you know I also debate scheduling with the Gallia bunch. Gallia last won the league with their answer to Hunphries othewrwise known as DJ. Gallia will do well the next time they have a DJ. How long do they want to wait. The 2007 group for Gallia were world beaters in the lower grades. Look at their varsity record. It did not turn out to be a happy ending. I maintain one element of that was scheduling.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

always love playing at Jackson, one of the nicest fields in the area.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

ptown playmaker

I aggree a win this week will put some confidence back in this team.

Trojan_FB_Alum
All State

Post by Trojan_FB_Alum »

biggdowgg wrote:lets hope we can get it together and pick up another win friday night, this team is loaded with Talent, and is a lot better then they played the last two weeks

Well said Biggdowgg, there is plenty of talent. Let’s hope these last 2 weeks were a learning curve. It's tough to loss 2 games that way, but it may make them tougher in the long run. Coach Clifford used to say (years ago when I was down there Ha Ha) that tough times don't last, tough people do. Here’s hoping the tough times are over, and were left with tough people.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Trojan_FB_Alum

I have watched these kids play for a long time they are all tough, even the younger kids have proven they know how to play,and win.....like you said, if they use these games to learn things will get better.

billcox
Varsity

Post by billcox »

2old,

I often find humor in the way you get most of the people on this site all rilled up, but, I must say that you are without question beating a dead-horse with the scheduling thing. Give it a rest already! It is real simple anyway. If a team gains enough computer points by beating the teams on their schedule to qualify for the playoffs then their schedule is tough enough! It sure did Logan a lot of good a few years back to start out the season 1-2 or 0-3 and then run the table in the league, only to be sitting at home come week 11. I'll bet the coaches and players on those teams would have gladly taken a point-cow victory over Nelsonville or whoever if it would have allowed them a trip to the post-season. By the way, please do not respond to this post by telling me that Logan is winning the league title every year because of their non-league schedule, that is a joke! Logan is winning the league every year because they have the best program in the league, not because they play Lancaster or whoever else.

2old
All Conference

Post by 2old »

Storm,

Relax. I still stand behind the idea of improved scheduling and raising the bar for the kids. In fact it is one of the points i make that infuriates other posters that I really feel is true. It just hits too close to home. Others just set the bar lower. You say Logan wins because of the program. The improved schedule is part of the program.

Interesting you mention the group that started slow. That was also supposed to be a super group. Even in Logan things do not always work out.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

.......................................GO TROJANS!..........................................

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

GOOD LUCK AT JACKSON!

billcox
Varsity

Post by billcox »

I fully understand the ingredients that go into building a quality program and scheduling is certainly one of them. I am always quick to commend Logan for playing the teams that they do in their non-league slate; however, you won’t have me believing for a second that Logan would have won any less league titles if they were playing any other teams in non-league.

D_Journey9
Freshman Team

Post by D_Journey9 »

Jackson will win BIG

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Good Luck to the Ironmen.

Nothing against Portsmouth, but we need all the points we can get and the Trojans aren't on our schedule.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Trojans Pull This One Out .

Go Trojans [b]Beat Jackson[/b]

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Jackson has been very good defensively through the first three games, but this Portsmouth team worries me. I know they have been struggling up front, but sooner or later, things are going to come together for them. If their O-line gets going on Friday night, this could be a battle. Portsmouth has talented skill players all over the place, which could create some match up problems for the Ironmen. I guess I'm just cautiously optimistic because I see Jackson getting the win, but I doubt if it's easy for them at all.

This is the beginning of SEOAL play. A win and you're in good position. A loss and you're already fighting an uphill battle. The Ironmen need to come out with a lot of intensity and maintain that intensity throughout the game. If they get a lead, they need to show that killer instinct that we have seen from Jackson in the past, and finish the job.

Go Big Red - Beat the Trojans!!!

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

GO IRONMEN :!:

OZZIE0HI0
Freshman Team

Post by OZZIE0HI0 »

2old said First I remember the game you speak of. I smile when i see you point with pride to that victory. I agree it was a proud Ironman victory.

Now I also want to thank all of you for proving my point. If Jackson or insert any team you want to in that slot wants to wait for the next Humphries to have your next victory over Logan have at it. Jackson has had some great runs over the years. But you have to wait for the super kid or group to pass through the system. Logan is on a run of 4 straight titles. Going back Logan had a super group that kind of launched this thing with the Conrads. Logan has NOT had a super group since them. The junior class currently playing is a super group. Logan won 4 consecutive titles with good kids. Not super. Other schools in the SEOAL are content to wait until they have talent. Elevate your program and elevate your kids. It is my belief Jackson kids did not take great pride in defeating VC. I would say they were pretty happy with the job they did at Waverly.

I will give you one more example that Jackson fans should remember. Most of you know I also debate scheduling with the Gallia bunch. Gallia last won the league with their answer to Hunphries othewrwise known as DJ. Gallia will do well the next time they have a DJ. How long do they want to wait. The 2007 group for Gallia were world beaters in the lower grades. Look at their varsity record. It did not turn out to be a happy ending. I maintain one element of that was scheduling.

why would a guy who's team is in a bigger division than everyone in there league get on here and make fun of the other teams schedule? PITTY SAKES you play the weakest sched in div2
Last edited by OZZIE0HI0 on Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

oldtrojan
All State
Location: Misplaced in Northeastern,Pa rooting for the Reds, Buckeyes, Bengals, and Trojans.

Post by oldtrojan »

biggdowgg.. save me a seat I am 90% sure I will come through that way in route to a week long visit to Portsmouth. Am leaving N. E. Pa. early Friday am. Should arrive in Jackson somewhere around 4:30 pm.

GO TROJANS, Lets get a much needed win!

ocho stinko
JV Team

Post by ocho stinko »

00icu812,
AMEN!

2-old is a hypocrite. They have to play a tougher non-league schedule because they are by far the largest school in the league. Notice they are afraid to join any league up in their area. :122246

Should not be a surprise the biggest school has won 4 straight titles with their run talent and their school size.

All well, I am going to start talking about the game Friday.
Has anyone heard the forecast for the game? If it rains who would that benefit? I am impressed with the Arthur kid. He has been a real nice surpise. He is playing great!

Return to “Football”