JV Team

Re: Wheelersburg @ Greenup Co (KY)

Post by black76 »

Easy game for Burg.

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

This weeks thread is a little boring. No Excitement!
Is this a result of what is to come at the game?

BULDOG
All Conference

Post by BULDOG »

Not many second level points in this one. I hate that but on the bright side, after a tough opening 3 game schedule if Burg shows up in this one business should be taken care of early. Much needed playing time for the 2nd and 3rd teamers. It should be a good week for letting the starters heal up a bit. Starters play the 1st and 3rd. JV 2nd and 4th in this one.

My prediction will come later in the week when I get my crystal ball back from service. Needed an oil change :-D

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

BULDOG wrote:Not many second level points in this one. I hate that but on the bright side, after a tough opening 3 game schedule if Burg shows up in this one business should be taken care of early. Much needed playing time for the 2nd and 3rd teamers. It should be a good week for letting the starters heal up a bit. Starters play the 1st and 3rd. JV 2nd and 4th in this one.

My prediction will come later in the week when I get my crystal ball back from service. Needed an oil change :-D

thats a good one

NICKNEVADA
All Conference

Post by NICKNEVADA »

BURG 48-6

FaberGrad62
JV Team

Post by FaberGrad62 »

Burg should cruise in this one. Just hope for an injury free game for both teams.

Good luck Pirates. Been awhile since the Burg has started out 4-0

CleanupMan
Waterboy

Post by CleanupMan »

hammerdown wrote:
Tobias wrote:...looking for this, too

i don't know if you can answer this on here but how many guys with speed are playing baseball only?

of couse speed is a great thing but if it is not accompanied by the first 3 it's pretty well useless.

there was a game last night the team had speed but not the heart or courage to step up and hit ,they wanted to arm tackle.therefore a whipping was handed down in the mountians.

I think there is around 20 boys playing baseball only and 15 or so playing basketball only right now. So GC has about 35 boys playing other sports. I would guess about half of them would help the team. There is three juniors that were the the starting QB and the starting backs for the middle school their eight grade year. That now only play baseball. Two juniors that were the backs have speed also one has a 85 mph fastball.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

FaberGrad62 wrote:Burg should cruise in this one. Just hope for an injury free game for both teams.

Good luck Pirates. Been awhile since the Burg has started out 4-0

1998 the burg started 5-0 before droppin there week 6 game 21-19 to newark catholic, they lost 14-7 to versailles in the state semi finals in 98. 1999 they started 9-0 before droppin the week 10 game 28-21 to portsmouth, they lost 36-12 to germantown valley view in the regional finals in 99. then came the 3 year struggle period where the burg went a combined 16-16 with first round exits in 2000 and 2001 and missed the playoffs in 2002.

The Riepo Man
All Conference

Post by The Riepo Man »

They should be able to 4-0 with the weaker schedule.

burggrad_2000
Riding the Bench

Post by burggrad_2000 »

Riepo man...i would not say that our first 3 games has been "easy teams"...

so it is great to be 3-0..with a new Coach!

Good Luck Pirates!

We are...The BURG!!!

bobby orr
Waterboy

Post by bobby orr »

reipo man hows football going? little diff from last year. where do they have you playing.

Burgballer08
Waterboy

Post by Burgballer08 »

Im goin with wheelersburg defense is to go and offense is really starting to come together, green up just wouln't be able to hang with the burg.

Wheelersburg 42

Green up 7

D_Journey9
Freshman Team

Post by D_Journey9 »

Wheelersburg 49
Greenup Co. 0

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Tobias wrote:Put in a new offense today.

1st down -- stall til last second and take a knee -- pile on the QB to delay the clock another 20 seconds

2nd down -- stall til last second and take a knee -- pile on the QB to delay the clock another 20 seconds

3rd down -- stall til last second and take a knee -- pile on the QB to delay the clock another 20 seconds

4th down -- stall til last second and punt

I just wish that we had this guy playing for us, too.

MAMA SAYS NO FOOSEBALL :!:

1fan1
Riding the Bench

Post by 1fan1 »

Been an easy schedule so far, but the Pirates have done well, too. This one should be VERY easy, too.

I don't think anyone can compare any of this year's opponents to perrenial powerhouse St. Clairsville or Johnson Central (Ky AAA semi finalist at State) or even the very successful Portsmouth team of last year.

It will be good to see the Pirates play a good team, when they finally meet one. when that happens, the Burg will be ready. Will GreenUp be that team? I don't think so.

Pirates should roll and put the JV in after half time.

The Riepo Man
All Conference

Post by The Riepo Man »

bobby orr wrote:reipo man hows football going? little diff from last year. where do they have you playing.

Well I was playing Sam LB...now I am taking the year off to lift and study the system :lol: :lol: Oh and focus on school!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

SORRY TO GREENUP COUNTY FANS, BUT THIS SHOULD GET REALLY UGLY BY THE HALF. IF IT ENDS UP SEMI-CLOSE. IT WILL BE SCORES ON BACKUPS. I'VE SEEN GREENUP SCRIMMAGE IRONTON, THEY HAVE A LONG WAY TO GO. I DON'T KNOW IF THEY ARE REALLY YOUNG OR WHAT.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP

Post by Mad-Dogg »

i don't know if any burg fan has seen the site but i recieved a link by email for tony lewis' team.

http://www.reitzfootball.com/

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

1fan1, yep, Ironton was easy! LOL. I understand your comment but we sure didnt look good on D against that easy SP team either. But we should have put them away early. No killer instinct at that time. I liked the Portsmouth game though. Maybe a coach or 2 is getting into the kids Psyche! Will be wet and wild it looks like for this game. Anything can happen. Burg needs to be disciplined and play sound football. This will show whether the kids are up for a down game!

BULDOG
All Conference

Post by BULDOG »

If Burg plays their style of football and cleans up the penalties they should win this one easily. First wet conditions of the season may be a challenge. They must concentrate on holding on the football. If the weather stays dry at game time I look for Burg to pass a little more than they have been. Look for the Schankweiler brothers to have another solid performance as well as the D.

My Prediction... The Pirates sail over the Musketeers and move to 4-0.
Burg 34
Greenup 7

Return to “Football”