Chillicothe 24 @ Zanesville 21 Final

86cavs
Freshman Team

Chillicothe 24 @ Zanesville 21 Final

Post by 86cavs »

What does everyone think about this week 4 matchup?

Lamont Cranston
Freshman Team

Re: Chillicothe@ Zanesville

Post by Lamont Cranston »

Don't know what "everyone" thinks, but this poster will bite. And, just like others having armpits, these are my opinions, and we all have em. Week 4 is likely a "make or break" game for the Cavs. Chilly fans have been treated to the Good (Big Walnut), the Bad (Brookhaven), and the Ugly (Sheridan). Although those are likely the 3 best teams we will see until week 10, Chilly had better worry about ONE thing... Chilly. Personally, it appears to be something that may be more mental rather than physical that has led to the total inconsistancy of play so far for this football team. It's hard to learn alot from the thumping they took friday, but if anything, learn this: Sheridan did VERY FEW things, but did them EXCELLENT and CONSISTANT. Simple formula that wins ALOT of high school football games all around the state: they blocked, tackled, and their backs ran HARD! With a win friday, alot of the Cavs goals are still very much within reach. A loss, and well, not so much. Just a rough guess here, but there are likely several 1-2 teams around Ohio that WILL be playing in week 11, but after this coming week, it is very doubtful there will be any 1-3 teams with realistic goals of the post-season. Gonna be a very tough one, as the Blue Devils will definately want to defend their "house", and are virtually in the same position as Chilly. Go Cavs!!!

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

HUGE game for both teams. Probably the most important game in the SEOAL this week.

Philos_Finest
All Conference

Post by Philos_Finest »

Chillicothe by 10.

2old
All Conference

Post by 2old »

I have not always agreed with Lamont but, i do believe he caught the essence of Sheridan football. Thye don't do alot of things but they do them well. Block, tackle and run hard. Logan sees that every year in their final scrimmage.

This is a must win. The good news for both teams is that one of them will win. The sad news is the other team is guarateeing itself a 10 game season. I believe Chilly has the horses if they can come together.
Last edited by 2old on Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Portsmouth98
All State

Post by Portsmouth98 »

Wow, I agree 100% with 2old.

Botcowa
Riding the Bench

Post by Botcowa »

Wow.. I do alot of reading and not so much posting as most of the regulars. But I never thought I would say this. I agree with Lamont AND 2old....at the same time! lol :lol:

C'MON CAVS BELIEVE!!!

ZvilleBlueDevil
JV Team

Post by ZvilleBlueDevil »

Zanesville need's to play better simple as that .. CMON DEVIL"S pick it up and beat CHILLICOTHE!!!!!!

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Watched Zanesville on their TV station and at times they really looked good.It just hard to replace those boys from last year. Zanesville has a chance to finish big. Their two Ls were against a couple good teams too.

MariettaPride21
S

Post by MariettaPride21 »

chilli over zanesville

dr awkward
Waterboy

Post by dr awkward »

Great post Lamont. Being at the game I was impressed with Sheridan. The coach has been there for years and they have always blocked, tackeled, and played hard. Successful high school programs excel at those 3 fundamentals. Chillicothe needs to do those 3 much better to be successful.

Good Luck Cavs!

O.R.prep
Riding the Bench

Post by O.R.prep »

I will stick to what I have said all along.(IT IS TIME FOR A CHANGE AT THE TOP) Why can't the at be's in this school system see this.

Lamont is right on with his comments, but to be a program that dose the fundementals well you must have a great teacher of them. Chilly just don't

Can you imagine what this program would look like with it's great athletic skill plus sound fundementals being taught.(Scary)

Sorry: I am just tired of seeing another class of talented seniors come through this program with no better results. I am tired of all the talk before the season even starts of how success will happen in the up comming season. And I am tired of all the excuses while the season is in progress( For example) Friday night all that was said after the game was "WE are dinged up and need to get healthy" Come on Coach just admit it you just got kicked by a better coached football PROGRAM.

Oh Well. For now GO CAVS The home of the 2008 Div 2 STATE CHAMPS.
Man that feels good saying that.
Could say that about football but not until there is change.

billcox
Varsity

Post by billcox »

ZVille takes this one by 2 TD's.

ravens
Waterboy

Post by ravens »

O.R.prep
I will agree 100% with you on that one.AMEN! What gets me was in Saturdays newspaper.The comment that the head coach said, blaming the Defense for the lost.Then to say we either need to be a passing team or a running team.OMG!!!!!!! I'm not a coach but have watched and play the game of football,doesn't the run game set up your passing game or the other way around,the passing game sets up the running game.Either way it goes something has to be done on the head coaching change as a parent of a senior player,I'm tired of watching this team for the last four years going nowhere yeah you had Givens making the playoffs but he had alot of help from a transfer.Coach Metzler and the defense keep your heads up,you guys gave the offense some opportunity to score not in week 3 but in week 1 and then you made nice stops in the Big Walnut game to help win that game.The offense needs to step up and help the defense to stay off the field,it's not the kid's fault,it's the individual thats calling the weak offensive plays.You Kid's still have 7 weeks of football left,keep your heads up go out and fight every week.

GO CAVS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

keeping it real
Waterboy

Post by keeping it real »

ravens, i agree!! heres the thing that makes no sense. in the paper or the radio the hc always blames the defense!! if he only would think before he speaks he might actually know what he is saying!!! anyone and everyone who was at the game friday saw the defense on the field almost the whole game!!! his comments make everyone wonder "what game were you at coach"? i think he thought he was still at the nut!! every week you prepare for each team differently the run worked against the nut but this was a different team all together. when he finally decided to pass the ball the last 3 or 4 minutes of the game which did work it was way to late!!! he is not and never will be an oc!!! pleaseeeee coach, let someone else call the plays before this season falls by the waist side!!! you can't blame the kids really they have to do what he says. he went on record saying you can't run and pass you have to do one or the other!!! i think that says he hasn't a clue about football!!! this is a good team!! everyone always says chilli is up and down to much. well, there is only reason why and everyone except the person causing this roller coater ride is in la la land!! don't get me wrong nice guy but coach he is not!! kids, keep your heads up and get ready for seoal play!! you can still have a great season!! look at it this way, everyone said you would be 0-3 and your not!! the road is going to be tuff but if you believe you can do it!! hold your heads up keep on keepin on! play as a team and don't listen to the nay sayers and you can accomplish anything!! sheridan is a great football team and you all knew that going in. the score could've been alot worst then it was! defense, you did your best even if the hc does not think so!! this community saw the game and we are proud of you!!!
good luck friday and lets come out with a win!!!!!

DRIFTER
Freshman Team

Post by DRIFTER »

Chillicothe 28
Zanesville 7

The brutal non league schedule is over. Chilli with way too much size, and speed for Zanesville. After Sheridan and Brookhaven, this feels like a walk in the park for Chilli.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

I think the two teams that be Zanesville could also beat Chillicothe--but the spread in score would be different

LJ Clemens
Waterboy

Post by LJ Clemens »

O.R Prep is correct about his statements, If Chillicothe had a head coach at the top who knew what he was doing then I truly believe that with all of the talent that walks the halls at that school they could in a few short years get to the level that the basketball team has established. This senior class has been winners through out their entire careers even against the likes of OCC teams in middle school like PickeringtonCentral and the Hilliards. But long and behold when they get to highschool they seem to get worse or no better. I just hate seeing it and something has to be done sooner or later. I still believe that this senior class can have a very good run in the SEOAL and possibly squeak into the playoffs but I think they can only afford to lose one more to possibly get in.

wrestlefan
JV Team

Post by wrestlefan »

this chillicothe team also had jordie wonderleigh and justin jenkins
losing those two kids really hurts

Botcowa
Riding the Bench

Post by Botcowa »

I absolutely dislike the idea of blaming any head coach for your so called "i'm a parent or couch potatoe" not liking the play calling. Whether its chilly or anybody else. You can't go and say it's the head coaches fault and his alone. It's just not right. I mean if you think about it, do you REALLY think a head coach would take a job and NOT coach his kids??? C'mon.. if you head coach haters, chilly or otherwise, really don't like the coaching then fill out a coaching application...they are renewed EVERY year!! I see it all the time in some High Schools I visit, parent comes to me and says my kid would be better if we had a better coach. Guess where that prospect paper work goes? In the trash. I CAN'T say that I visit any school and have had the idea.. man that coach sucks. You know what...if you don't think the kids are being coached... go to a practice, get involved, get eduacated. Know how many parents I see at practices when I visit?? 0-3 ....at best!! Moral of the story...coaches DON'T tell the kids to fumble, coaches DON'T tell the kids to NOT block, coaches DON'T tell the kids to make bad reads, coaches DO NOT tell the kids to miss tackles. I mean say what you want about any coach.. they are there helping the kids and working for peanuts compared to what they do.Some coaches are even DONATING their time and helping the kids for FREE!!

To all atheletes, if you dont believe in your coaches plays due to what your parents or piers say. Stay in the locker room...don't even come out. It only takes VERY few offensive or defensive play calls to win a game. However..if you don't believe it..you won't be succesful.
Well I think thats the most I've ever typed...sorry for the stauchness, I got worked up. :oops:

Return to “Football”