Warren 21 at Marietta 26 Final

Who Will Win?

Total votes: 0

MariettaPride21
S

Re: Week Four: Warren (2-1) at Marietta (0-3)

Post by MariettaPride21 »

Agreed sir

hardrock21
JV Team

Post by hardrock21 »

I predict Marietta doesn't win a game this year. The losing contiunes in week #4 for the baby Tigers.

WarriorBoy
Riding the Bench

Post by WarriorBoy »

MariettaPride21, wow give some love here. No threats? Dunfee is one of the top two or three 100m runners in the area, but we have no threat, speed is speed no matter if it Hilliard or Philo or who ever. South had -1 yards rushing, 43 yds passing for the game. Warren played with a will to win. You sound like a player on the team. So I will take your comments with a grain of salt. You are proud of your team and school rightfully so. I tried to give credit where it was due in the post above. Only the players on field can make this game. I am in hopes that this is a great HS football game. It seems that Coach Schenkle's brother in a game where the Tigers were out manned made the play that won for the tigers. This was before you time I believe. Why, because the team did not give up the fight and believed they could win. So all the talk is meaningless in the long run. Lets find out friday night let both teams play their best and leave nothing on field. Nuff Said.... Good luck to both teams play hard and play well.

warriiorfan
Freshman Team

Post by warriiorfan »

was there a Tiger ejected in the New Philly game?

MariettaPride21
S

I'm just confident in our punt coverage. I don't think we will be punting much anyway so if doesn't matter. Good luck to both teams!

swamisez
JV Team

Post by swamisez »

Offenberger, Marietta's leading tackler threw a punch, and was ejected and will miss the Warren game.

This comes in addition to the losses of Wynn, and a few others who were suspended for off the field things.

runhallerun
Freshman Team

Post by runhallerun »

21 - you talk a lot - just play the game - I do not see your QB on here running his gums - just play the game - KID!

MariettaPride21
S

Luckily you have no idea what your talking about when it comes to kids bring suspended

Ttt

schenk11
All Conference

Post by schenk11 »

swamisez wrote:This comes in addition to the losses of Wynn, and a few others who were suspended for off the field things.

Wynn is the only one suspended.

swamisez
JV Team

Post by swamisez »

i was going off a report by one of your players

was Offenberger not ejected friday? or did he just get the personal foul penalty?

BigBlueinsider
Riding the Bench

Post by BigBlueinsider »

warren is playing its toughest defense in years. anytime a team rushes for negative yards, you must give that defense SOME credit even if the team they play isnt the greatest.

pride 21- i wish you were atleast half as classy as your coach is.

no matter the outcome, this will be a hard fought victory for who ever the winner is. great rivalry and both teams seniors have history with each other. its gonna be a good one

bigcatmarietta
Freshman Team

Post by bigcatmarietta »

Well, well, well, the feud is on. This is a big, big, deal in this area and I have seen many of these games and played many games in this rivalry. MariettaPride21 is a proud tiger supporter, and so is WarriorBoy about his school… This game is great for the two schools and great for the area. I can’t wait for this game to get going. For 3 weeks I have said the tigers will fight to the end. They have done this every week. Unfortunately the score board does not give points for fighting till the final horn. The tigers have worked as hard as they could each week. So in all farness anyone who has seen the tigers play would agree that this is true. I can’t say I have seen anymore of the warriors than what WTAP has showed on TV. As far as holding PSHS to negative yards rushing and a little passing yards that is great. That is a great accomplishment. Warren is trying to get back on track and back to there winning ways, I am happy for that. So as nice as I can be, this is an apples and oranges comparison. There is no comparison in PSHS and Cambridge. Or PHILO and Hilliard Darby. New Philadelphia, If am not mistaken, has a kid going to Kansas and Darby was 6th in the state and sent 5 kids D1 last season. There strong side d-end this season is a stud and there QB runs the spread like a pro. Cambridge is a playoff team 3 years running. I don’t want to talk down to warren and I feel like I am. So for that I am sorry. I am just saying that the teams they have played and the teams we have played are not comparable. Marietta is not going to be defined by wins this season, it is all about heart and desire. Pride is a word that comes to mind when I think about the 08 tigers. No matter the score the tigers will be ready for the snap come Friday night. As far as who will play Friday, no this, senior or freshmen the Tigers will be ready to play. Just like warren the young Tigers are looking good for the future and will open some eyes the rest of the season. Oh one more thing hardrock21 the Marietta Tigers will win a game this season. It starts Friday. Thanks for reading, and let’s go TIGERS!!!

blarge
Riding the Bench

Post by blarge »

WarriorBoy wrote:MariettaPride21, wow give some love here. No threats? Dunfee is one of the top two or three 100m runners in the area, but we have no threat, speed is speed no matter if it Hilliard or Philo or who ever. South had -1 yards rushing, 43 yds passing for the game. Warren played with a will to win. You sound like a player on the team. So I will take your comments with a grain of salt. You are proud of your team and school rightfully so. I tried to give credit where it was due in the post above. Only the players on field can make this game. I am in hopes that this is a great HS football game. It seems that Coach Schenkle's brother in a game where the Tigers were out manned made the play that won for the tigers. This was before you time I believe. Why, because the team did not give up the fight and believed they could win. So all the talk is meaningless in the long run. Lets find out friday night let both teams play their best and leave nothing on field. Nuff Said.... Good luck to both teams play hard and play well.

According to baumspage, the SEOAL 100M results looked like this last spring..
3. Dunfee 11.66
4. Munfield 11.73
5. Tabler 11.88
Would be interesting to see a big-play foot-race develop Friday night between Dunfee and Munfield to see who is "football fast"

swamisez
JV Team

Post by swamisez »

Interesting history in this series

Marietta has won last six, 2007-2002
Warren won from 2001-1993

2001 Warren 21-13
2000 Warren 27-10
1999 Warren 14-13
1998 Warren 34-0
1997 Warren 49-0
1996 Warren
1995 Warren
1994 Warren
1994 Warren 29-7
1993 Warren

Here is what I have before that
92 Warren
90 Marietta wins
89 21-17 Marietta
88 ??
87 ??
86 Warren wins (score??)
85 21-14 Marietta
84 15-3 Warren

the times Warren and Marietta played before that was when Warren was in its first two years as a school, they played the Mtta JV squad.

1961 14-8 Mtta JV, 14-0 Mtta JV
1960 44-6 Mtta JV 14-0 Mtta JV

If you can help fill in the blanks, I would be in a debt of gratitude.

C4PITTS
Waterboy

Post by C4PITTS »

Heard the Warriors were running a SMASH 6 defense this week!! :twisted:

LoveSponge425
Waterboy

Post by LoveSponge425 »

Pride21, you asked about coverage? Warren will be man to man with Dunfee on Munfield. Westbrook will see this and throw to the other recievers. All other secondary for Warren will be in a zone. Westbrook knows that turnovers will be a big factor on winning this game.

MariettaPride21
S

my dream is to have someone man up on me :122245 :122245

air4ce1
Freshman Team

Post by air4ce1 »

MariettaPride21 wrote:i think marietta will be able to controll warrens backfield non of them are big hardnose runners...also warren hasnt gone agaisnt a team as skilled as marietta it will be and eye opener :shock: :shock:

Are you joking or are you blind? I like to think that Kaleb Wolfe is one of the toughest runners I have seen in a while. He isn't gonna cut around you he's just gonna flat out run over you every play...and he ENJOYS IT! And Coffman...look at some of the South tape...on 1 play he demolished 4 players before being dragged down. These kids are hard runners you will see.

MariettaPride21
S

when i made that i wasnt thinking about wolfe...your right i hear hes hardnose....which is good for warren something a run based team needs
good luck to the warriors

westbrook18
All State

Post by westbrook18 »

LoveSponge425 wrote:Pride21, you asked about coverage? Warren will be man to man with Dunfee on Munfield. Westbrook will see this and throw to the other recievers. All other secondary for Warren will be in a zone. Westbrook knows that turnovers will be a big factor on winning this game.

LoveSponge you read my mind. I see that you guys have 7 interceptions on the season which is a huge accomplishment against the amazing passing games of Philo, South, and Belpre. Were you a quarterback in your day because you seem to know a lot about reads? I would hate to see Dunfee manned up on Munfield.

Return to “Football”