WK4 Southern (0-3) at Hannan (- - -)

OhioSt_Fan
Waterboy

WK4 Southern (0-3) at Hannan (- - -)

Post by OhioSt_Fan »

southern is off to yet another rocky start to the season,especially last week's lose to South Gallia where the officials didnt help out much.Thoughts for this week

OhioSt_Fan
Waterboy

Re: WK4 Southern (0-3) at Hannan (- - -)

Post by OhioSt_Fan »

heard that its going 2 b the usual 'mud bowl' match there cuz of expected rain.and if it does rain...we should FINALLY get 2 dominate a game w/ lemley

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

Good luck to Southern!

bluetraveler
Riding the Bench

Post by bluetraveler »

Southern scores first td of year, wins 6-0

Sports Nut
Waterboy

Post by Sports Nut »

Makes a lot of sense to me to be 0-3 with a very poor line and one of the biggest kids on the team is running the ball. Very sad we cant even score a touch down. Time to wake up coaches changes need to be made.

Waterboy

Post by 1990 »

I agree put the kids where they belong not where daddy wants them to be. Come on were 0-3.

Sports_Man
Riding the Bench

Post by Sports_Man »

Lets be honest, Lemley is one of the biggest kids but he is also one of the fastest, strongest and smartest on the team. He is most likley the leading rusher and tackler right now and IMO the overall best player the tornadoes have. You get the ball to your best players. BTW, I am sure that if you asked his dad, which I am sure you guys won't, his dad will do what ever is necessary to win ( that is obvious from the baseball teams records the last few years)
Last edited by Sports_Man on Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sports Nut
Waterboy

Post by Sports Nut »

Sports_Man wrote:Lets be honest, Lemley is one of the biggest, kids but he is also one of the fastest, strongest and smartest on the team. He is most likley the leading rusher and tackler right now and IMO the overall best player the tornadoes have. You get the ball to your best players. BTW, I am sure that if you asked his dad, which I am sure you guys won't, his dad will do what ever is necessary to win ( that is obvious from the baseball teams records the last few years)

Since we are being honest, everything you said is funny. The first sentence is the only thing you said that makes any sense to me, minus the smartest. All I'm saying is that were not doing very well, time to make some changes. It doesnt work out when the smartest kid on team cant even get the snap count right.

billcox
Varsity

Post by billcox »

Has Hannan played a game this season?

Waterboy

Post by 1990 »

Sports_Man wrote:Lets be honest, Lemley is one of the biggest, kids but he is also one of the fastest, strongest and smartest on the team. He is most likley the leading rusher and tackler right now and IMO the overall best player the tornadoes have. You get the ball to your best players. BTW, I am sure that if you asked his dad, which I am sure you guys won't, his dad will do what ever is necessary to win ( that is obvious from the baseball teams records the last few years)

Lets face it at a small school the bigger-stronger boys have to play on line.

I think Hannon was 0-2, dont know how they did last week.

Sports_Man
Riding the Bench

Post by Sports_Man »

Sports nut:
everyone jumps offsides from time to time, it happens. Especially in a new offense. I am not sure what was funny about any of that, He is the leading rusher for sure, and I am pretty sure the leading tackler. As for the smart thing, Lemley and many of the other backs(Manuel had a 4.0)have excellent grades and many of these kids have been playing football for years so they should have good football intelligence. All of them, as a group should be better. Discipline on then team is the biggest problem right now. Not to mention the fact that several kids that could help can't make it to practice. Some changes need to be made and no doubt Lemley on the line beside #73(not sure of his name) would help.

Anyway, no matter where Lemley plays Southern wins this easy!

gt13osu
Varsity

Post by gt13osu »

If Alexander crushed Eastern, and Eastern beat South Gallia and South Gallia beat Southern... I'm taking Hannan to win this game.

beanie
Waterboy

Post by beanie »

i haven't seen shs play,but i doubt the lemley kid is the only reason for the teams lack of success.so give the kid a break

shakeNbake_09
Waterboy

Post by shakeNbake_09 »

Lets just face it southern has no tailback, and if you dont have a consistant runner your not going to win, and especially when you have a lineman running the ball behind a line that can block air, but im goin to go with southern b/c there playing the school of the blind.....

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Anyone who reads my posts knows that I try to stay positive, HOWEVER.......

I'm afraid that this game is going to boil down to the survival of the weakest football programs (JV trying to compete at a varsity level), in both states.

Play hard and let's hope that no one gets hurt..........

the storm
Waterboy

Post by the storm »

I do think southern does have a good back. greg jenkins. But only when he works hard. I think southern just got off to a rough start. I do agree with putting lemley on the line he would better off there

Sports Nut
Waterboy

Post by Sports Nut »

Good luck Southern bring home a win.

Waterboy

Post by 1990 »

The Lemley kid is not the reason for their lack of success at all. Most people just think he would be more valuable to the team as a lineman. Since we are struggling in that area. Besides the fact that a fullback has to hit somebody when he goes through the line. This is a team sport not a me sport. There are alot of other areas that need worked on besides Lemley. Good luck and bring home a W.

earp
S

Post by earp »

The reason Hannan has only played 2 games is because its only week 3 in West Virginia!They are a week behind Ohio. ;-)

marathon rebel
Freshman Team

Post by marathon rebel »

southern should win this game.... they offense got close to 300 yrds last week i look for around 400 this and a 24-0 win

Return to “Football”